Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anyone here who does not watch the show.

Mugpug

So Somtimes I feel that I feel that I am a rare breed, I like all kinds of fan works from derpibooru(no clop) to FiM Fiction, but feel no real affinity for the show itself.  

I have been in this fandom for 4 years, but have not watched a single episode of MLP FiM, and do not plan on doing so anytime in the future. 

Is there anyone there who is the same way  just so that i can feel a bit less alone. And please be honest

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure @Stone Cold Steve Tuna doesn't watch the show actively, I do know for sure that he doesn't consider himself to even be a Brony, though I'm not sure if he ever did consider himself to be one at some point or not :huh:

I watch the show myself all the time, and it's really good! You should consider watching it, there are some super great episodes that your missing out on by not watching the show :D

51 minutes ago, Sliding Bolt said:

I know that @Titans08Mariota doesn’t. He just likes the community. Why is it that you don’t watch the show?

I am happy with where I am at, so honestly I just don't see the point.

I am happy and that is all that matters.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mugpug said:

So Somtimes I feel that I feel that I am a rare breed, I like all kinds of fan works from derpibooru(no clop) to FiM Fiction, but feel no real affinity for the show itself.  

I have been in this fandom for 4 years, but have not watched a single episode of MLP FiM, and do not plan on doing so anytime in the future. 

Is there anyone there who is the same way  just so that i can feel a bit less alone. And please be honest

I remember after I watched season 4 I stopped watching the actual show and watched more fan work for a year or so. By the time I came back to the show the show was in season 7 and I had a lot to watch. I was kinda glad because it gave me time to appreciate diffferent fanwork while also refreshing myself back to the show and seeing what happened. I don’t understand why one would associate with the community and never actually watch the show. You’re missing out and if you don’t want to watch it then how come you associate with the community? Do you only like fanwork or something?

Edited by The Whiteraven

I eventually did watch the show, but it was the community's passion which attracted me to the fandom to begin with. I loved how prevalent and talented the fandom was, seeing them leaving their imprint in all kinds of media. I don't really watch it anymore though; I kind of fell behind midway through season 4 and I feel that it's a bit late now to try to get back on the wagon.

I don't think it's strange at all to be in that position. I got into the Ace Attorney series the same way; animations on newgrounds.

(edited)
On 2018-05-13 at 9:09 PM, Mystic Brush said:

What exactly makes you stay in the fandom?:confused:

I stay jyst for being a part of the community

I will tell you about how I became a part of the fandom in another post and hopefully that will explain some context

Edited by Mugpug

11 hours ago, Br O N Y said:

Don't watch it anymore, because I felt pretty gay watching it,

Pretty much my situation with the show, i feel like my masculinity is slowly being sucked away whenever i watch it, i do on a very rare occasion though.

• Brohoof 1

I still watch it, but as of this season, I've kind of been losing interest in the show itself, but I still enjoy being part of the fandom, especially on this website, and I still enjoy fan art and works. Sometimes I read the official comics as well, and, admittedly, I think I prefer them over the show.

On ‎14‎.‎5‎.‎2018 at 4:07 AM, Mugpug said:

I am happy with where I am at, so honestly I just don't see the point.

I am happy and that is all that matters.

On ‎14‎.‎5‎.‎2018 at 10:03 AM, Cash In said:

To each their own.

Well said. I can see why many people have lost their interest towards the show or have never even watched it, but still want to be part of this community. I think it tells lot about the positive atmosphere of said community/fandom/site that people want to be part of it even if they wouldn't consider themself as a fan of the show. That's fine, everypody are welcome. In fact, if this site would only be about colorful small horses, I would have left long time ago. It's you people here that made me stay ;)

I haven't been able to watch most of the episodes of the season 8 and I'm maybe slowly starting to lost interest because of this break of mine. I think that I will stick with the show to the end of generation 4 and watch all of the episodes at somepoint thought...