Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Far From Home (1x1 with Yuu Xeno)

Catpone Cerberus

16 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett sighed,"Alright then. Let's have a seat on the couch, and I'll fill you in on our world a little."

He led Melody back into the living room and sat on the sofa.

"So," he started,"by line of fire, I mean pulling someone out of an exploded Humvee, who had their entire lower body torn to shreds by the I.E.D, about twenty feet behind the sand dune, where the rest of the rest of the guys were." His tone was sad, if not almost guilty. "We also had about two dozen Taliban shooting at us too, so that didn't help.

"The kid was fresh out of training, ready to kill anyone who threatened his country." He chuckled, but then went back to a sad tone,"I just wished I was faster."

He rubbed a hand over his face, reliving the events as if they had happened moments ago.

Golden Melody felt sick, there was some unnecessary details in Rhett's explanation, but she did get her answer "That's......horrible." she didn't understand nearly everything what Rhett said, but she got the point, and 'stared' at the ground quietly, stopping herself from throwing up.

She regreted that she asked in the first place, but she felt that it would have came up in some point eventually, besides she was a full grown mate, she needed to be able to handle some ugly truths. "A-And th-this is normal?"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shrugged,"Kinda. Not where we are now, so you don't have to worry."

He leaned back,"See, I'm in, or was in, the military of this country, which is called America, by the way. The United States of America, to be proper. A country across the globe, called Afghanistan, picked a fight with us. So, we retaliated and soldiers were sent across the sea to fight them." He explained. "Our allies joined in as well, but they attacked us in specific."

He thought about what to say next."Since you don't know much about this place, and you are...not desensitized to this stuff, it won't be pretty."

"Anyways, wars have happening for centuries. Before Christ was born, people were fighting then too. It was over stupid things, such as land and money, but people still died. It's not all bad, since the last major war before this one was about seventy years ago. We've developed many things since then, such as phones, the internet, and stuff. The country that we're fighting as of now aren't as advanced as us in the technological tree."

27 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

He shrugged,"Kinda. Not where we are now, so you don't have to worry."

He leaned back,"See, I'm in, or was in, the military of this country, which is called America, by the way. The United States of America, to be proper. A country across the globe, called Afghanistan, picked a fight with us. So, we retaliated and soldiers were sent across the sea to fight them." He explained. "Our allies joined in as well, but they attacked us in specific."

He thought about what to say next."Since you don't know much about this place, and you are...not desensitized to this stuff, it won't be pretty."

"Anyways, wars have happening for centuries. Before Christ was born, people were fighting then too. It was over stupid things, such as land and money, but people still died. It's not all bad, since the last major war before this one was about seventy years ago. We've developed many things since then, such as phones, the internet, and stuff. The country that we're fighting as of now aren't as advanced as us in the technological tree."

Again there was a lot Golden Melody didn't really understand, like Christ, across the globe, or internet, but she got the picture, "So, in short, humans don't get along......and kill each other." she wasn't sure how to feel, and it was clear from her unsure expression, "I dont like this world."

"Neither do I, but hey, it's the world I live in. Humans may seem violent and greedy, but hey, look at me. If anyone else would have found you, you would probably be in Area 51 right now."

He got up, deciding that that was enough for Melody's heart,"Why don't we do something that's more...enjoyable? I think I may have gotten carried away, I'm sorry."

Just now, Yuu Xeno said:

"Neither do I, but hey, it's the world I live in. Humans may seem violent and greedy, but hey, look at me. If anyone else would have found you, you would probably be in Area 51 right now."

He got up, deciding that that was enough for Melody's heart,"Why don't we do something that's more...enjoyable? I think I may have gotten carried away, I'm sorry."

Area 51, Melody didn't even want to think what that could be, "Gladly." She said, staying on the couch still, "Were you thinking something?" she was open for suggestions, and really  anything to get her mind off from what she just learned sounded good. "Because I don't really have any ideas."

"How about..." Rhett though for a few moments,"we do some song writing?"

He pumped a fist in the air,"Yeah, I've been meaning to write some more material, and now I've go the perfect opportunity. I'll start by writing down some chords and such, and you could sing whatever over them. I mean, I have some lyrics on hand, but they're kinda...not suited for your voice." He rubbed the back of his neck. "The guitars aren't meant for the type of singing you do either, but I think I can manage."

Then he rubbed his chin,"Or, just for fun, we could do a cover of some songs. It's up to you though, we don't have too."

36 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

"How about..." Rhett though for a few moments,"we do some song writing?"

