Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Like or Dislike?  

108 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Twilight Snarkle: "Imbeciles, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Boredie Pie: "Bored. Bored. Bored!" ("I dislike it!")
    • Pinkie: "Last one to the Tre of Harmony is a parasprite! Woo-hoo!" Twilight: *grumbled sigh* ("…meh…")
    • Rarihoard: *jumps into wagon* "This is mine! And this as well! Oh, and this is absolutely mine!" ("I like it!")
    • Pinkie: *laugh* "This was…the worst…day…ever!" ("I LOVE IT!" <3)
  2. 2. Which Mean Six did you enjoy most?

• Liarjack
    • Rarihoard
    • Flutterbrute
    • Lazy Dash
    • Bordie Pie
    • Twilight Snarkle

Note: Over the course of Season 8, content originally leaked (e.g., the Student Six's names, episode titles, summaries) have been officially revealed. But as always, please keep all leaked content not officially revealed yet — and/or if you're unsure if you're revealing too much — under the "spoiler" tag. (Hit the eye icon to trigger it and type within it.)

Secondly, this is the last of the eight episodes leaked from last year. For those who watched it or know of spoiled material, please hide it under the tag until after it airs!

DO NOT LINK OR POST THE LEAKED MATERIAL!

Note #2: This episode was officially released in Finland on May 15.

Title: The Mean 6

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): June 9 at 11:30am
Air Date (U.K./Tinypop): June 6 at 8am British Time (3am EST).

Writer: Michael Vogel

Summary: "Queen Chrysalis returns and is ready to exact her revenge on Starlight Glimmer and the Mane 6!"

Extra Note: This is the mid-season finale. S8 will resume a few weeks later.

Remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

To watch it early, click here to enter the stream at 3am EST.

Episode will be linked after it airs.

SendVid link: https://sendvid.com/fwh8sysn

• Brohoof 4

Opinion of leaked episode below:

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy this episode. It felt very anti-climatic for me, it didn't make sense for Starlight to join a Mane Six retreat, and why would the Mane Six not know by now if one of their friends are brainwashed? I did enjoy Chrysalis' end though and some of the humor from the Mean 6! But it didn't really appeal to me enough. Don't let that ruin the episode hype for you though if you haven't seen it yet!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I haven't seen anything about this yet.  (I don't look at leaked info.)  I just wanted to pop in here preemptively and express my concern.  I'm looking forward to seeing Chrissy again, but please, please, please, for Celestia's sake, don't reform her!  PLEASE.  C'mon, there's gotta be some villains that stay bad!  Tirek cannot be the only one.  I was extremely skeptical about Starlight's reform when it first happened, because she made such a compelling villain, but I absolutely love what they did with her, because they didn't just reform and forget.  They really developed her and made great storylines that featured her providing a unique and necessary perspective specifically because of her past.  I can't see that happening with Chrissy.  I mean, what--is she gonna move in with Twilight, too?  Or just become partners with Steve or something?  That'd be lame.  ....what?  What?!  OH.  Right.  Yeah.  I always forget that Steve isn't his real name.  THORAX.

I'm just so scared that the reform is coming, and is the only available path.  What other options are there?  She can't win.  I mean, that's not going to happen.  She's not gonna get her revenge.  And she can't die, because this show won't go there.  They only got away with it for Sombra because he didn't really have a physical form and just shattered in a light-splosion.  It was like a Sauron death.  Can't do that with Chrissy.  And there's no way that she's just gonna simply get defeated, scamper off and vow revenge again.  She already did that.  I highly doubt they're just gonna do the same thing again.  So....if she can't win, and she can't die, and she can't scamper off, then what else is there?  Reform.  That's it.  If they do that, please, at least do something complex and believable.  But better yet, please surprise me with some unexpected outcome that I didn't think of that doesn't involve reform.  Some baddies gotta stay bad.  Please.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 2:49 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

I haven't seen anything about this yet.  (I don't look at leaked info.)  I just wanted to pop in here preemptively and express my concern.  I'm looking forward to seeing Chrissy again, but please, please, please, for Celestia's sake, don't reform her!  PLEASE.  C'mon, there's gotta be some villains that stay bad!  Tirek cannot be the only one.  I was extremely skeptical about Starlight's reform when it first happened, because she made such a compelling villain, but I absolutely love what they did with her, because they didn't just reform and forget.  They really developed her and made great storylines that featured her providing a unique and necessary perspective specifically because of her past.  I can't see that happening with Chrissy.  I mean, what--is she gonna move in with Twilight, too?  Or just become partners with Steve or something?  That'd be lame  ....what?  What?!  OH.  Right.  Yeah.  I always forget that Steve isn't his real name.  THORAX.

