Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Far From Home (1x1 with Yuu Xeno)

Catpone Cerberus

Rhett's jaw hit the floor upon seeing the glass lift up in a golden aura. His mind was back to racing a hundred miles an hour.

'How is it lifting up! Where's the strings? Good, I'm going completely insane. That's nice, just perfect.' He yelled internally.

He continued to stare, probably to the point where it was almost creepy. He broke his gaze and grabbed the bag of ice.

"No...problem...uh, how are you doing that?" He asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. "How is it just...floating there?"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett's jaw hit the floor upon seeing the glass lift up in a golden aura. His mind was back to racing a hundred miles an hour.

'How is it lifting up! Where's the strings? Good, I'm going completely insane. That's nice, just perfect.' He yelled internally.

He continued to stare, probably to the point where it was almost creepy. He broke his gaze and grabbed the bag of ice.

"No...problem...uh, how are you doing that?" He asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. "How is it just...floating there?"

"Huh?" Golden Melody said, surprised about the question "I'm levitating it of course, with my magic." it was then she realized something "Wait..are you saying humans don't have magic?" now was her turn to be confused "If that's the case...who controls the weather? the sun? the moon?" 

Magic? Rhett could hardly believe it, but then again, he was talking to a...well, a talking Unicorn. So he just decided to go with it.

"Well, I guess that's cool." 

Back to her other question, he didn't know why she brought up the solar system and the like.

"Well, yeah. Human's don't have magic, except for magicians, but that's just smoke and mirrors. Fake magic, if you will." He paused. "Then weather does it's own thing, and no one controls the sun or moon. We're just...here, in a sense." 

Like it was on queue, he saw the rain start falling down outside. He smiled, since he hasn't seen it in months. The Middle East usually never got any, plus it was nice to look at.

"So, yeah, we don't have magic, but speaking of things, I wanted to ask you. What's up with the blindfold?" He pointed out the cloth over the pony's eyes.

1 minute ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Magic? Rhett could hardly believe it, but then again, he was talking to a...well, a talking Unicorn. So he just decided to go with it.

"Well, I guess that's cool." 

Back to her other question, he didn't know why she brought up the solar system and the like.

"Well, yeah. Human's don't have magic, except for magicians, but that's just smoke and mirrors. Fake magic, if you will." He paused. "Then weather does it's own thing, and no one controls the sun or moon. We're just...here, in a sense." 

Like it was on queue, he saw the rain start falling down outside. He smiled, since he hasn't seen it in months. The Middle East usually never got any, plus it was nice to look at.

"So, yeah, we don't have magic, but speaking of things, I wanted to ask you. What's up with the blindfold?" He pointed out the cloth over the pony's eyes.

Golden Melody got only more confused, uncontrolled weather she could understand, since Everfree forest too had its own weather, but sun and moon going on their own? How was that even possible? "No one?" her voice mirrored her confusion, but then something clicked, was this a different world altogether? If it was, that would mean that the magic from earlier...it was a portal, and there would be a chance she could get back home. 

She broke out of her thoughts again when the human asked about the blindfold, "Oh this?" she pointed at the blindfold, not knowing that the human already pointed at it "It's just something I like to wear, it helps me to focus and makes me feel more comfortable." she then quickly added "And before you ask, I'm blind."

Rhett gave a small frown,"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

He then nodded,"Yeah, no one here has magic. It's just a myth, but there are some people who say it can be found in special potions brewed up by witch doctors. Dark magic, but I think it's just fake news."

He picked up the bag of ice,"Alright, let's start on those bruises. You have one on your front foreleg and a couple on your side, so I'll lay this bag of ice on your leg first, then I'll put some pain reliever on it. If you are in pain that is, but if not, I'll get some pillows and elevate it above your heart. It'll help with the blood flow." 

(edited)
8 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett gave a small frown,"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

He then nodded,"Yeah, no one here has magic. It's just a myth, but there are some people who say it can be found in special potions brewed up by witch doctors. Dark magic, but I think it's just fake news."

He picked up the bag of ice,"Alright, let's start on those bruises. You have one on your front foreleg and a couple on your side, so I'll lay this bag of ice on your leg first, then I'll put some pain reliever on it. If you are in pain that is, but if not, I'll get some pillows and elevate it above your heart. It'll help with the blood flow." 

Golden Melody was going to tell the human to not pity her but decided against it for now, there was nothing wrong in apologizing, "It's aright."

Dark magic? Melody thought to herself, wasn't that great, but it would make sense if humans were really unfriedly creatures like this one said, after all, it gets its power from anger, hate and other such things. She didn't say anything about the subject, she just nodded to tell she had understood. 

"Aright" Melody said after the human told what he was going to do, it sounded like he knew what he was doing, "And no need pain relievers, they don't hurt that much." she then moved her foreleg closer to the human so his job would be easier.

