Pvt. Cerberus

Private Far From Home (1x1 with Yuu Xeno)

16 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett sighed,"Alright then. Let's have a seat on the couch, and I'll fill you in on our world a little."

He led Melody back into the living room and sat on the sofa.

"So," he started,"by line of fire, I mean pulling someone out of an exploded Humvee, who had their entire lower body torn to shreds by the I.E.D, about twenty feet behind the sand dune, where the rest of the rest of the guys were." His tone was sad, if not almost guilty. "We also had about two dozen Taliban shooting at us too, so that didn't help.

"The kid was fresh out of training, ready to kill anyone who threatened his country." He chuckled, but then went back to a sad tone,"I just wished I was faster."

He rubbed a hand over his face, reliving the events as if they had happened moments ago.

Golden Melody felt sick, there was some unnecessary details in Rhett's explanation, but she did get her answer "That's......horrible." she didn't understand nearly everything what Rhett said, but she got the point, and 'stared' at the ground quietly, stopping herself from throwing up.

She regreted that she asked in the first place, but she felt that it would have came up in some point eventually, besides she was a full grown mate, she needed to be able to handle some ugly truths. "A-And th-this is normal?"

He shrugged,"Kinda. Not where we are now, so you don't have to worry."

He leaned back,"See, I'm in, or was in, the military of this country, which is called America, by the way. The United States of America, to be proper. A country across the globe, called Afghanistan, picked a fight with us. So, we retaliated and soldiers were sent across the sea to fight them." He explained. "Our allies joined in as well, but they attacked us in specific."

He thought about what to say next."Since you don't know much about this place, and you are...not desensitized to this stuff, it won't be pretty."

"Anyways, wars have happening for centuries. Before Christ was born, people were fighting then too. It was over stupid things, such as land and money, but people still died. It's not all bad, since the last major war before this one was about seventy years ago. We've developed many things since then, such as phones, the internet, and stuff. The country that we're fighting as of now aren't as advanced as us in the technological tree."

27 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

He shrugged,"Kinda. Not where we are now, so you don't have to worry."

He leaned back,"See, I'm in, or was in, the military of this country, which is called America, by the way. The United States of America, to be proper. A country across the globe, called Afghanistan, picked a fight with us. So, we retaliated and soldiers were sent across the sea to fight them." He explained. "Our allies joined in as well, but they attacked us in specific."

He thought about what to say next."Since you don't know much about this place, and you are...not desensitized to this stuff, it won't be pretty."

"Anyways, wars have happening for centuries. Before Christ was born, people were fighting then too. It was over stupid things, such as land and money, but people still died. It's not all bad, since the last major war before this one was about seventy years ago. We've developed many things since then, such as phones, the internet, and stuff. The country that we're fighting as of now aren't as advanced as us in the technological tree."

Again there was a lot Golden Melody didn't really understand, like Christ, across the globe, or internet, but she got the picture, "So, in short, humans don't get along......and kill each other." she wasn't sure how to feel, and it was clear from her unsure expression, "I dont like this world."

"Neither do I, but hey, it's the world I live in. Humans may seem violent and greedy, but hey, look at me. If anyone else would have found you, you would probably be in Area 51 right now."

He got up, deciding that that was enough for Melody's heart,"Why don't we do something that's more...enjoyable? I think I may have gotten carried away, I'm sorry."

Just now, Yuu Xeno said:

"Neither do I, but hey, it's the world I live in. Humans may seem violent and greedy, but hey, look at me. If anyone else would have found you, you would probably be in Area 51 right now."

He got up, deciding that that was enough for Melody's heart,"Why don't we do something that's more...enjoyable? I think I may have gotten carried away, I'm sorry."

Area 51, Melody didn't even want to think what that could be, "Gladly." She said, staying on the couch still, "Were you thinking something?" she was open for suggestions, and really  anything to get her mind off from what she just learned sounded good. "Because I don't really have any ideas."

"How about..." Rhett though for a few moments,"we do some song writing?"

He pumped a fist in the air,"Yeah, I've been meaning to write some more material, and now I've go the perfect opportunity. I'll start by writing down some chords and such, and you could sing whatever over them. I mean, I have some lyrics on hand, but they're kinda...not suited for your voice." He rubbed the back of his neck. "The guitars aren't meant for the type of singing you do either, but I think I can manage."

Then he rubbed his chin,"Or, just for fun, we could do a cover of some songs. It's up to you though, we don't have too."

36 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

"How about..." Rhett though for a few moments,"we do some song writing?"

He pumped a fist in the air,"Yeah, I've been meaning to write some more material, and now I've go the perfect opportunity. I'll start by writing down some chords and such, and you could sing whatever over them. I mean, I have some lyrics on hand, but they're kinda...not suited for your voice." He rubbed the back of his neck. "The guitars aren't meant for the type of singing you do either, but I think I can manage."

Then he rubbed his chin,"Or, just for fun, we could do a cover of some songs. It's up to you though, we don't have too."

Singing sounded like fun to Melody, it being her talent and passion, but she really wasn't one for creating songs, "I'm not really a pony for writing songs, my talent is more the singing part." she sounded almost sorry "But the second choice sounds like fun." "I just need to hear the song and I'm good to go." she jumped down from the couch and streched a little. 

Rhett nodded,"Alright then. Onwards, to the recording room!"

He walked onto the back patio, which had glass walls and roof. There was a smaller room to the right, which was the room he played and made music in. He opened the door and walked inside, flicking on the light. Inside, there was a desk with all the recording software, amps and pedals. All along the sides of the room were dozens of guitars, ranging from six string electrics to five string basses. There was also a microphone in the corner with its own amp, and everything ran into the main software on his computer.

"Ah, feels good to be back in here." He sighed. "So, the microphone is in the left corner of the room. Just turn on the amp and you're good to go. I'll pick out a guitar and we can start."

He started browsing his 'babies', as he called them, and picked out a seven string Ibanez. He sat down on the chair and plugged it into the amp, along with turning on the computer and the programs.

6 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett nodded,"Alright then. Onwards, to the recording room!"

He walked onto the back patio, which had glass walls and roof. There was a smaller room to the right, which was the room he played and made music in. He opened the door and walked inside, flicking on the light. Inside, there was a desk with all the recording software, amps and pedals. All along the sides of the room were dozens of guitars, ranging from six string electrics to five string basses. There was also a microphone in the corner with its own amp, and everything ran into the main software on his computer.

"Ah, feels good to be back in here." He sighed. "So, the microphone is in the left corner of the room. Just turn on the amp and you're good to go. I'll pick out a guitar and we can start."

He started browsing his 'babies', as he called them, and picked out a seven string Ibanez. He sat down on the chair and plugged it into the amp, along with turning on the computer and the programs.

Golden Melody followed Rhett through the house, memorizing everything she could around her, and when they arrived in the room, she was surprised by the ammount of guitars. "You have a lot of guitars." She said as she walked to the microphone and after little observing turned the amp on. 

She then picked up the microphone with her magic, it was bigger than microphone's in Equestria, but microphone nontheless. She tested the volume by singing few notes. (like this https://youtu.be/FxW4j5vKRmg) (but with more beautiful voice)