He pumped a fist in the air,"Yeah, I've been meaning to write some more material, and now I've go the perfect opportunity. I'll start by writing down some chords and such, and you could sing whatever over them. I mean, I have some lyrics on hand, but they're kinda...not suited for your voice." He rubbed the back of his neck. "The guitars aren't meant for the type of singing you do either, but I think I can manage."

Then he rubbed his chin,"Or, just for fun, we could do a cover of some songs. It's up to you though, we don't have too."

Singing sounded like fun to Melody, it being her talent and passion, but she really wasn't one for creating songs, "I'm not really a pony for writing songs, my talent is more the singing part." she sounded almost sorry "But the second choice sounds like fun." "I just need to hear the song and I'm good to go." she jumped down from the couch and streched a little. 

Rhett nodded,"Alright then. Onwards, to the recording room!"

He walked onto the back patio, which had glass walls and roof. There was a smaller room to the right, which was the room he played and made music in. He opened the door and walked inside, flicking on the light. Inside, there was a desk with all the recording software, amps and pedals. All along the sides of the room were dozens of guitars, ranging from six string electrics to five string basses. There was also a microphone in the corner with its own amp, and everything ran into the main software on his computer.

"Ah, feels good to be back in here." He sighed. "So, the microphone is in the left corner of the room. Just turn on the amp and you're good to go. I'll pick out a guitar and we can start."

He started browsing his 'babies', as he called them, and picked out a seven string Ibanez. He sat down on the chair and plugged it into the amp, along with turning on the computer and the programs.

6 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett nodded,"Alright then. Onwards, to the recording room!"

He walked onto the back patio, which had glass walls and roof. There was a smaller room to the right, which was the room he played and made music in. He opened the door and walked inside, flicking on the light. Inside, there was a desk with all the recording software, amps and pedals. All along the sides of the room were dozens of guitars, ranging from six string electrics to five string basses. There was also a microphone in the corner with its own amp, and everything ran into the main software on his computer.

"Ah, feels good to be back in here." He sighed. "So, the microphone is in the left corner of the room. Just turn on the amp and you're good to go. I'll pick out a guitar and we can start."

He started browsing his 'babies', as he called them, and picked out a seven string Ibanez. He sat down on the chair and plugged it into the amp, along with turning on the computer and the programs.

Golden Melody followed Rhett through the house, memorizing everything she could around her, and when they arrived in the room, she was surprised by the ammount of guitars. "You have a lot of guitars." She said as she walked to the microphone and after little observing turned the amp on. 

She then picked up the microphone with her magic, it was bigger than microphone's in Equestria, but microphone nontheless. She tested the volume by singing few notes. (like this https://youtu.be/FxW4j5vKRmg) (but with more beautiful voice) 

On 5/18/2018 at 7:48 AM, Pvt. Cerberus said:

Golden Melody followed Rhett through the house, memorizing everything she could around her, and when they arrived in the room, she was surprised by the ammount of guitars. "You have a lot of guitars." She said as she walked to the microphone and after little observing turned the amp on. 

She then picked up the microphone with her magic, it was bigger than microphone's in Equestria, but microphone nontheless. She tested the volume by singing few notes. (like this https://youtu.be/FxW4j5vKRmg) (but with more beautiful voice) 

Rhett plucked a few strings of the guitar, making sure it was in tune, then pulled up a few songs he thought would be nice. Out of the three, he picked this(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHhFrdnT44), and pulled up the lyric video.

"Alright, now this song has...harsher vocals than what you may be used too, but if you watch this video, you could just sing it entirely clean." He suggested. "It's up to you, but who knows, there may be some untold talents in your voice."

He full-screened it and started the video.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett plucked a few strings of the guitar, making sure it was in tune, then pulled up a few songs he thought would be nice. Out of the three, he picked this(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHhFrdnT44), and pulled up the lyric video.

"Alright, now this song has...harsher vocals than what you may be used too, but if you watch this video, you could just sing it entirely clean." He suggested. "It's up to you, but who knows, there may be some untold talents in your voice."

He full-screened it and started the video.

Golden Melody was going to point out that she can't exactly watch anything, but decided not after coming to conclusion that it would be unnecessary. 

After precisely listening the whole song, Melody went through the lyrics in her head before replying "I....can give it a try." it was everything Melody had never even thought about trying, but her talent was singing, and she felt that it could stay true even with something like this.