She then remembered that she had forgot to ask something "um....what should I call you?" "I mean...do humans have names? or do I just call you human?" 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Rhett slowly put the bag of ice onto her leg, holding it there. When he heard her ask for his name, he smiled.

"Rhett Bishop." He lifted the ice to check the injury. "I was just about to ask the same thing."

He then grabbed a pillow from behind him and put it under her leg, setting the ice back down on it.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett slowly put the bag of ice onto her leg, holding it there. When he heard her ask for his name, he smiled.

"Rhett Bishop." He lifted the ice to check the injury. "I was just about to ask the same thing."

He then grabbed a pillow from behind him and put it under her leg, setting the ice back down on it.

Golden Melody flinched a bit when she felt the cold on her leg, but didn't move other than that, "Rhett Bishop" she repeated, that sounded like a weird name, but then again, she wasn't in Equestria, maybe her name was the weird one here. "and my name?" she had told it earlier, but she figured that Rhett had missed it in all the weirdess of the situation, "My name is Golden Melody, but ponies usually just call me Melody."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Rhett smiled,"Well, it's nice to meet you Melody. I just wished it was under...better circumstances." 

As weird as the situation still was for him, he couldn't help but be the nice guy he was. No matter the person or thing, he would try to be as nice as possible. After a little bit, he took the ice off of Melody's leg and looked at the others on her side.

"Hmm, looks like your leg was the only one that needed treatment. They should fade away in a days time, give or take." He sat up and went into the kitchen, disposing of the melting ice. He then came back into the living room and sat back down on the couch, rubbing a hand over his face.

"You know, I never thought I would be sitting next to a multi-colored pony who could talk." He then quickly added in,"No offense, of course."

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett smiled,"Well, it's nice to meet you Melody. I just wished it was under...better circumstances." 

As weird as the situation still was for him, he couldn't help but be the nice guy he was. No matter the person or thing, he would try to be as nice as possible. After a little bit, he took the ice off of Melody's leg and looked at the others on her side.

"Hmm, looks like your leg was the only one that needed treatment. They should fade away in a days time, give or take." He sat up and went into the kitchen, disposing of the melting ice. He then came back into the living room and sat back down on the couch, rubbing a hand over his face.

"You know, I never thought I would be sitting next to a multi-colored pony who could talk." He then quickly added in,"No offense, of course."

"It's....nice to meet you too." Golden Melody said, "And yeah, I wish it was too." she sighed, she was already missing her home, she hoped that she was right about the portal, that she could find it and go back home. 

She again just nodded to Rhett talking about the bruises, she trusted his opinion, after all, he was the one with sight. 

"Non taken, I never thought I would end up trapped in a magicless world habited by giants walking on two legs either." there was a clearly faked positive tone on her voice. "no, I just wanted to have a normal life...."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Rhett gave a light chuckle,"Fair enough."

He sat in silence for a minute or two after the comment her comment about a normal life. He didn't know how to answer it, seeing as he had no idea where to even begin. Was this pony still real? I mean, he felt her fur when he was doing the ice thing, so he wasn't dreaming. Was he crazy? PTSD wasn't completely ruled out yet, but then again, he didn't really know if it caused hallucinations.

"So..." he started,"where are you from?" Then he remembered Melody already told him. "Oh, I mean, what's it like where you're from. Equestria, if I'm not mistaken, right?"

He grabbed his can of soda and took a few sips of it.

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett gave a light chuckle,"Fair enough."

He sat in silence for a minute or two after the comment her comment about a normal life. He didn't know how to answer it, seeing as he had no idea where to even begin. Was this pony still real? I mean, he felt her fur when he was doing the ice thing, so he wasn't dreaming. Was he crazy? PTSD wasn't completely ruled out yet, but then again, he didn't really know if it caused hallucinations.

"So..." he started,"where are you from?" Then he remembered Melody already told him. "Oh, I mean, what's it like where you're from. Equestria, if I'm not mistaken, right?"

He grabbed his can of soda and took a few sips of it.

Golden Melody thought for a second, she wasn't sure what to tell "It's.....peaceful" "Any time something threathens the harmony, Princess Twilight and her friends take care of it." "Weather is controlled by pegasus, and the Princesses keep day and night moving." "And unlike here, there's magic everywhere, it controls everything." "I lived in a town called Ponyville, like I said, and I have my own house there." she became visibly sad again, homesickness had taken over "And...and..." she put the now empty glass down "...And almost everypony there is super friendly..and...." she barely managed to stop herself from breaking to tears again "Sorry...." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Rhett frowned at the sight. She must have really missed where she was from. He decided it would be best to move off the topic, for Melody's sake.

"Hey, it's alright. I know how you feel." He consoled. "You don't have to talk about it if it upsets you, I understand completely."

