Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Far From Home (1x1 with Yuu Xeno)

Catpone Cerberus

On 5/27/2018 at 5:40 AM, Pvt. Cerberus said:

"Aright" Melody simply replied again, before trotting towards Rhett's room, she hadn't been there before, but she knew where it was because she listened Rhett walking there last evening. 

She went straight to the bathroom, and eventually managed to find the brush, but when she started brushing her mane, she remembered what Rhett had said about the closet and got curious, maybe just a peek, no, that would be wrong, or would it? she wouldn't touch anything....she thought about it as she kept brushing. 

Rhett finished up his bowl, and started working on Melody's. He didn't expect her to go snooping around, seeing as it was common courtesy. He's been having a problem with that recently, and he realized how nice it was not to be surrounded by idiots, for lack of a nicer word.

He shrugged and continued working on the food.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett finished up his bowl, and started working on Melody's. He didn't expect her to go snooping around, seeing as it was common courtesy. He's been having a problem with that recently, and he realized how nice it was not to be surrounded by idiots, for lack of a nicer word.

He shrugged and continued working on the food.

Melody shook her head, no, she shouldn't go snooping around, especially when Rhett was so nice, it would just be wrong. She finished brushing her mane, it wasn't perfect, but it was best she could do, and as she exited the bathroom, she stopped for a moment to get her surroundings, she would have lied if she would have said she wasn't curious about the closet, but....something broke her thoughts, a knock on the door, it sounded like it had been done by....someone with hooves? Another pony maybe? Could it be? Melody started listening, waiting for Rhett to answer the door. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, Totally Cerberus said:

Melody shook her head, no, she shouldn't go snooping around, especially when Rhett was so nice, it would just be wrong. She finished brushing her mane, it wasn't perfect, but it was best she could do, and as she exited the bathroom, she stopped for a moment to get her surroundings, she would have lied if she would have said she wasn't curious about the closet, but....something broke her thoughts, a knock on the door, it sounded like it had been done by....someone with hooves? Another pony maybe? Could it be? Melody started listening, waiting for Rhett to answer the door. 

Rhett heard the knock on the door, causing him to let out a small sigh. Just his luck to have even more company on the day he wanted to spend alone, but sometimes even the simplest things can be messed up. He sat down the food and went over to the door.

"This day can't get any weirder." He groaned.

He grabbed the door handle and swung the door open, seeing something that made him regret his choice of words not seconds earlier. He breathed in heavily, closing his eyes.

'Thanks God, love you bro' He sarcastically thought to himself.

1 hour ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett heard the knock on the door, causing him to let out a small sigh. Just his luck to have even more company on the day he wanted to spend alone, but sometimes even the simplest things can be messed up. He sat down the food and went over to the door.

"This day can't get any weirder." He groaned.

He grabbed the door handle and swung the door open, seeing something that made him regret his choice of words not seconds earlier. He breathed in heavily, closing his eyes.

'Thanks God, love you bro' He sarcastically thought to himself.

Outside the door was another pony, a dark grey pegasus with blonde mane and tail, his eyes were different color each, and on his flank was a picture of some kind of mask. The pegasus took few steps back when the door swung open, but he didn't seem scared, surprised yes, but not scared "Good morning...mister?" "Name's Gleaming Grin and I was wondering if you could help me to locate where I am." Melody had now sneaked out of the room and was now listening the conversation from closer, trying to stay unseen for now, she could tell from the  rather ominous name that he was most likely a pony, but she wasn't yet sure what kind of pony. Gleaming continued without giving Rhett time to reply, "I don't even know what planet this is to be honest." he constantly had a slight grin on his face, but it didn't seem intentional as it didn't fit his serious, almost formal speaking tone.

17 hours ago, Totally Cerberus said:

Outside the door was another pony, a dark grey pegasus with blonde mane and tail, his eyes were different color each, and on his flank was a picture of some kind of mask. The pegasus took few steps back when the door swung open, but he didn't seem scared, surprised yes, but not scared "Good morning...mister?" "Name's Gleaming Grin and I was wondering if you could help me to locate where I am." Melody had now sneaked out of the room and was now listening the conversation from closer, trying to stay unseen for now, she could tell from the  rather ominous name that he was most likely a pony, but she wasn't yet sure what kind of pony. Gleaming continued without giving Rhett time to reply, "I don't even know what planet this is to be honest." he constantly had a slight grin on his face, but it didn't seem intentional as it didn't fit his serious, almost formal speaking tone.

Rhett made a confused look, but quickly hid it behind a straight face. He didn't think Melody was even a real thing at first, but now there was another pony just like her at his doorstep. This pony seemed a lot more...intuitive, in a sense. Just by looking at the pony and judging by its voice, he figured it was a male. He had a bigger and more muscular build than Melody, and by the way he put together his words, he appeared as just another lost soul.

With a slight glance outside behind Gleaming Grin, as he introduced, Rhett sigh. "Well, I'm not even sure if I'm on my own planet anymore, but I guess we all gotta start somewhere. You're on a planet called Earth." 

As much as he wanted to kick both of the ponies off his property, he didn't have it in him to do it. So, he'd make due for now, and hope he didn't go insane in the process.

2 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett made a confused look, but quickly hid it behind a straight face. He didn't think Melody was even a real thing at first, but now there was another pony just like her at his doorstep. This pony seemed a lot more...intuitive, in a sense. Just by looking at the pony and judging by its voice, he figured it was a male. He had a bigger and more muscular build than Melody, and by the way he put together his words, he appeared as just another lost soul.

With a slight glance outside behind Gleaming Grin, as he introduced, Rhett sigh. "Well, I'm not even sure if I'm on my own planet anymore, but I guess we all gotta start somewhere. You're on a planet called Earth." 

As much as he wanted to kick both of the ponies off his property, he didn't have it in him to do it. So, he'd make due for now, and hope he didn't go insane in the process.

Gleaming tilted his head curiously at Rhett's comment before replying thoughtfully "Earth..." "That doesn't sound anything I have ever heard before, you don't happen to know if there's place called Equestria anywhere near?" Before Rhett could answer, Melody walked to the door too now that she was sure that Gleaming was a pony, and Gleaming looked utterly surprised "He doesn't, and there isn't magic in this world either." Melody spoke with careful but matter-of-fact-ish tone, something felt...wrong with this new arrival, but she wasn't sure what it was, "My name is Golden Melody, I got stuck here yesterday." 

3 minutes ago, Totally Cerberus said:

Gleaming tilted his head curiously at Rhett's comment before replying thoughtfully "Earth..." "That doesn't sound anything I have ever heard before, you don't happen to know if there's place called Equestria anywhere near?" Before Rhett could answer, Melody walked to the door too now that she was sure that Gleaming was a pony, and Gleaming looked utterly surprised "He doesn't, and there isn't magic in this world either." Melody spoke with careful but matter-of-fact-ish tone, something felt...wrong with this new arrival, but she wasn't sure what it was, "My name is Golden Melody, I got stuck here yesterday." 

Rhett pointed a thumb at Melody, "What she said."

Then he looked up to the sky, seeing it was clearing up a bit. Despite the break in the rain, it would surely start up again here soon. He pondered for a moment to decide if he should invite Gleaming in, seeing as he was in the same boat as Melody and all. Out of his good nature, he decided yes.

"Well, the rain will start again here soon, and it isn't gonna be nice to stay out in. Why don't you come on in? I was just making some food if you wanted any." He smiled, standing off to the side for Gleaming to come in if he so chose to.

8 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett pointed a thumb at Melody, "What she said."

Then he looked up to the sky, seeing it was clearing up a bit. Despite the break in the rain, it would surely start up again here soon. He pondered for a moment to decide if he should invite Gleaming in, seeing as he was in the same boat as Melody and all. Out of his good nature, he decided yes.

"Well, the rain will start again here soon, and it isn't gonna be nice to stay out in. Why don't you come on in? I was just making some food if you wanted any." He smiled, standing off to the side for Gleaming to come in if he so chose to.