Not waiting for Rhett to answer or start playing, Golden Melody took a deeb breath and started singing. She managed rather easily to keep her speed  and tone accurate to the original, but somehow she managed to do it without changing her voice much from the beautiful voice from earlier, creating unusual, if not impossible sounding combination of heavy song sang with a voice you would hear in a slow emotional songs. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

(edited)
1 hour ago, Pvt. Cerberus said:

Golden Melody was going to point out that she can't exactly watch anything, but decided not after coming to conclusion that it would be unnecessary. 

After precisely listening the whole song, Melody went through the lyrics in her head before replying "I....can give it a try." it was everything Melody had never even thought about trying, but her talent was singing, and she felt that it could stay true even with something like this.

Not waiting for Rhett to answer or start playing, Golden Melody took a deeb breath and started singing. She managed rather easily to keep her speed  and tone accurate to the original, but somehow she managed to do it without changing her voice much from the beautiful voice from earlier, creating unusual, if not impossible sounding combination of heavy song sang with a voice you would hear in a slow emotional songs. 

Rhett was...amazed, to say at the least. He was expecting it, of course, but it was just on a whole different level of greatness. 

He smiled,"Wow, now that's something. You could easily top anyone who tried to take your title of 'Most amazing female singer'." He gave a chuckle,"Now, since you've proved yourself, allow me show you why I love guitars."

Not a second later, Rhett began playing the same song by heart, not even having the video playing. It was one of his favorites, so he knew it top to bottom. He could play the entire song deaf even. As the more heavy parts came in, he would bob his head to the beat, not even caring that Melody was right there, granted she was blind.

Edited by Yuu Xeno

36 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett was...amazed, to say at the least. He was expecting it, of course, but it was just on a whole different level of greatness. 

He smiled,"Wow, now that's something. You could easily top anyone who tried to take your title of 'Most amazing female singer'." He gave a chuckle,"Now, since you've proved yourself, allow me show you why I love guitars."

Not a second later, Rhett began playing the same song by heart, not even having the video playing. It was one of his favorites, so he knew it top to bottom. He could play the entire song deaf even. As the more heavy parts came in, he would bob his head to the beat, not even caring that Melody was right there, granted she was blind.

Golden Melody blushed a little bit from Rhett's praise, she was used to singing in front of others, but never had got used to getting praised by someone face to face, "Well...it is my talent." She replied quietly, not sure if Rhett heard since he continued right away. 

Melody listened as Rhett played the guitar and quietly sang along the music to adjust her timing to be even better, she could tell that Rhett was moving his head, but didn't think much about it. 

2 minutes ago, Pvt. Cerberus said:

Golden Melody blushed a little bit from Rhett's praise, she was used to singing in front of others, but never had got used to getting praised by someone face to face, "Well...it is my talent." She replied quietly, not sure if Rhett heard since he continued right away. 

Melody listened as Rhett played the guitar and quietly sang along the music to adjust her timing to be even better, she could tell that Rhett was moving his head, but didn't think much about it. 

After what felt like hours, Rhett turned off the computer and the amp. 

"Ah, well, that was fun, but I am super tired right now. I'm going to head to bed, but feel free to explore around the house a bit." He put up his guitar and yawned. "I'll probably only be a few hours, and it's only eleven." He glanced to his watch. 

He walked out of the room and turned back to Melody,"Just so you know, if you need to go into my room while I'm asleep, don't go snooping around in my closet. No offense, but I have some things in there that may or may not hurt you, if they're handled wrong of course."

He was talking about his gun-safe, and even though it was locked, he still felt better if no-one went messing with it.

20 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

After what felt like hours, Rhett turned off the computer and the amp. 

"Ah, well, that was fun, but I am super tired right now. I'm going to head to bed, but feel free to explore around the house a bit." He put up his guitar and yawned. "I'll probably only be a few hours, and it's only eleven." He glanced to his watch. 

He walked out of the room and turned back to Melody,"Just so you know, if you need to go into my room while I'm asleep, don't go snooping around in my closet. No offense, but I have some things in there that may or may not hurt you, if they're handled wrong of course."

He was talking about his gun-safe, and even though it was locked, he still felt better if no-one went messing with it.

"Aright, goodnight." Melody simply replied, she wasn't going to snoop around anywhere, partly because it would be rude, and partly because all the stress from all that had happened had tired her out too, so she was going to rest a bit too, not that she really wanted to know what was in the closet anyway, hay, it was probably something terrible. 

