Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Physical Media Collecting

3 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Yeah, I'd just steal my sister's Switch if I wanted to play anything right now until it becomes worthwhile

If she has Oddessey, go steal it. Seriously, it is incredibly awesome :)

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

If she has Oddessey, go steal it. Seriously, it is incredibly awesome :)

Naw,

Played it on my cousin's and I loved it, it's replacing Super Mario 3 as my altime favorite Mario game!

Just now, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Naw,

Played it on my cousin's and I loved it, it's replacing Super Mario 3 as my altime favorite Mario game!

Missing my NDS now - I had Mario64 for that, but it got loaned to a nephew and didn't come back...  have the ACTUAL Mario64 as well, but the NDS version was better somehow...

(edited)
2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Missing my NDS now - I had Mario64 for that, but it got loaned to a nephew and didn't come back...  have the ACTUAL Mario64 as well, but the NDS version was better somehow...

I've got one, It takes about 10 minutes to load a game and yeah, I've got it for mine, I've not played many downright bad Mario games, just not been as good as Mario 3 or maybe Mario 2 (Japan) (Lost Levels outside Japan) until I play oddessy

Edited by Sherbert Music-Guard

3 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I've got one, It takes about 10 minutes to load a game and yeah, I've got it for mine, I've not played many downright bad Mario games, just not been as good as Mario 3 or maybe Mario 2 (Japan) (Lost Levels outside Japan) until I play oddessy

Yup. A triumph for Nintendo - they managed to pack so much awesome into one game even Dashie would be jealous :)

Boxes upon boxes of CDs.

Digital downloads are a pain in the ass, as they don't let you copy between devices. So I buy the CD when I can. Sometimes getting a new CD will have physical goodies in tow, like T-shirts, posters and art books.  Plus second hand shops will carry them at a bargain. That and not every car has Bluetooth audio connections, or you ended up bringing the wrong USB cable or you don't want to shell out for Spotify. Bring a CD! 

I bought $600 worth of CDs once. 

I DO have an 8TB hard drive for digital media, but I still REALLY prefer physical myself.

I have a largely unremarkable but growing collection of comic books. Namely Popeye Volume 2 by Bobby London, and It's Tokyo, Charlie Brown! I have a few The Incredible Hulk comics somewhere but they got lost when I moved rooms, and I also have the prequel comic to the 2009 Astro Boy film, which I never knew existed until recently. I have some other stuff but they're not as interesting, some random X-Men comics I got at a flea market, a mediocre Steven Universe graphic novel, a Doctor Who comic which I haven't read yet and the 4th issue of My Little Pony: Friends Forever (Halloween variant cover, even though it was given out during FCD in May).

I don't really see the merit in collecting physical gaming media, but I love collecting physical books and comics, even if my eyesight stigma makes it a bit cumbersome to read. Other than that, I also have a small but growing collecton of tabletop RPGs such as G.U.R.P.S. and Tails of Equestria. I plan on buying some DC/Marvel RPGs soon, after I finish my The Peanuts and Conan the Barbarian collections. 

I love buying physical media! I will always go physical over digital when I can, though mostly just for games.

Here's my collection of physical Nintendo games:

20180518_084030.thumb.jpg.9e20350f3f2003b6d3eb6168612b213e.jpg

My DS, 3DS, and Switch games (so far).

20180518_084510.thumb.jpg.99adce8f49c16cf7f8701b1d577eaa1f.jpg\

My GBA games. I have a box full of them, as you can see, so I put the more notable ones up front. 

My biggest Nintendo collection has to be my N64 games.

20180518_084910.thumb.jpg.108194199ab69b4261b75af8f7ed164c.jpg

20180518_085003.thumb.jpg.4e69065f571c2248e16d5cdd5b405b76.jpg

Seriously, look at how many of these things I have.

20180518_085316.thumb.jpg.6058a6d019c4248b327f53da4588af46.jpg

Again, I put the more notable ones up front. I couldn't find my copy of Mario Kart 64, so I substituted it with 1080 Snowboarding. That's a notable N64 game, right?

• Brohoof 2

It can be a bit pricey, but I'm a sucker for physical media. I have binders full of Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards, as well as an entire cupboards with all my games in them.

• Brohoof 1

I far prefer physical media over digital. I love to feel something in my hands; it makes me feel it's something tangible and real. I have a fairly vast collection of dvds and older videotapes because it's better to me than downloading the stuff I watch. I also have a fairly sizable collection of Star Wars stuff too, but I don't know if that qualifies as media in the way this thread is referring. 

• Brohoof 1

I prefer physical media in most things. I used to have a massive library of books, well over 500 NES, Genesis  & SNES games combined, and so damn many VHS tapes it was sort of ridiculous the amount of shelves we needed to keep them all on. However some stuff happened and most of it was all destroyed, the rest that was salvaged was given to other family or sold or donated. A couple of things are in storage though. In books, I really cut back and concentrated on just authors I truly enjoyed or books series I really loved. With games I have a lot of PS1, 2 & 3 games, as well as quite a few Gamecube and Xbox games... but by the PS3 era I was wavering from gaming, and have pretty much went digital since. I still like the physical mediums, but am not a huge fan of trying to make space for them all, especially when I do not actively play with them, and being as I don't mess with consoles much lately it is just easier to go digital for me. As for movies and music.. I don't have a large collection of DVDs, but I do have a few. I am not a huge fan of movies anymore, and tend to fall asleep watching them, I would prefer though to have the physical medium over a digital version all the same. And as for music, I do have a ton of CDs still, since I went into a hoarding phase with them for a while.