Sondash Studios

What's your favorite song from the 2017 MLP movie?

What's your favorite song from the 2017 MLP movie?

It was hard for me, but then I decided that "Open up your eyes" is my favorite!

Rainbow by Sia, definitely. I cried for hours and hours after I heard it for the first time. It's moving and touching.

• Brohoof 2
  • yay 1

"One Small Thing" , definitely!  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Off To See The World :lol: it's such a shame they only play it in the credits tho :( 

• Brohoof 2

Definitely either Open Up Your Eyes or Off To See The World. Since Open Up Your Eyes was actually IN the movie and not the credits, I'll go with that. :) 

• Brohoof 2

I love them all so I'll just Rate them:

Ponies Got The Beat: 6/10 
We Got This Together: 8/10
I'm The Friend You Need: 8/10
Time To Be Awesome: 5/10
One Small Thing: 9/10

Open Up Your Eyes: 10/10 (Best Villian Song HANDS DOWN)
Rainbow: 10/10
Off To See The World: 9/10

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow, with Time to be Awesome as a close second.

• Brohoof 2

Posted (edited)

Rainbow is my top song

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with you. "Open up your eyes" surely is the best song in the movie (I always liked those touching, dramatic Arias...)

P.S. "Time to be Awesome" was the second best in my opinion.

Rainbow, because Songbird Serenade is based on Sia who is my favorite singer ever.

Counting all of the songs that were actually in the movie; Rainbow is easily the best due to it's emotional weight and Sia's vocal abilities. After that; gotta give it to "Open Up Your Eyes" and "Time To Be Awesome." <3

• Brohoof 1
  • yay 1

Rainbow, because it is a good song even though animated films everywhere are filled with songs just like it so it is hardly original.

Off to See the World is pretty cool to.

• Brohoof 1

"Open Up Your Eyes" is my favorite song from the 2017 My Little Pony Movie because Tempest Shadow is my favorite character in the film. 

Rainbow because Sia’s great singing. Open Your Eyes is a close second because Twilight sees a part of herself in Tempest if her friends gave up on her and she gave up on themes well.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Rainbow because Sia’s great singing. Open Your Eyes is a close second because Twilight sees a part of herself in Tempest if her friends gave up on her and she gave up on themes well.

3 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Counting all of the songs that were actually in the movie; Rainbow is easily the best due to it's emotional weight and Sia's vocal abilities. After that; gotta give it to "Open Up Your Eyes" and "Time To Be Awesome." <3

both of you have great taste and it makes me so happy to see so much love for Sia's song in this thread :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3

Sia Rainbow of course. The most amazing song by far.

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

My favorite songs in the movie are Time To Be Awesome, Rainbow and We Got This Together. 

Rainbow and Time to be Awesome. I did like Open UP your eyes, but not as much as the first two i named.

Open up your eyes! See the world from where I stand~ Me among the might, you caged at my coommaaaand. ^_^

Next one would be Rainbow. 

I might get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly didn't really like any of the songs in the movie... :please: 

To me, they just lacked the same wholesome qualities of a song that was found in the TV series. Even "Open Up Your Eyes" didn't catch my attention, which seems to be the favorite among the fandom.

I enjoyed the movie, but the songs were probably the thing I disliked about it the most. 

• Brohoof 1

I personally liked "I'm the friend that you need", because it is the most aesthetically-pleasing for me.

Other than that, I sometimes listen to "One small thing" because it makes me think of those good memories of a movie meetup with some Facebook friends.

It's a tie for me between "Open up your eyes" and Sia's "Rainbow", both are are really great songs and get stuck in my head rather easily too! :D