After Rhett had gone, Melody too left the room, going into the living room as quietly as possible with hoofs on wooden floor, and jumped on the couch. She closed her eyes but couldn't fall asleep because the thought of not getting home was still haunting her mind, and to get the thought out of her head, she started quietly singing to herself, "Hush now quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head......" https://youtu.be/j_38An75_gM

15 minutes ago, Pvt. Cerberus said:

"Aright, goodnight." Melody simply replied, she wasn't going to snoop around anywhere, partly because it would be rude, and partly because all the stress from all that had happened had tired her out too, so she was going to rest a bit too, not that she really wanted to know what was in the closet anyway, hay, it was probably something terrible. 

After Rhett had gone, Melody too left the room, going into the living room as quietly as possible with hoofs on wooden floor, and jumped on the couch. She closed her eyes but couldn't fall asleep because the thought of not getting home was still haunting her mind, and to get the thought out of her head, she started quietly singing to herself, "Hush now quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head......" https://youtu.be/j_38An75_gM

Rhett entered his room and flopped onto his bed, immediately closing his eyes to try and sleep. He thought of Melody for a moment, and his mind began to wonder.

'I wonder if she'll still be here once I wake up?' He thought to himself. 'I mean, this is all still so weird and crazy, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it all was just my mind.'

Soon though, he fell into a deep sleep. He started dreaming about life was back over in Afghanistan, the horror of it all.

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett entered his room and flopped onto his bed, immediately closing his eyes to try and sleep. He thought of Melody for a moment, and his mind began to wonder.

'I wonder if she'll still be here once I wake up?' He thought to himself. 'I mean, this is all still so weird and crazy, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it all was just my mind.'

Soon though, he fell into a deep sleep. He started dreaming about life was back over in Afghanistan, the horror of it all.

After a while, Melody too fell asleep, and her dream wasn't necessary pleasant, but it wasn't a nightmare either. It was a recreation of the past day, but after she had ended up in the human forest, there was details that made her aware that it was a dream.

After realizing that, Melody started calling out for Luna, in hope that she would show up. But nopony came, and for rest of the dream, Melody just walked around shouting Luna's name, becoming more and more hopeless as the dream went on. 

Whenever Rhett was going to wake up, he would be able to find Melody calmy sleeping on the couch, quietly repeating, almost too quietly to be heard, "Princess Luna" again and again. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

4 minutes ago, Pvt. Cerberus said:

After a while, Melody too fell asleep, and her dream wasn't necessary pleasant, but it wasn't a nightmare either. It was a recreation of the past day, but after she had ended up in the human forest, there was details that made her aware that it was a dream.

After realizing that, Melody started calling out Luna, in hope that she would show up. But nopony came, and for rest of the dream, Melody just walked around shouting Luna's name, becoming more and more hopeless as the dream went on. 

Whenever Rhett was going to wake up, he would be able to find Melody calmy sleeping on the couch, quietly repeating, almost too quietly to be heard, "Luna" again and again. 

After sleeping for a while, Rhett woke up with full energy. He got up from his bed and went into the living room and saw Melody still there, sleeping on the couch. If he was being honest, she was quite adorable to look at. Not in a creepy way, but just in a 'adorable sleeper' way. He smiled and sat down beside her, rubbing a hand over his face. After a few seconds, he could faintly hear her mumbling something under her breath. He raised a brow and leaned in closer, making out the word 'Luna'.

He wasn't sure what it meant, but judging by how she was saying it, it must be someone she was looking for.

"I know how you feel, sister." He sighed.

He adjusted his posture a little, and felt something under him. He reached under his leg to find the remote.

"So that's where that went." He smiled.

He sat it down on the coffee table, not wanting to wake Melody, and leaned his head back and closed his eyes. He was just resting them, mainly because there was nothing else to do at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

After sleeping for a while, Rhett woke up with full energy. He got up from his bed and went into the living room and saw Melody still there, sleeping on the couch. If he was being honest, she was quite adorable to look at. Not in a creepy way, but just in a 'adorable sleeper' way. He smiled and sat down beside her, rubbing a hand over his face. After a few seconds, he could faintly hear her mumbling something under her breath. He raised a brow and leaned in closer, making out the word 'Luna'.

He wasn't sure what it meant, but judging by how she was saying it, it must be someone she was looking for.

"I know how you feel, sister." He sighed.

He adjusted his posture a little, and felt something under him. He reached under his leg to find the remote.

"So that's where that went." He smiled.

He sat it down on the coffee table, not wanting to wake Melody, and leaned his head back and closed his eyes. He was just resting them, mainly because there was nothing else to do at the moment.