I'm just so scared that the reform is coming, and is the only available path.  What other options are there?  She can't win.  I mean, that's not going to happen.  She's not gonna get her revenge.  And she can't die, because this show won't go there.  They only got away with it for Sombra because he didn't really have a physical form and just shattered in a light-sposion.  It was like a Sauron death.  Can't do that with Chrissy.  And there's no way that she's just gonna simply get defeated, scamper off and vow revenge again.  She already did that.  I highly doubt they're just gonna do the same thing again.  So....if she can't win, and she can't die, and she can't scamper off, then what else is there?  Reform.  That's it.  If they do that, please, at least do something complex and believable.  But better yet, please surprise me with some unexpected outcome that I didn't think of that doesn't involve reform.  Some baddies gotta stay bad.  Please.

Do you REALLY believe we need Friendship is Magic to go on forever? You would much rather have her banished to Tartarus, only to escape, and get her revenge each season! There is ONE reason they can't do that, and his name is Lord Tirek! He could propose that they team up, and bust out of Tartarus forever, only for her magic to be robbed from Tirek! Worst case scenario: Tirek and Chrysalis marry, and cause more trouble for the Mane Six than Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa ever did for the Power Rangers. Throw in a relative to Chrysalis or Tirek that seems to be as bungling as that bag of bones, Rito Revolto, and you may have something there. Now I'm in the mood for Power Rangers Fighting Edition.

But the point we're trying to make here is that you want Equestria to NOT be boring, but rather exciting, and if you reform all the bad guys, or most of them, like Tirek, and banish the rest to Tartarus, then it would be like a world of light without darkness. All Order and No Chaos makes Discord a nonexistent boy.

Spoiler

She won't be reformed, EVER!

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 5/28/2018 at 8:49 PM, Justin_Case001 said:

I haven't seen anything about this yet.  (I don't look at leaked info.)  I just wanted to pop in here preemptively and express my concern.  I'm looking forward to seeing Chrissy again, but please, please, please, for Celestia's sake, don't reform her!  PLEASE.  C'mon, there's gotta be some villains that stay bad!  Tirek cannot be the only one.  I was extremely skeptical about Starlight's reform when it first happened, because she made such a compelling villain, but I absolutely love what they did with her, because they didn't just reform and forget.  They really developed her and made great storylines that featured her providing a unique and necessary perspective specifically because of her past.  I can't see that happening with Chrissy.  I mean, what--is she gonna move in with Twilight, too?  Or just become partners with Steve or something?  That'd be lame.  ....what?  What?!  OH.  Right.  Yeah.  I always forget that Steve isn't his real name.  THORAX.

I'm just so scared that the reform is coming, and is the only available path.  What other options are there?  She can't win.  I mean, that's not going to happen.  She's not gonna get her revenge.  And she can't die, because this show won't go there.  They only got away with it for Sombra because he didn't really have a physical form and just shattered in a light-splosion.  It was like a Sauron death.  Can't do that with Chrissy.  And there's no way that she's just gonna simply get defeated, scamper off and vow revenge again.  She already did that.  I highly doubt they're just gonna do the same thing again.  So....if she can't win, and she can't die, and she can't scamper off, then what else is there?  Reform.  That's it.  If they do that, please, at least do something complex and believable.  But better yet, please surprise me with some unexpected outcome that I didn't think of that doesn't involve reform.  Some baddies gotta stay bad.  Please.