Fact was, he did know how she felt, even if it wasn't the same. He spent a few months in a country across the globe that wanted nothing to do with him, so this was almost the same.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett frowned at the sight. She must have really missed where she was from. He decided it would be best to move off the topic, for Melody's sake.

"Hey, it's alright. I know how you feel." He consoled. "You don't have to talk about it if it upsets you, I understand completely."

Fact was, he did know how she felt, even if it wasn't the same. He spent a few months in a country across the globe that wanted nothing to do with him, so this was almost the same.

Golden Melody wasn't sure if Rhett really had gone through something similar, or if he just said it in attemt to make her feel better, but she didn't want to be disrecpectful, so she didn't ask about it. 

"I just..." she was quiet for a moment "What if I never make it back?" she took off her blindfold in case she couldn't hold it in, and then she looked at Rhett with her sightless, hopeless eyes "What if I never meet my family or friends again?" 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

As Melody stared at him with her empty eyes, Rhett felt like the weight of the world fell on his shoulders. He was never good with trying to make someone feel better. The things he said before were just something he thought up on the fly, even though it was true. He had to think of something, and not muck it up.

"Well, I can't say you will." His voice was filled with sadness. "However, you are here. You need to do everything in your power to live, and if God allows, find a way home. Don't put your needs behind others, even if they're your family. What matters right now, is you."

Well, in all of his life, he's never said that good of a pep-talk, even if it was just thought up on the dime. 

"If you feel like you need to cry, go ahead. I can't say you will get home, but I can say as long as you try, you can live."

3 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

As Melody stared at him with her empty eyes, Rhett felt like the weight of the world fell on his shoulders. He was never good with trying to make someone feel better. The things he said before were just something he thought up on the fly, even though it was true. He had to think of something, and not muck it up.

"Well, I can't say you will." His voice was filled with sadness. "However, you are here. You need to do everything in your power to live, and if God allows, find a way home. Don't put your needs behind others, even if they're your family. What matters right now, is you."

Well, in all of his life, he's never said that good of a pep-talk, even if it was just thought up on the dime. 

"If you feel like you need to cry, go ahead. I can't say you will get home, but I can say as long as you try, you can live."

Melody dropped her eyes towards the ground, she didn't know what she was expecting, but this wasn't what she wanted to hear, though it was what she needed to hear, as it was the truth. She didn't know who God was, but she knew she had to focus on surviving in this new world, no matter if she was going to be there a day, or forever. 

She jumped down from the couch "I...I need some fresh air." she then headed towards the door, carrying her blindfold with her magic. When at the door, she put the blindfold on the floor, opened the door, and walked few steps into the rain. 

Then Melody started singing, her voice was unbelievably beautiful, and it fit well with the sad tone of the song. As she sang, her emotions took over, and she broke to tears again, wishing on Celestia's name that she would get home someday if she couldn't find the portal after the rain ended.

(The lyrics are something similar to Lullaby for Princess, but more fitting to the situation) 

Rhett watched as she walked out the door, and was about to tell her to close the door at least, but she was already gone. He gave a loud sigh and leaned back on the couch, closing his eyes. Why did he really even try. It was bound to happen anyway, and now he would probably never see her again. Maybe she was just a figment of his imagination, something to get him to see that not everything was just killing.

He was about to go to sleep when he heard something outside. As he listened closer, he realized it was singing. He stood up and walked to the front door, and he looked outside to still see Melody just singing her heart out. It was very beautiful, almost rivaling that of his mother. He smiled, leaning against the doorway, a few droplets landing on his face every now and then.

He loved music, anything heavy really, but he didn't mind a slow romantic song every now and again. Though this wasn't about romance, it was still as beautiful as one. He got a strange feeling to sing as well, but he had no idea what to sing along with to the song. Then, he got an idea.

He quickly went over to the doorway of the living room and grabbed his acoustic guitar from its stand and went back to the doorway.

The tone and the speed she was singing at reminded him of a specific song. He started strumming away, being very talented at playing.

(The song he is playing is the acoustic part from Broken by Seether)

6 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett watched as she walked out the door, and was about to tell her to close the door at least, but she was already gone. He gave a loud sigh and leaned back on the couch, closing his eyes. Why did he really even try. It was bound to happen anyway, and now he would probably never see her again. Maybe she was just a figment of his imagination, something to get him to see that not everything was just killing.

He was about to go to sleep when he heard something outside. As he listened closer, he realized it was singing. He stood up and walked to the front door, and he looked outside to still see Melody just singing her heart out. It was very beautiful, almost rivaling that of his mother. He smiled, leaning against the doorway, a few droplets landing on his face every now and then.

He loved music, anything heavy really, but he didn't mind a slow romantic song every now and again. Though this wasn't about romance, it was still as beautiful as one. He got a strange feeling to sing as well, but he had no idea what to sing along with to the song. Then, he got an idea.