Melody changed her sleeping pose a little bit as a reaction to Rhett sitting down on the couch, but she didn't wake up, and her repeats continued. 

Nothing special really happened after that, Melody's mumbling kept going, and she changed her posture now and then, causing her mane to go into a mess, and probably hitting Rhett few times by accident, him being next to her, but other than that, she kept sleeping peacefully. 

On 5/21/2018 at 4:13 PM, Pvt. Cerberus said:

Melody changed her sleeping pose a little bit as a reaction to Rhett sitting down on the couch, but she didn't wake up, and her repeats continued. 

Nothing special really happened after that, Melody's mumbling kept going, and she changed her posture now and then, causing her mane to go into a mess, and probably hitting Rhett few times by accident, him being next to her, but other than that, she kept sleeping peacefully. 

As she continued to sleep, Rhett became a little concerned. He didn't think Melody was having a nightmare, but the word she kept saying was a little worrying. He didn't know whether or not to wake her up, as both options weren't really the best choice. After thinking for a little bit, he decided it would be best for her to wake up. He put a hand on her foreleg and shook it a little.

"Melody." He said quietly. "Wake up."

25 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

As she continued to sleep, Rhett became a little concerned. He didn't think Melody was having a nightmare, but the word she kept saying was a little worrying. He didn't know whether or not to wake her up, as both options weren't really the best choice. After thinking for a little bit, he decided it would be best for her to wake up. He put a hand on her foreleg and shook it a little.

"Melody." He said quietly. "Wake up."

Melody rised her head "huh? What?" "Oh, how long did I sleep?" "Is It morning already?" she sat up yawning, her mane was an adorable mess of purple hair, and after realizing what a mess it was, she started trying to fix it with her magic, clearly struggling without a brush. 

On 5/24/2018 at 1:55 PM, Pvt. Cerberus said:

Melody rised her head "huh? What?" "Oh, how long did I sleep?" "Is It morning already?" she sat up yawning, her mane was an adorable mess of purple hair, and after realizing what a mess it was, she started trying to fix it with her magic, clearly struggling without a brush. 

Rhett chuckled,"Yeah, almost." He glanced down to his watch, seeing it was a little past five in the morning. "I'll make some breakfast, yeah?"

He held his tongue on her sleep talking, for now at least. He was quite curious as to who Luna was, he'd admit. Standing up, he went into the kitchen and took out two bowls and a jug of milk.

3 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett chuckled,"Yeah, almost." He glanced down to his watch, seeing it was a little past five in the morning. "I'll make some breakfast, yeah?"

He held his tongue on her sleep talking, for now at least. He was quite curious as to who Luna was, he'd admit. Standing up, he went into the kitchen and took out two bowls and a jug of milk.

"Aright" Melody replied tiredly, giving up on the mane for now, leaving it to a quite mess still. After few moments of sitting quietly, She jumped down from the couch and made her way to the kitchen "Do you have something I could use to brush my mane?" 

6 hours ago, Pvt. Cerberus said:

"Aright" Melody replied tiredly, giving up on the mane for now, leaving it to a quite mess still. After few moments of sitting quietly, She jumped down from the couch and made her way to the kitchen "Do you have something I could use to brush my mane?" 

"There's a bathroom in my room, should have a brush somewhere in there." Rhett said, taking out a bag of Coco Puffs. As he continued his masterpiece, he felt an odd feeling wash over him. It felt...unnatural, as if something was touching his mind, in a sense. Whatever it was, though, disappeared as fast as it came. He blinked a few times, trying to figure out what just happened.

He shook it off as just some random feeling, and went back to making his bowl of cereal.

6 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

"There's a bathroom in my room, should have a brush somewhere in there." Rhett said, taking out a bag of Coco Puffs. As he continued his masterpiece, he felt an odd feeling wash over him. It felt...unnatural, as if something was touching his mind, in a sense. Whatever it was, though, disappeared as fast as it came. He blinked a few times, trying to figure out what just happened.

He shook it off as just some random feeling, and went back to making his bowl of cereal.

"Aright" Melody simply replied again, before trotting towards Rhett's room, she hadn't been there before, but she knew where it was because she listened Rhett walking there last evening. 

She went straight to the bathroom, and eventually managed to find the brush, but when she started brushing her mane, she remembered what Rhett had said about the closet and got curious, maybe just a peek, no, that would be wrong, or would it? she wouldn't touch anything....she thought about it as she kept brushing.