Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

image.thumb.png.cd41014c670047dd06f600bf40f882c3.png

I had been discussing the topic of mutated ponies with Jekyll-in-Hydeing  and one of the concepts was, a unicorn, but instead of being born with a horn, she was born with a third eye.

Her name is Magic eye. She’s totally blind in her other two eyes, and her special talent is essentially having permanent True Sight. So Changelings, shapeshifters, and illusionists would hate her probably. She can also see behind her so sneaking up on her is, difficult as she has VERY small blind   spots.

She practices actual magic too, like spell casting, and charms. She’s mostly a hermit though because she doesn’t want to be mocked.

her Color Scheme was inspired by the Arcanist from Flight Rising. Her Cutiemark was designed by Moonrose95!

I was considering doing some mutant pony adopts, like maybe another third eye unicorn, and a four winged pegasus, and two headed ponies, and six legged ponies, binicorns, etc. but im not sure yet, id love to know if anyone would be interested.

Character and Art © StrawberryOverlord

This work is not to be redistributed or reposted anywhere in any way shape or form.
Please do not trace/edit my work in any way.

16 minutes ago, Mortar said:

Hmmm, could have some story potential there, a-la, island of misfit toys kinda thing.

lmao I was actually entertaining the idea in my mind that Discord actually helps keep them safe because they're beautiful abnormalities that normal ponies rejected,
(and I HC he's basically the Patron God for mutants, rejects, outcasts, and minorities)

whether it be he enchanted an are of equestria to seem too hostile to enter (like the forest in Barbie Rapunzle was an illusion created by Mother Gothel) or if he allowed them to live somewhere in his dimension.

I never really built onto that because I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in that sort of thing.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting idea, I'm confused by it but mainly because it's so different from what I'm used to. I'm curious to see where this goes, but also concerned with some scientific inaccuracy, funny I know for commenting on mutated magical beings. Mainly the idea of adding another set of wings or legs and them somehow acting as an enhancement when in reality they'd be problematic. Good presentation though.

Never thought I'd see flight rising mentioned on here. I once made salt more valuable than gold in the auction house and saved up half a million gold to give to the friend who introduced me to the game as a Christmas present. We stopped playing only a few days after actually, so all of that grinding was for nothing.

1 minute ago, SharpWit said:

Interesting idea, I'm confused by it but mainly because it's so different from what I'm used to. I'm curious to see where this goes, but also concerned with some scientific inaccuracy, funny I know for commenting on mutated magical beings. Mainly the idea of adding another set of wings or legs and them somehow acting as an enhancement when in reality they'd be problematic. Good presentation though.

Never thought I'd see flight rising mentioned on here. I once made salt more valuable than gold in the auction house and saved up half a million gold to give to the friend who introduced me to the game as a Christmas present. We stopped playing only a few days after actually, so all of that grinding was for nothing.

well to be fair i never said they'd be enhancements, they'd be deformities.
I was thinking the extra wings would be basically useless but not really get in the way of flying for the most part
and multiple legs might make a pony more clumsy but not prevent them from functioning normally either.
Really the most hindering thing about their mutations would be the social stigma of them.