He quickly went over to the doorway of the living room and grabbed his acoustic guitar from its stand and went back to the doorway.

The tone and the speed she was singing at reminded him of a specific song. He started strumming away, being very talented at playing.

(The song he is playing is the acoustic part from Broken by Seether)

Golden Melody almost stopped singing when she heard the guitar playing, but when she realized where it was coming from, she fixed her tone and speed to fit it almost perfectly and continued singing. 

She didn't stop for a while, she even ended up repeating some of the verses to sing longer, but when she did finally stop singing, her mind had clear from most of the worries, sure she was still worried she would never get home, but the worry wasn't controlling her thoughts anymore. She turned towards the door "Thank you."

Rhett nodded,"You're welcome. I figured you just needed to get it all out, one way or another. I'm just glad it was in tune, it would have killed the moment if it wasn't, yeah?"

He then stood up,"Why don't you come back in, you could catch a cold. I have some towels you can dry yourself off with." He motioned for her, but remembered Melody was blind. He would have to get used to that.

10 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett nodded,"You're welcome. I figured you just needed to get it all out, one way or another. I'm just glad it was in tune, it would have killed the moment if it wasn't, yeah?"

He then stood up,"Why don't you come back in, you could catch a cold. I have some towels you can dry yourself off with." He motioned for her, but remembered Melody was blind. He would have to get used to that.

Golden Melody let out her first chuckle "It really would have wouldn't it." and for Rhett asking her to come inside she nodded and then walked back in, drying what she could with her magic, waiting for the towel. 

Melody picked up her blindfold "I hope I'm not being a burden."

Rhett walked to the small closet at the end of the hall after putting his guitar back up, grabbing one of the many towels stacked up. He closed the door and went back to Melody, hoping she would grab it with he magic. He would admit, it was pretty cool to watch.

"Nah, of course you aren't. Been a while since I really connected with anyone, without trying to drag them out of the line of fire." He laughed. "Here's the towel, and try not to track water everywhere. These wooden floors cost a fortune, you know."

3 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett walked to the small closet at the end of the hall after putting his guitar back up, grabbing one of the many towels stacked up. He closed the door and went back to Melody, hoping she would grab it with he magic. He would admit, it was pretty cool to watch.

"Nah, of course you aren't. Been a while since I really connected with anyone, without trying to drag them out of the line of fire." He laughed. "Here's the towel, and try not to track water everywhere. These wooden floors cost a fortune, you know."

"Do they now?" Melody asked curiously as she grapped the towel with her magic and started drying herself with it, "Back home they are rather cheap." she was quiet for a moment "But what do you mean by the line of fire?" she could guess it was probably something bad since humans needed to be dragged out of it, but because she didn't know what guns were, or any weapons besides spears and such really, she wasn't familiar with terms like line of fire. 

Rhett gave a small wince, realizing Melody must not know about the horrors of war. He wanted to try and find the right way to tell her, and since she seemed so innocent on that sort of stuff, he didn't think she would take it well.

"Uh...well, you see..." he started, but couldn't find the right words. "Do you really want to know? It's not a...nice subject."

As he waited for her response, he couldn't help but notice a mark on her...flank as she was still drying off. It was odd, but then again, the whole situation was odd. He decided to wait for now, she didn't seem to want to go anywhere...not yet at least.

8 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett gave a small wince, realizing Melody must not know about the horrors of war. He wanted to try and find the right way to tell her, and since she seemed so innocent on that sort of stuff, he didn't think she would take it well.

"Uh...well, you see..." he started, but couldn't find the right words. "Do you really want to know? It's not a...nice subject."

As he waited for her response, he couldn't help but notice a mark on her...flank as she was still drying off. It was odd, but then again, the whole situation was odd. He decided to wait for now, she didn't seem to want to go anywhere...not yet at least.

"I don't know" Melody admitted "I can tell it's probably something terrible, and thus don't really want to know." she finished drying up and folded the towel neatly on her back "But at the same time I'm curious, I want to know what kind of world this is......" she kept a short pause "....in case it will be my new home." she put the blindfold back on. 

(edited)

Rhett sighed,"Alright then. Let's have a seat on the couch, and I'll fill you in on our world a little."

He led Melody back into the living room and sat on the sofa.

"So," he started,"by line of fire, I mean pulling someone out of an exploded Humvee, who had their entire lower body torn to shreds by the I.E.D, about twenty feet behind the sand dune, where the rest of the rest of the guys were." His tone was sad, if not almost guilty. "We also had about two dozen Taliban shooting at us too, so that didn't help.

"The kid was fresh out of training, ready to kill anyone who threatened his country." He chuckled, but then went back to a sad tone,"I just wished I was faster."

He rubbed a hand over his face, reliving the events as if they had happened moments ago.

Edited by Yuu Xeno