I completely agree. I'm super stoked for this episode, but it'll be RUINED beyond repair if they decide to reform Queen Chrysalis. I'm actually a little scared! Although, in all honesty, Tirek wasn't the only villain to stay evil. There was King Sombra...the Sirens (if you include the Equestria Girls franchise)...Chancellor Neighsay...the Storm King...And getting into the lesser villains, we have Suri Polomare, Garble, Wind Rider, Svengallop, and the Mane-iac.

Barring that, you're right. Queen Chrysalis is bad. She needs to stay bad. And I might just have a stroke if she doesn't.

Edited by sandyshores123
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, sandyshores123 said:

I completely agree. I'm super stoked for this episode, but it'll be RUINED beyond repair if they decide to reform Queen Chrysalis. I'm actually a little scared! Although, in all honesty, Tirek wasn't the only villain to stay evil. There was King Sombra...the Sirens (if you include the Equestria Girls franchise)...Chancellor Neighsay...the Storm King...And getting into the lesser villains, we have Suri Polomare, Garble, Wind Rider, Svengallop, and the Mane-iac.

Barring that, you're right. Queen Chrysalis is bad. She needs to stay bad. And I might just have a stroke if she doesn't.

Am I the only one who doesn't expect to be bothered by Chrysalis being redeemed?

• Brohoof 1

While the Changeling's new forms have grown on me a little....trying to imagine Chryssi becoming that is just....ick. Hope they keep her as is, idc if the throw her in Tartarus or she runs off again. Like YoshiAngemon said, a world where every villain is reformed is rather dull.

• Brohoof 2

I have to say that I also will be disappointed if they reform Chryssie.

I mean yeah Tirek and Sombra were cool, but we never had a villain that stayed for more than a season besides Chrysalis

(Also anyone else notice how the ponies in the Promo have slightly dimmed colors, similar to Discord's Magic in The Return of Harmony?)

• Brohoof 2

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Note: Over the course of Season 8, content originally leaked (e.g., the Student Six's names, episode titles, summaries) have been officially revealed. But as always, please keep all leaked content not officially revealed yet — and/or if you're unsure if you're revealing too much — under the "spoiler" tag. (Hit the eye icon to trigger it and type within it.)

Secondly, this is the last of the eight episodes leaked from last year. For those who watched it or know of spoiled material, please hide it under the tag until after it airs!

DO NOT LINK OR POST THE LEAKED MATERIAL!

Note #2: This episode was officially released in Finland on May 15.

Title: The Mean 6

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): June 9 at 11:30am
Air Date (U.K./Tinypop): June 6 at 8am British Time (3am EST).

Writer: Michael Vogel

Summary: "Queen Chrysalis returns and is ready to exact her revenge on Starlight Glimmer and the Mane 6!"

Extra Note: This is the mid-season finale. S8 will resume a few weeks later.

Remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

To watch it early, click here to enter the stream at 3am EST.

Episode will be linked after it airs.

I missed the stream.

(edited)

Decided to check out the stream for the hell of it.

Spoiler

Not bad.  A pretty fun episode.  If you ask me, the best part of the episode was the Doppelgangers AKA the Anti-Mane 6.  They deliver a call back to Return of Harmony when the Mane 5's personalities were Discorded.  As for Anti-Twilight, she was more of a Starscream to Chrysalis' Megatron.   Something I was hoping would FINALLY hit My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

I just watched the Tiny Pop premiere. :yay:

Spoiler

I thought this was an enjoyable episode, not at the same level as the last three brilliant episodes, but a good one anyway. :squee:

It was nice to see Chrysalis return. Her plan of creating her own Mane 6 was pretty weird actually. :lol: I liked how the evil Mane 6 were the exact opposites of the regular ones. This episode reminded me a lot of "The Return of Harmony" with the way the Mean 6 behaved. I thought the mean Rarity was the funniest of them, Tabitha St. Germain really shone in that role. :D Mean Applejack was my second favorite with her rather unconvincing lies. With them being opposite versions of the Mane 6, it was pretty inevitable the whole thing would backfire in the end...

