Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dumb, trivial things that trigger you?

Megas

Pretty much what the title implies. Is there anything incredibly minor and inconsequential that sets you off?

For me it's every time someone says Yakuza is GTA in Japan

(edited)

When people can't chew with their goddamn mouths closed.

Like, honestly, I am just about to leap across the table to shut that jaw of yours. 

STOP IT

Edited by Guest

When people say that Paladins is an Overwatch clone or the other way around just because they happen to have similarities.

Neither is a clone of the other. They are both very different games that just happen to be similar to each other.

22 minutes ago, meme said:

When people get angry at incredibly minor and inconsequential things.

Does that mean you can trigger yourself? :confused:

I had a coworker who has some family back in West Virginia, and she'll say crick instead of creek and holler instead of hill and some other slang that drives me up the wall.

People facing me when they're coughing. No, covering your mouth doesn't completely make your mouth microbes disappear and why is it so hard to turn the other way in the first place? If I'm polite enough to do that, then you also should. :baconmane:

2 hours ago, Royce said:

When people can't chew with their goddamn mouths closed.

Like, honestly, I am just about to leap across the table to shut that jaw of yours. 

STOP IT

Oh yeah, I most definitely agree! Chewing with your mouth open is definitely rude and is also considered bad manners at a dinner table. Those people really do need to work on their table manners, don't they?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, MalekPony said:

Oh yeah, I most definitely agree! Chewing with your mouth open is definitely rude and is also considered bad manners at a dinner table. Those people really do need to work on their table manners, don't they?

Shut those jaws and wipe your mouths.

I can't stand people who slurp as well.

Edited by Guest

When you write your instead of you're and vice versa. Get it right goddamnit, the meanings are SO different!

When somebody disses Rarity. I boil inside but keep it to myself :D

When things just don't make sense. Everything needs to have a reason or be at least partially logical! ...unless you're fooling around, then the rules change :x

When people. Get. Offended. Like seriously, we friggin used to hunt wildlife, hundreds of years ago people weren't so sensitive because we had plagues and nature was dangerous, we didn't have time for prissy sensitivities. Now the world turned into spoiled bunch of brats who get instantly offended and want to sue you should you tell them they're, f.e., egocentric. GROW SOME THICK SKIN! Assuming they'll understand what it means. And don't get me started on how they then complain on social media :x

Oh and when I wake up the world just instantly triggers me in general, and the rage keeps me running through the rest of the day.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Porrot said:

When someone jokes about Half-Life 3...

WHO GAVE YOU THE BLOODY RIGHT?! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER A FREAKING DECADE.

XD the same thing

6 minutes ago, Yamet said:

When people get offended over how easily everyone gets offended these days. 

I know it happen every time

• Brohoof 1

Probably the DUMBEST and most aggratavtin issue I have is Misophonia. For those who are not familiar with it, I am not surprised as it's not explored as often as it should be, which is admitted by many medical experts. Let me give you a run down: 

Misophonia, also known as selective sound sensitivity syndrome, starts with a trigger. It’s often an oral sound -- the noise someone makes when they eat, breathe, chew, yawn, or whistle. Sometimes a small repetitive motion is the cause -- someone fidgets, jostles you, or wiggles their foot.

If you have a mild reaction, you might feel:

• Anxious
  • Uncomfortable
  • The urge to flee
  • Disgust

If your response is more severe, the sound in question might cause:

• Rage
  • Anger
  • Hatred
  • Panic
  • Fear
  • Emotional distress
  • A desire to kill or stop whatever is making the noise
  • Skin crawling
  • Suicidal thoughts

The disease can put a  cramp  in your social life. You might avoid restaurants or eat separately from your spouse, family, or roommates. Or worse, you could act on what you feel. You might attack the person who’s making the sound -- physical or verbally -- cry, or run away from the situation.

Over time, you may respond to visual triggers, too. Seeing someone get ready to eat or put something in their mouth might set you off.

• Brohoof 1

The fact that the words trigger, triggered, and triggering, which originally has had connotations with PTSD and other forms of mental illness have become ruined and turned into a joke because of the internet.

• Brohoof 5

8 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

The fact that the words trigger, triggered, and triggering, which originally has had connotations with PTSD and other forms of mental illness have become ruined and turned into a joke because of the internet.

Agree tbh.

I Get highly annoyed whenever I drop something. It just really shakes me up for some reason.

• Brohoof 2

When something interrupts me when I'm listening to music :x I literally have to restart entire song again otherwise I feel disturbed.

Also, when somebody makes a mistake in song lyrics. Like, I don't really expect people to know song lyrics by heart, buy it still rustles my jimmies when somebody gets them wrong :x

Oh, and when I'm being told to stop singing xD

People who drive too slow down the highway and refuse to pull over even when there is a very wide turnout.

There's a special place in hell for these people. One where they're trapped in a traffic jam while having to piss during a massive heatwave with no AC for all eternity.

One thing that seems to trigger me is metal klanging against metal.  I hated it when my mom dragged me to one of those japanese restaurants that had the island where the chef cooked and everyone watched them.  I kept telling her that I didn't like going to these places because of that but she would still drag me along.  I still don't like it when I accidentally klang a metal mixing bowl with a fork while cleaning dishes...:okiedokieloki: