Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Terrible news for FiM fans with cable

FirePuppy

I know this really has nothing to do with MLP, but FiOS users like me are about to lose Discovery Family if they only have the Preferred package. That means no more MLP for these users after episode 11 of Season 8:

9C8DE7C6-7417-45A2-A5DF-C66A6E953058.jpeg

On my Spectrum network Discovery Family is a tier 3 channel all other children oriented channels like Disney XD is tier 2 channels. I don't really know if it's even worth it for them to stay on the premium channel package

57 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I know this really has nothing to do with MLP, but FiOS users like me are about to lose Discovery Family if they only have the Preferred package. That means no more MLP for these users after episode 11 of Season 8:

Oh noz! Guess you'll have to watch the livestreams or watch a video online like the rest of us! ;)

It's not great news, but you can always watch episodes online, via channels like dailymotion. If you're willing to wait and pay, you can also watch them on Youtube. 

It's really a shame, though it doesn't affect me personally (as I'm not American and watch the show online). I wish the show was on a more accessible channel – in spite of there being various other ways to watch MLP, there are still many people who only watch programs on TV. The show really deserves better ratings, but what can you do when few people watch or even have the channel...

• Brohoof 2

That's okay for me. I haven't had access to Discovery Family Channel since Mid Season 6. But I usually find a way to watch the episode at least once close to airing date. And as a Netflix User, once a half season is added, I usually do mini marathons based on character, story arcs, and even a specific setting of my choosing.

(edited)

Well, I wasn't able to watch it on TV in the first place. :P 

I mean, I'm not even sure if any Discovery channel is airing MLP in Poland; though there is a kid-channel doing this (saw online uploads with the logo of this channel), but apparently I do not own that one. I have 9999 useless channels, but this particular one seem to be owned by different television provider. Eh, either way, I prefer watching it when I can; online, rather than keeping track of it on TV.

For that, I subscribed to Netflix, but it turned out it barely has any MLP in polish region. Wherever I go, there are no ponies for me! hZXzbAq.png hah, jk :lol: 

I guess I'll have to look up for these online, like I was doing it so far. . .

I was also considering purchasing all the DVD's, but there are so many of these at this point (which is nice, but the cost...). Though I do admit I would like those, perhaps someday.. For now I'm aiming to purchase the physical copy of MLP the movie. :catface: This is a must have! :yay: -- I haven't watched the movie yet; I want to give it a legit watch. :derp: 

Edited by Rikifive

57 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

:catface: This is a must have! :yay: -- I haven't watched the movie yet; I want to give it a legit watch. :derp: 

The movie was really good! You should watch it before starting season eight though. Episode one, season eight, takes place directly after the events of the movie.

3 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Oh yeah, had a silver package with Spectrum, but they've swapped DF to gold package with no prior advice :dry:. I no longer see the point in cable nowadays :dash: 

As if that weren't bad enough, Comcast is also pulling a similar stunt with the popular channels, save for AMC. My family wanted to watch Food Network, but we can't get it without going beyond Digital Basic. I mean, we lost Cartoon Network, Disney Channel AND Food Network! My family has taken to Netflix Original Programming, as well as letting my youngest nephew watch YOUTUBE Videos on the TV! I mean, why can't they take those Spanish Language channels away? I have no spanish speaking friends! I don't want to sacrifice my own Personal $20 a month just to help pay for a better cable and internet package! I can't believe this nation is growing more corporate by the day! They're being jerks!

The sad thing about Cable companies is that

a: Most of them also control the Internet, forcing you to get a cable package for a good internet discount

and

b: In worst cases, there's only one available in your district.

(edited)
19 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

The sad thing about Cable companies is that

a: Most of them also control the Internet, forcing you to get a cable package for a good internet discount

and

b: In worst cases, there's only one available in your district.

And factor in the fact that there is nothing we can do to control the outcome of the vote to save or kill Net Neutrality, and we're all gonna be screwed enough to go violent, and scare our loved ones! I do NOT want to go mad and say "OH MY GAWD! TRUMP IS SO POWERFUL! I WANNA HAVE HIS BABIIIIIIIESSSS!!!" and snap and behave as maddening as Shadow the Hedgehog in your videos! Try to save the guy some trouble for Maria's sake! Or at least introduce him to Lord Tirek, just so Tirek can say "I always wanted to drop a cow on Shadow!"

Edited by YoshiAngemon

• 1 month later...

Not like most MLP fans support the show legally anyway. :P