Gleaming nodded to Melody's introduction, most likely unaware of her blindness, though he was seemingly curious about her. When Rhett invited Gleaming in, he looked at him and did a thankful bow before walking in, "Thank you." "And no need, I ate just before ending up here." he looked around for a bit "Oh, I almost forgot, what do I call you?" he looked at Rhett 

On 7/11/2018 at 3:28 AM, Totally Cerberus said:

Gleaming nodded to Melody's introduction, most likely unaware of her blindness, though he was seemingly curious about her. When Rhett invited Gleaming in, he looked at him and did a thankful bow before walking in, "Thank you." "And no need, I ate just before ending up here." he looked around for a bit "Oh, I almost forgot, what do I call you?" he looked at Rhett 

Rhett moved aside, letting Gleaming have some space to move. 

"Race, Human. Name, Rhett." He sighed, wondering if it would become routine.

He closed the door and went into the living room, plopping on the couch face first. 

"Why me, God? Why me of all people?" He mumbled.

(edited)

Rhett moved aside, letting Gleaming have some space to move. 

"Race, Human. Name, Rhett." He sighed, wondering if it would become routine.

He closed the door and went into the living room, plopping on the couch face first. 

"Why me, God? Why me of all people?" He mumbled.

"Rhett" Gleaming repeated "It's nice to meet you." he then watched curiously as Rhett walked in a room in the left and from sound of it fell on something soft and mumbled something, meanwhile Melody didn't think much about it since he had done the same thing when she had arrived, and she just assumed it was something humans did. Gleaming walked in the living room to see what was going on, but before he could say anything, Melody who had followed him spoke with hint of hope in her voice "Um..Gleaming, did you happen to see anything that would indicate a way back?" Gleaming turned towards Melody and shook his head "Unfortunately no, the portal seems to be a one-way only." "But I saw the Royal Guard coming towards it so I assume that princesses are going to contain and study it." Melody became visibly hopeful, but Gleaming continued "But that doesn't mean we will necessary get back anytime soon, if ever, after all, they probably don't know that we are here, and I doubt they will be sending anypony here to investigate before they find reliable way back". Melody's hopefulness disappeared, Gleaming was right. 

Edited by Totally Cerberus

1 hour ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Rhett" Gleaming repeated "It's nice to meet you." he then watched curiously as Rhett walked in a room in the left and from sound of it fell on something soft and mumbled something, meanwhile Melody didn't think much about it since he had done the same thing when she had arrived, and she just assumed it was something humans did. Gleaming walked in the living room to see what was going on, but before he could say anything, Melody who had followed him spoke with hint of hope in her voice "Um..Gleaming, did you happen to see anything that would indicate a way back?" Gleaming turned towards Melody and shook his head "Unfortunately no, the portal seems to be a one-way only." "But I saw the Royal Guard coming towards it so I assume that princesses are going to contain and study it." Melody became visibly hopeful, but Gleaming continued "But that doesn't mean we will necessary get back anytime soon, if ever, after all, they probably don't know that we are here, and I doubt they will be sending anypony here to investigate before they find reliable way back". Melody's hopefulness disappeared, Gleaming was right. 

Rhett listened to the ponies' conversation, still face down on the couch. The more he listened, the more questions he had. 

'Royal Guard? Princesses? There's no way they're from the United Kingdom.' He thought. 'What are they even talking about with the portals? Oh, magic...right...'

Suddenly, he found himself short in oxygen from the sofa, so he picked up his head and got his breath back together. Once he was good again, he simply sat back and stared blankly at the black TV screen, letting his mind wander.

Rhett listened to the ponies' conversation, still face down on the couch. The more he listened, the more questions he had. 

'Royal Guard? Princesses? There's no way they're from the United Kingdom.' He thought. 'What are they even talking about with the portals? Oh, magic...right...'

Suddenly, he found himself short in oxygen from the sofa, so he picked up his head and got his breath back together. Once he was good again, he simply sat back and stared blankly at the black TV screen, letting his mind wander.

Melody sighed, "I wish you weren't right." she sat on the ground and looked down at the floor, "I just want to go home." she noticed Rhett getting up and just sitting there but didn't have time to react to it before she felt a wing wrapping around her, Gleaming had sat next to her and put his wing around her. Gleaming whispered something to Melody, after which her eyes raised back up from the floor "You're right...I need to focus on the positives.". Gleaming then folded his wing back in but stayed next to Melody as he out of nowhere started a conversation "How did you end up here anyways?" "I knew the risk when I entered the portal but you don't seem like somepony who would be as stupid" Melody simply sighed "I sensed the portal and walked too close, it sucked me in."...

Just now, Totally Cerberus said:

Melody sighed, "I wish you weren't right." she sat on the ground and looked down at the floor, "I just want to go home." she noticed Rhett getting up and just sitting there but didn't have time to react to it before she felt a wing wrapping around her, Gleaming had sat next to her and put his wing around her. Gleaming whispered something to Melody, after which her eyes raised back up from the floor "You're right...I need to focus on the positives.". Gleaming then folded his wing back in but stayed next to Melody as he out of nowhere started a conversation "How did you end up here anyways?" "I knew the risk when I entered the portal but you don't seem like somepony who would be as stupid" Melody simply sighed "I sensed the portal and walked too close, it sucked me in."...

Rhett attention was back to full when he picked up on a faint whispering. Even though he couldn't make it out, he could hear it a lot more clearly than the average man. He was trained like that, and it did have it's perks from time to time.

Deciding he had moped around long enough, he stood up and walked into the kitchen, paying no mind to the ponies. He grabbed his bowl of cereal, but realized it had become to soggy for his liking. As he dumped the bowl in the garbage, he glanced to Melody and Gleaming. He opened his mouth to say something, but just grunted softly and put the empty bowl into the sink, as well as Melody's, who he hoped didn't mind.

21 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett attention was back to full when he picked up on a faint whispering. Even though he couldn't make it out, he could hear it a lot more clearly than the average man. He was trained like that, and it did have it's perks from time to time.

Deciding he had moped around long enough, he stood up and walked into the kitchen, paying no mind to the ponies. He grabbed his bowl of cereal, but realized it had become to soggy for his liking. As he dumped the bowl in the garbage, he glanced to Melody and Gleaming. He opened his mouth to say something, but just grunted softly and put the empty bowl into the sink, as well as Melody's, who he hoped didn't mind.

Melody stopped her explanation as she realized something "Wait, knew the risk?" "You came here on purpose?" "In a way yes, I was curious about where the portal would lead and...well, I ended up here" "Oh, I guess that makes sense." Melody was quiet for a moment before continuing carefully "I don't want to be rude but....what's with your name? it's...unusual" Gleaming chuckled a bit with wide grin on his face, his eyes met Rhett's as he happened to look what he was doing just as Rhett glanced at them, but he then turned back towards Melody "You're not first one to ask that, it's simple really." "You see, there's something wrong with my facial muscles and it causes me to constantly grin" Melody looked surprised, but couldn't say anything because Gleaming continued "And it just happens that my cutiemark fits my name too."

1 minute ago, Totally Cerberus said:

Melody stopped her explanation as she realized something "Wait, knew the risk?" "You came here on purpose?" "In a way yes, I was curious about where the portal would lead and...well, I ended up here" "Oh, I guess that makes sense." Melody was quiet for a moment before continuing carefully "I don't want to be rude but....what's with your name? it's...unusual" Gleaming chuckled a bit with wide grin on his face, his eyes met Rhett's as he happened to look what he was doing just as Rhett glanced at them, but he then turned back towards Melody "You're not first one to ask that, it's simple really." "You see, there's something wrong with my facial muscles and it causes me to constantly grin" Melody looked surprised, but couldn't say anything because Gleaming continued "And it just happens that my cutiemark fits my name too."

'Hm, so that explains that.' Rhett thought as he ran some water over the dirty bowls, thinking he would fix up another batch. He noticed Gleaming's grin before, he just really didn't think much of it. Who knew ponies could have messed up face muscles, right?

He went to start making some more cereal, looking at his watch and seeing it was a little past eleven. Breakfast for lunch wouldn't be that bad, by his standards.

"Hey, I'm gonna make some more cereal since the others got ruined. It'll be done in a minute, Mel." He then looked back to Melody. "Sorry, is it alright if I call you that?"

20 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

'Hm, so that explains that.' Rhett thought as he ran some water over the dirty bowls, thinking he would fix up another batch. He noticed Gleaming's grin before, he just really didn't think much of it. Who knew ponies could have messed up face muscles, right?