I found the episode a little confusing in parts with the two versions of the Mane 6, though in most scenes it was clear who was who. As for the highlights of the episode, we got some more cute moments with the characters. Fluttershy being adorable (it was sad to see her get treated like that :(), Pinkie's enthusiasm and the way the Mane 6 reconciled. The best thing was the chemistry between the Mean 6, though – and Chrysalis' growing frustration with their antics. :P As for the negatives, some parts of the episode felt quite reminiscent of earlier episodes: in addition to the opposite versions of the Mane 6 being a previously explored concept (which this episode regardless handled well), the ending was pretty similar to "The Best Night Ever". But I won't complain much about that – it's bound to happen in a series with so many episodes!

All in all, I would say it was a good episode – not an all-time highlight but an entertaining one before the mid-season hiatus. I think we might see Chrysalis again later this season, as the conflict was in a way left unresolved (the ponies never found out what was really going on, though they found each other's behavior strange). I give this episode a rating of 8.25/10. I can't wait for the second half of season 8, as the first half was again a very strong run of episodes.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I decided to watch the episode early and here is my thoughts 
Full disclosure, I did not like this episode and I have only few reservations about spoiling what happens so click the spoiler tab with caution.

Spoiler

This was HOT TRASH. I am so disappointed in Mike Vogel, the writer of this episode.

This episode had so much potential to be great, so many creative directions they could have gone with. The epic return of Chrysalis, Round 3, Operation: destroy Starlight, and all that good stuff, I was real excited to see this... NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS HERE! This is an episode that takes one of the most threatening NON-reformed villains in the series, one of the best honestly, and just does NOTHING WITH HER.

Chrysalis makes these clones of the mane 6, they get mixed up with the real mane 6, misunderstandings happen (more on this in a sec), they start fighting, they kiss, they make up, they get to the campsite, episode END.

Turns out the mane 6 were completely oblivious to Chrysalis's presence. I am not joking here when I tell you they do NOT personally encounter her even ONCE, after the very beginning of the episode. Do you know how much of a LET DOWN that is?! I wanted to see mane 6 vs mean 6 vs Chrysalis not THIS. The mean 6 do not even get defeated as a result of the mane 6 finding out they are clones created by Chrysalis, they don't even realize it. That brings me to my next point. 

Why didn't the mane 6 find out? They get mixed up with the mean 6 and they really act stupid about this. If I went up to you and told you that you broke a plate, laughed, and told me to clean it up when you are a neat freak who loves to keep everything organized would you

A- Ask me what the heck I am talking about, telling me you never did such a thing? 
B- start a flight and not ask any questions?

Well the logical answer is clearly A, but answer B is the master reasoning the episode runs on. The closest you get to logical reasoning is when Twilight tells the real Pinkie that she said the retreat was lame and boring (which is what the fake Pinkie said to Twilight) to which the real Pinkie fires back with, "I NEVER SAID THAT!" That point is never followed up on, no follow up questions are asked, no reasoning is logical. If the characters were written INTELLIGENTLY this plot could have been saved and it could have been a GOOD episode. Or maybe this idea was just too ambitious for a one part episode.

It's all RUSHED, the story, the conflict (or lack thereof), the resolution. The episode never goes anywhere. The mane 6 NEVER cross paths with Chrysalis, even though the episode makes you THINK they will because they are both going to the same location. I watched this whole 22 minute and 4 second episode waiting for a climax that NEVER HAPPENED and I am PISSED that the episode made me THINK it was!

No conflict. no climax, the episode ends on a complete anti-climax. The episode makes you think it has a point when it doesn't, it's plot doesn't go anywhere. Chrysalis is static as FUCK, seriously you could remove her from the episode COMPLETELY and very VERY little would change. It sad, it's manipulative, it's honestly not worth the 22 minutes of your life it wastes. 

before my score I will give this episode ONE bit of praise. The comedy in it is pretty good and some of the things that happen are funny. The dialogue is good and interaction with the mean 6 are funny. But it's at the expense of the episode itself. It's like Mike wanted to write a serious episode that was also a comedy episode and it never hones in on a consistent tone. The episode is constantly fighting with it's self wither to be serious or funny and all it results in is a bowl of bland and tasteless slop that is, as I previously said, not worth your time. 

