Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Far From Home (1x1 with Yuu Xeno)

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett snapped out of his trance at the sound of Gleaming's voice. 

He gave a slight cough, looking to him. "Sorry, I do that sometimes." He then looked back to the photo,"Yeah, he's my partner...or, was my partner a few years ago. Wonder how the guy's doing after all this time."

With a wave of his hands, he laughed. "Ah, look at me. Getting all emotional over a dude. That's not manly at all." 

He walked over to the couch and sat down in between the two, laying his head on the back of the sofa and closed his eyes.

"Nothing wrong with that." Melody commented to Rhett's explanation as she felt him sitting on the couch and Gleaming nodded in agreement before asking, "What kind of partner?" "My first guess would be work-partner, but in that case it would be weird for you to have his picture, since you specifically called him partner and not a friend." "Though then again, your world operates differently to what I'm used to."

Edited by Totally Cerberus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Nothing wrong with that." Melody commented to Rhett's explanation as she felt him sitting on the couch and Gleaming nodded in agreement before asking, "What kind of partner?" "My first guess would be work-partner, but in that case it would be weird for you to have his picture, since you specifically called him partner and not a friend." "Though then again, your world operates differently to what I'm used to."

Rhett opened one eye at Gleaming. 

"He was my spotter when we were in the military together. We were basically brothers, you know? He'd risk his neck to save me, and I would do the same."

He closed his eye again, "When he got discharged, I took that picture of him and kept it with me since my last tour. Been here ever since."

6 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett opened one eye at Gleaming. 

"He was my spotter when we were in the military together. We were basically brothers, you know? He'd risk his neck to save me, and I would do the same."

He closed his eye again, "When he got discharged, I took that picture of him and kept it with me since my last tour. Been here ever since."

"Ah, military, that explains it." Gleaming said oddly casually, he didn't seem surprised or concerned "And I know what you mean." Melody looked confused "You do?" "Yes, I know few guards, they feel the same way towards each other." Melody made a face of realization "I guess that makes sense, they probably need to be ready to something that bad happening regardless of how unlikely it is." 

15 hours ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Ah, military, that explains it." Gleaming said oddly casually, he didn't seem surprised or concerned "And I know what you mean." Melody looked confused "You do?" "Yes, I know few guards, they feel the same way towards each other." Melody made a face of realization "I guess that makes sense, they probably need to be ready to something that bad happening regardless of how unlikely it is." 

Rhett lifted his head and opened his eyes, "So, if I'm hearing this correctly, you guys have guards. As in, for a military or just for home?" He scratched his beard, 'If that's the case, what's the government like? I mean, I assume it's a Monarchy, but I've been wrong before."

5 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett lifted his head and opened his eyes, "So, if I'm hearing this correctly, you guys have guards. As in, for a military or just for home?" He scratched his beard, 'If that's the case, what's the government like? I mean, I assume it's a Monarchy, but I've been wrong before."

"Yes, we have a military, the royal guard"  Gleaming nodded "There is also crystal guard in Crystal empire" Melody joined in the conversation "But they don't really need to do much." Gleaming nodded again "That's true, they mostly focus on upholding the laws and taking care of small threats since there hasn't been a war for over a thousand years and bigger threats are dealt with by Elements of Harmony" "And for rulership, I'm not familiar with your terms, but most of the Equestria is under the rule of the royal sisters, Celestia and Luna, they also control the sun and the moon." "Then there is Crystal Empire which is ruled by the princess of love, Cadence, and lastly Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship, the leader of Elements of Harmony, she doesn't have land to rule. " Melody then joined in again "There is also the Dragons, yaks and changelings who all have their own land and rulership."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Yes, we have a military, the royal guard"  Gleaming nodded "There is also crystal guard in Crystal empire" Melody joined in the conversation "But they don't really need to do much." Gleaming nodded again "That's true, they mostly focus on upholding the laws and taking care of small threats since there hasn't been a war for over a thousand years and bigger threats are dealt with by Elements of Harmony" "And for rulership, I'm not familiar with your terms, but most of the Equestria is under the rule of the royal sisters, Celestia and Luna, they also control the sun and the moon." "Then there is Crystal Empire which is ruled by the princess of love, Cadence, and lastly Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship, the leader of Elements of Harmony, she doesn't have land to rule. " Melody then joined in again "There is also the Dragons, yaks and changelings who all have their own land and rulership."

Rhett lifted his head slowly, opening his eyes. He made a face that told he was deep in thought, but after a few moments he stood up and walked over to the wall. He stared at it and then slammed his head as hard as he could into it. Then again...and again...and once more. 

'This day just gets better and better!' He thought sarcastically. 'Eh, it beats having to crawl over one hundred degree sand with just your boxers.'

He then turned around with a large smile, "Alright, I'm just going to pretend I have a single notion about anything you're talking about!"

Edited by Yuu Xeno

16 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett lifted his head slowly, opening his eyes. He made a face that told he was deep in thought, but after a few moments he stood up and walked over to the wall. He stared at it and then slammed his head as hard as he could into it. Then again...and again...and once more. 

'This day just gets better and better!' He thought sarcastically. 'Eh, it beats having to crawl over one hundred degree sand with just your boxers.'

He then turned around with a large smile, "Alright, I'm just going to pretend I have a single notion about anything you're talking about!"

Both Gleaming and Melody turned their heads toward Rhett as he slammed his head to a wall, Melody didn't know for sure what exactly Rhett was doing, but by sensing how he was moving, she could guess he was slamming his head to something and looked almost shocked about it, while Gleaming was curious and almost amused looking, but when Rhett turned back towards them, Gleaming returned to his version of poker-face "Well, what didn't you understand? I can try to explain it better." 

Just now, Totally Cerberus said:

Both Gleaming and Melody turned their heads toward Rhett as he slammed his head to a wall, Melody didn't know for sure what exactly Rhett was doing, but by sensing how he was moving, she could guess he was slamming his head to something and looked almost shocked about it, while Gleaming was curious and almost amused looking, but when Rhett turned back towards them, Gleaming returned to his version of poker-face "Well, what didn't you understand? I can try to explain it better." 

Rhett shrugged, "Well for starters...everything! How in the world...actually, there's no need. I almost freaked out when Mel first showed me her magic, so all the things you just told me would surely make me go insane." With a heavy sigh and a hand running through his hair, he looked outside to see it had finally stopped raining. "Goody, it stopped pouring. I need to get a few more things out of my car. You guys can come out if you want, or just hang out here, since I need to do some yard work for a bit before dark." He turned to Gleaming, "As I told Melody, don't go into my room, please. Especially not my closet. There's some...stuff I'd rather not let anyone see."

14 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett shrugged, "Well for starters...everything! How in the world...actually, there's no need. I almost freaked out when Mel first showed me her magic, so all the things you just told me would surely make me go insane." With a heavy sigh and a hand running through his hair, he looked outside to see it had finally stopped raining. "Goody, it stopped pouring. I need to get a few more things out of my car. You guys can come out if you want, or just hang out here, since I need to do some yard work for a bit before dark." He turned to Gleaming, "As I told Melody, don't go into my room, please. Especially not my closet. There's some...stuff I'd rather not let anyone see."

"Oh, the magic" gleaming chuckled "I can understand why it would be hard for you to understand it."

"Understood, I try to avoid it going there." Gleaming got down from the couch and stretched, Melody too got down and walked next to Rhett, "I think I'll come with you, i need some fresh air." that and she wanted to know what car was. Gleaming looke up to Rhett "Can I look around the house if I avoid your room?" "To get to know where's what?"

Just now, Totally Cerberus said:

"Oh, the magic" gleaming chuckled "I can understand why it would be hard for you to understand it."

"Understood, I try to avoid it going there." Gleaming got down from the couch and stretched, Melody too got down and walked next to Rhett, "I think I'll come with you, i need some fresh air." that and she wanted to know what car was. Gleaming looke up to Rhett "Can I look around the house if I avoid your room?" "To get to know where's what?"

"Of course." Rhett nodded. "Just so you know, the second tile in the bathroom to the right of the doorway has a hole under it. Try to avoid stepping on it, save yourself an ankle."

With that, he led Melody outside and closed the door, leaving Gleaming with his own curiosity. He walked down the path to the driveway, pulling his keys out of his pocket. With a swift motion, he unlocked the trunk and grabbed a small bag and a toolkit, then looked around to see if there was anything else worth bringing inside.

3 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

"Of course." Rhett nodded. "Just so you know, the second tile in the bathroom to the right of the doorway has a hole under it. Try to avoid stepping on it, save yourself an ankle."

With that, he led Melody outside and closed the door, leaving Gleaming with his own curiosity. He walked down the path to the driveway, pulling his keys out of his pocket. With a swift motion, he unlocked the trunk and grabbed a small bag and a toolkit, then looked around to see if there was anything else worth bringing inside.

"Aright" Gleaming said as he started walking towards rest of the house, looking around curiously.

Melody followed next to the car and was both curious and confused what it was, it has wheels, that she could tell, but that was really all. She could tell that Rhett opened something from it and took stuff out of it, figuring that it was some kind of trunk since she didn't believe the whole thing was a storage thing. "So....what exactly is this car thing?" "I can tell it has wheels, so I take it's used to move something"

1 hour ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Aright" Gleaming said as he started walking towards rest of the house, looking around curiously.

Melody followed next to the car and was both curious and confused what it was, it has wheels, that she could tell, but that was really all. She could tell that Rhett opened something from it and took stuff out of it, figuring that it was some kind of trunk since she didn't believe the whole thing was a storage thing. "So....what exactly is this car thing?" "I can tell it has wheels, so I take it's used to move something"

Rhett looked to Melody, "Pretty much. It can move people and stuff, anything you can fit inside really." He closed the trunk and locked it, then proceeded towards his storage shed to the right of his car, taking one of the keys from the key ring and unlocked it.

"Come on in here, if you want. I'll only be a minute though." He called to her.

He then set the tool box on the table beside the door, along with the small bag. He looked around the room, trying to see if anything was out of place. He remembered before he left there was some group of kids who broke in and trashed the place. Nothing was broken or stolen, surprisingly, and since then he's boarded up the two windows on wither side and the glass on the door, just to keep some privacy.

37 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett looked to Melody, "Pretty much. It can move people and stuff, anything you can fit inside really." He closed the trunk and locked it, then proceeded towards his storage shed to the right of his car, taking one of the keys from the key ring and unlocked it.

"Come on in here, if you want. I'll only be a minute though." He called to her.

He then set the tool box on the table beside the door, along with the small bag. He looked around the room, trying to see if anything was out of place. He remembered before he left there was some group of kids who broke in and trashed the place. Nothing was broken or stolen, surprisingly, and since then he's boarded up the two windows on wither side and the glass on the door, just to keep some privacy.

Melody stood there for a few seconds trying to get a sense of the shape of the car, but it was too big to get a good sense of it's shape, so she walked after Rhett, paying attention to her surroundings to get a sense what and where everything was, she hadn't really focused around her when she first had came there so she hadn't done it before. She stayed behind Rhett when he entered the shed, it was partly because she didn't want to be on his way, but it was also because she was somewhat claustrophobic due how she perceived the world.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:06 AM, Totally Cerberus said:

Melody stood there for a few seconds trying to get a sense of the shape of the car, but it was too big to get a good sense of it's shape, so she walked after Rhett, paying attention to her surroundings to get a sense what and where everything was, she hadn't really focused around her when she first had came there so she hadn't done it before. She stayed behind Rhett when he entered the shed, it was partly because she didn't want to be on his way, but it was also because she was somewhat claustrophobic due how she perceived the world.

With a sigh of relief, he walked back out of the shed and waited for Melody to follow suit. 

"Alright, I was planning to work in my garden a bit. Since the rain made the ground soft, it should be easy to plant some more stuff." He told her. "Feel free to walk around or go back inside. I'm sure there's something to do here besides the internet." 

5 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

With a sigh of relief, he walked back out of the shed and waited for Melody to follow suit. 

"Alright, I was planning to work in my garden a bit. Since the rain made the ground soft, it should be easy to plant some more stuff." He told her. "Feel free to walk around or go back inside. I'm sure there's something to do here besides the internet." 

"Internet?" Melody repeated confused, she tilted her "Do I even want to know what that is?", it was legitimate question, she was curious what it was, but at the same time, now knowing what kind of creatures humans were, she worried that it was something she rather didn't know existed. 

52 minutes ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Internet?" Melody repeated confused, she tilted her "Do I even want to know what that is?", it was legitimate question, she was curious what it was, but at the same time, now knowing what kind of creatures humans were, she worried that it was something she rather didn't know existed. 

Rhett shrugged, "Depends. It's just a way for us Humans to talk with one another and share stuff from miles away." He wiped his brow, seeing as it has started becoming quite muggy. "It has it's share of bad stuff, but it's quite nice either way."

4 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett shrugged, "Depends. It's just a way for us Humans to talk with one another and share stuff from miles away." He wiped his brow, seeing as it has started becoming quite muggy. "It has it's share of bad stuff, but it's quite nice either way."

"Oh, that sounds actually pretty interesting." Melody admitted "Back home we only have mail...you know, letters and stuff."  "But it does make sense, you don't have magic so you rely on technology."

16 hours ago, Totally Cerberus said:

"Oh, that sounds actually pretty interesting." Melody admitted "Back home we only have mail...you know, letters and stuff."  "But it does make sense, you don't have magic so you rely on technology."

Rhett smiled, "Sure. I don't know how I'd deal with having to wait a few days for one reply by letter. It'd be...boring, at the very least."

He closed the door and made a list of what he needed to do. "Hey, are you able to just make a paper and pencil just...appear out of nowhere? I don't know how your magic works, and I'm still not used to it, but if you could, it would help out a lot." He suggested.

32 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Rhett smiled, "Sure. I don't know how I'd deal with having to wait a few days for one reply by letter. It'd be...boring, at the very least."

He closed the door and made a list of what he needed to do. "Hey, are you able to just make a paper and pencil just...appear out of nowhere? I don't know how your magic works, and I'm still not used to it, but if you could, it would help out a lot." He suggested.

"Well, if you want quick answer and can't go yourself, you can always hire a courier." Melody pointed out "That or teleport the letter if you can."

"Not unfortunately." Melody said shaking her head "I can't even teleport stuff, not to mention creating it."