He went to start making some more cereal, looking at his watch and seeing it was a little past eleven. Breakfast for lunch wouldn't be that bad, by his standards.

"Hey, I'm gonna make some more cereal since the others got ruined. It'll be done in a minute, Mel." He then looked back to Melody. "Sorry, is it alright if I call you that?"

Melody opened her mouth to say something to Gleaming, but before she could make a sound, she heard Rhett's speaking, and Melody nodded "Aright." She had totally forgotten the whole cereal,  "And sure, I don't mind." she hadn't really had a nickname before, but she didn't see anything wrong in Rhett calling her Mel, even if it did sound weird to her since she wasn't used to it. 

2 hours ago, Totally Cerberus said:

Melody opened her mouth to say something to Gleaming, but before she could make a sound, she heard Rhett's speaking, and Melody nodded "Aright." She had totally forgotten the whole cereal,  "And sure, I don't mind." she hadn't really had a nickname before, but she didn't see anything wrong in Rhett calling her Mel, even if it did sound weird to her since she wasn't used to it. 

Rhett nodded and put the lid back on the milk, which he now realized he had left out earlier as well. It wasn't ruined, but it wasn't as cold as it would be had he put it in the fridge.

"How am I forgetting simple things?" He muttered to himself.

He put everything back up and grabbed both bowls, then came back over to Melody and Gleaming.

"Hey, feel free to sit down on the couch or something. You ain't got to just stand there, you know?" He said with a smile. "Also, here's your cereal, Mel." He handed the bowl over, hoping she'd take it with her magic

Honestly, he wanted to see her use it again. It was gnawing at his brain to understand how and why it was working.

5 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett nodded and put the lid back on the milk, which he now realized he had left out earlier as well. It wasn't ruined, but it wasn't as cold as it would be had he put it in the fridge.

"How am I forgetting simple things?" He muttered to himself.

He put everything back up and grabbed both bowls, then came back over to Melody and Gleaming.

"Hey, feel free to sit down on the couch or something. You ain't got to just stand there, you know?" He said with a smile. "Also, here's your cereal, Mel." He handed the bowl over, hoping she'd take it with her magic

Honestly, he wanted to see her use it again. It was gnawing at his brain to understand how and why it was working.

Like Rhett hoped, Melody grabbed the bowl with her magic as she got up from sitting smiling "Thank you Rhett." and headed to the couch and climbed on it. Gleaming followed Melody with his eyes curiously as she moved on the couch, after which he followed her, and instead of glimbing, he jumped on the couch with a smooth jump and sat down, leaving reasonable gap between him and Melody. 

While Melody ate her cereal, Gleaming looked around him and then towards Rhett "I noticed your reaction when I arrived, so am I right to assume that we are something.... unusual to this world?" 

3 hours ago, Totally Cerberus said:

Like Rhett hoped, Melody grabbed the bowl with her magic as she got up from sitting smiling "Thank you Rhett." and headed to the couch and climbed on it. Gleaming followed Melody with his eyes curiously as she moved on the couch, after which he followed her, and instead of glimbing, he jumped on the couch with a smooth jump and sat down, leaving reasonable gap between him and Melody. 

While Melody ate her cereal, Gleaming looked around him and then towards Rhett "I noticed your reaction when I arrived, so am I right to assume that we are something.... unusual to this world?" 

Rhett simply stood in the doorway to the living room, looking out the large window at the rain, which had started up again not too long ago.

"Yeah, but unusual is an understatement." He chuckled. "As I told Mel yesterday, you two aren't necessarily...supposed to exist. Speaking of which, I literally just noticed you have wings. That makes you a...pegasus, right?"

5 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett simply stood in the doorway to the living room, looking out the large window at the rain, which had started up again not too long ago.

"Yeah, but unusual is an understatement." He chuckled. "As I told Mel yesterday, you two aren't necessarily...supposed to exist. Speaking of which, I literally just noticed you have wings. That makes you a...pegasus, right?"