5/10 

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 2

My thoughts about this ep (don't worry, I like it :maud:)

Spoiler

This ep is just decent. I wont hide my disappointment, because this ep could be even better than that. No real interaction between Starlight and Chrysalis, she literally gave no buck about Starlight even she vowed revenge on Starlight, it's look like she is more furious at Twilight and her friends more than Starlight herself (her defeat in Canterlot maybe devastating but it isn't lot worse than losing her kingdom and people and being 'lectured' about being a ruler? And what Starlight do through out the episode? Ah ha, she is a new Spike in this ep, A.K.A Starlightabuse, it's funny but I expect more from that, especially this is the return of Chrysalis, what a waste potential. I know this is a 'the bad guys just destroyed themself even without heroes's awareness' kind of plot but the level of obliviousness of the mane 6 is oblivious, they didn't realize there are something off about her friends, even Starlight (should I blame her because she look really tired through out the episode)? About Chrysalis... she is just there... what have they done to one of the best villain of the show?:umad:You guys want to reform her that badly so you have to make me cannot take her seriously in this ep, but you failed because she still edgy as fuck, it's just the tone of the episode ruined her presense…

*Sign*

I just said this ep was decent so it did have something good. Mike Vogel episodes are usually enjoyable at least so...…..

- I love how Pinkie confront fake-Twilight just like she did in the movie. (love you, Pinkie B))

- While all the Mean 6 are supposed to the opposite elements, Mean AJ is dishonest, Mean Pinkie is boring or Mean Rarity is extremely greedy, Mean Twilight is just very smart just as much as the original Twilight but more malicious and show no sign of empathy.

- I like Chrysalis's plan to take over the tree to use the elements against Mane 6.

- Mean Fluttershy is the best, her level of cruelty is just worse than her 'Return of Harmony' version (when Fluttershy HURTS the animal, it clearly show the line has been CROSSED).

- The nightmare fuel in the end is surprisingly shocking. Those Mean 6 just literally died horribly, look at their melting face... I know they are artificial life form filled with hate magic and they are really mean, but beside Mean Twilight who is truly malicous, the others are just being classic cartoony mean characters that make the viewer feel chuckle more than watching them die horribly, they didn't deserve their fate. This scene just disturbed just as much as the 'massacre' scene in Too Many Pinkie Pie. That's my opinion.

- This is the first time the tree of elements is really scary...

All in all, I liked this ep, I just feel a bit disappointed.:maud:

• Brohoof 1

My opinion about

Spoiler

It was pretty good but I don't like how the mane six are mad at each but the mean six kind remind of elements of Insanity just little and Queen Chrysalis just failed the plan which kinda sounds stuipd 

• This topic was pinned and featured
(edited)

Opening thoughts

I saw the officially shown animatic back in Feb. was it? And to think fans assumed this was to be the premiere but it was really a mid-way point that just simply revealed that Chrysalis has return.

One thing I wanted to point out is how when the ponies’ manes are getting plunked, Fluttershy very briefly looked like Pinkie Pie and it could even been seen in the animatic. Also Rainbow has her hair plucked painfully from her tail and had her picture taken from the rear. Seriously? They’re begging the more “inappropriate” fans to make fun of it.

Also A.J. apparently sneezed in her picture.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018

I feel dumb for not realizing that Chrysalis has the same voice as Trixie, I finally noticed it while she was playfully gloating to the trees as share her evil plans with the photos like real ponies.

So it’s the return of the Mean version of the Mane 6: Applejack the Liar, Pinkie Pie the Grump, Rarity the Hoarder, Fluttershy the Brute, Rainbow Dash the Traitor, and (Honestly, we didn’t see much of a Twilight that wasn’t herself but I’m going to say…) Twilight Sparkle the Loner? I got to see how she acts before giving her Mean counterpart a better name.

• Brohoof 4

@SwitchGuy2018 A more recent name I gave Mean!Twilight is…

Spoiler

Twilight Snarkle for her snarky comebacks at Chryssie.

>Snarkle asks why Chryssie didn't take her revenge at the School

>Chryssie says she knows better than to strike alone, needs—

Snarkle: Friends?

Chryssie: Servants!

Well, at least she has a good reason. ;)

• Brohoof 1