"I can see that being the case, after all, we are magical creatures while this is a magicless world." Gleaming said thoughtfully "And yes, I am indeed a pegasus." "How did you know? Has Melody told you about the pony-races or do you have something similar in this world?"

42 minutes ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"I can see that being the case, after all, we are magical creatures while this is a magicless world." Gleaming said thoughtfully "And yes, I am indeed a pegasus." "How did you know? Has Melody told you about the pony-races or do you have something similar in this world?"

Rhett nodded, "Yeah, you two are myths from the Greek culture. Unicorns are things for children's stories, and Pegasi are from Greek mythology. As much as i really don't want to know, for my head may explode, are there any other ponies besides you two, or..." He glanced down to the small table beside him, eyes meeting a small picture frame.

27 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett nodded, "Yeah, you two are myths from the Greek culture. Unicorns are things for children's stories, and Pegasi are from Greek mythology. As much as i really don't want to know, for my head may explode, are there any other ponies besides you two, or..." He glanced down to the small table beside him, eyes meeting a small picture frame.

Melody stopped eating for a while she listened what Rhett said, We are myths in this world? Just stories? she continued eating, but the thought of her being fantasy for this world haunted her mind. Gleaming looked slightly surprised "That's quite interesting, I have never before really thought about the possibility that I could be a fictional creature for someone" "And is there more of us?" "In this world, I don't know, it may be that somepony else has came through the portal, or other portals if there is any, but it could also be that we are the only ones." "But in general, yes, we come from world full of ponies."

Just now, Totally Cerberus said:

Melody stopped eating for a while she listened what Rhett said, We are myths in this world? Just stories? she continued eating, but the thought of her being fantasy for this world haunted her mind. Gleaming looked slightly surprised "That's quite interesting, I have never before really thought about the possibility that I could be a fictional creature for someone" "And is there more of us?" "In this world, I don't know, it may be that somepony else has came through the portal, or other portals if there is any, but it could also be that we are the only ones." "But in general, yes, we come from world full of ponies."

Rhett gave a small hum of understanding, still looking at the picture frame. Feelings were starting to boil up inside of him, a mixture of hatred, regret and others he didn't know. His face was blank, eyes not even blinking. That combined with these new arrivals was eating away at his sanity. 

38 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett gave a small hum of understanding, still looking at the picture frame. Feelings were starting to boil up inside of him, a mixture of hatred, regret and others he didn't know. His face was blank, eyes not even blinking. That combined with these new arrivals was eating away at his sanity. 

Gleaming noticed Rhett's....blankness and could tell it had something to do with the picture he was staring at, he turned his eyes towards the picture to see what it was, there was a single human in the picture, the person didn't look like Rhett so Gleaming figured it was either his friend or family member. He raised his eyes back towards Rhett "Is he somebody important to you, or well, I assume it's he, since I don't really know what human females look like." Melody's ears pricked up curiously, she didn't know what Gleaming was talking about since she couldn't see anything, but she assumed there was a picture or something. Gleaming's words made Melody think, how did human males and females differ, and most importantly, would she be able to tell the difference without hearing their voice, assuming it was different between them.

2 minutes ago, Totally Cerberus said:

Gleaming noticed Rhett's....blankness and could tell it had something to do with the picture he was staring at, he turned his eyes towards the picture to see what it was, there was a single human in the picture, the person didn't look like Rhett so Gleaming figured it was either his friend or family member. He raised his eyes back towards Rhett "Is he somebody important to you, or well, I assume it's he, since I don't really know what human females look like." Melody's ears pricked up curiously, she didn't know what Gleaming was talking about since she couldn't see anything, but she assumed there was a picture or something. Gleaming's words made Melody think, how did human males and females differ, and most importantly, would she be able to tell the difference without hearing their voice, assuming it was different between them.

Rhett snapped out of his trance at the sound of Gleaming's voice. 

He gave a slight cough, looking to him. "Sorry, I do that sometimes." He then looked back to the photo,"Yeah, he's my partner...or, was my partner a few years ago. Wonder how the guy's doing after all this time."

With a wave of his hands, he laughed. "Ah, look at me. Getting all emotional over a dude. That's not manly at all." 

He walked over to the couch and sat down in between the two, laying his head on the back of the sofa and closed his eyes.