Like or Dislike?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Twilight Snarkle: "Imbeciles, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Boredie Pie: "Bored. Bored. Bored!" ("I dislike it!")
    • Pinkie: "Last one to the Tre of Harmony is a parasprite! Woo-hoo!" Twilight: *grumbled sigh* ("…meh…")
    • Rarihoard: *jumps into wagon* "This is mine! And this as well! Oh, and this is absolutely mine!" ("I like it!")
    • Pinkie: *laugh* "This was…the worst…day…ever!" ("I LOVE IT!" <3)
  2. 2. Which Mean Six did you enjoy most?

14 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That does make sense when you put it that way. Plus, the clones Chrysalis had created seemed to have all of the abilities and traits the mane 6 have. Seeing how Chrysalis was almost overpowered by evil Twilight. I guess maybe since the clones she made could possibly wield the elements, then she could have the advantage of the mane 7. That makes sense that she didn't make many clones in fear of being betrayed. I guess she felt there are trust issues now that she lost her hive of changelings and the clones she created. I could see Chrysalis doing this plan again, but making it more refined, so there won't be many drawbacks to using said spell. I know I keep telling others this and it might not happen, but I keep thinking back to the episode, "It's About Time." When present Twilight asked about an epic pony war in the distant future. I feel that somehow in the grand finale of the series there would be an epic pony war lead by a returning villain. It just feels like this episode could be a prequel to a future event that has yet to appear. 

I also think she's fallen into the common villain trap of "It's all YOUR fault." She nearly conquered Cantalot until Twilight stopped her, she nearly conquered Equestria until Twilight's pupil stopped her AND took away her hive. Its no longer about feeding and ruling via the changeling race for her now its about revenge. Until she's beaten Twilight  and her friends that's going to be her focus. Why rebuild her chagnelings with a new hive when Twilight and her friends will probably ruin it beat them first then rebuild. It's also showing up in the comics if your willing to include them where in the arcs involging her you can see a shift from "Changelingopolis" to "Changelingopolis + Make Twilight and her friends suffer" so its only a short step after she loses her hive to "Make Twilight and her friends suffer." Especially since in the comics she's also been beaten by them at other times.

Badges

On 7/18/2018 at 6:55 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

That does make sense when you put it that way. Plus, the clones Chrysalis had created seemed to have all of the abilities and traits the mane 6 have. Seeing how Chrysalis was almost overpowered by evil Twilight. I guess maybe since the clones she made could possibly wield the elements, then she could have the advantage of the mane 7. That makes sense that she didn't make many clones in fear of being betrayed. I guess she felt there are trust issues now that she lost her hive of changelings and the clones she created. I could see Chrysalis doing this plan again, but making it more refined, so there won't be many drawbacks to using said spell. I know I keep telling others this and it might not happen, but I keep thinking back to the episode, "It's About Time." When present Twilight asked about an epic pony war in the distant future. I feel that somehow in the grand finale of the series there would be an epic pony war lead by a returning villain. It just feels like this episode could be a prequel to a future event that has yet to appear. 

Remember the "Beat-Alls" in PPG, I would love for them to experiment with something like this, like Chrysalis, Tirek, Sombra, they should have an arch where the Mane 7 are greatly overwhelmed, but what ends up taking advantage of the bad guys is their lust for power, independence, and control, together they are unstoppable, but make it about how only harmony can withstand a true allegiance. 

3 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

Remember the "Beat-Alls" in PPG, I would love for them to experiment with something like this, like Chrysalis, Tirek, Sombra, they should have an arch where the Mane 7 are greatly overwhelmed, but what ends up taking advantage of the bad guys is their lust for power, independence, and control, together they are unstoppable, but make it about how only harmony can withstand a true allegiance. 

They actually did partially do that in the comics in the siege of the crystal empire ark where an alliance of Sombra, Chrysalis, Lightning Dust, Iron Will and the Flim Flam brothers launch an attack.

Badges

Just now, Senko said:

They actually did partially do that in the comics in the siege of the crystal empire ark where an alliance of Sombra, Chrysalis, Lightning Dust, Iron Will and the Flim Flam brothers launch an attack.

I would actually like to see Lightning Dust, "reformed" a tad bit, in an overly competitive show down, I like the idea of Rainbow Dash having an ongoing rival of her own.. as for Flim and Flam, & Iron Will, I am not feeling it in the same sense.. plus we've already have had some episodes about these schills, they arent menacing, just trashy. I think they need to make it more power oriented, or perhaps introuduce a new villain, who isnt much on his own, but is a clever manipulator, and uses the other villains like puppets, until they are liberated, I dont see reformation for those specific three villains that is why they were listed... but maybe a puppeteer that unites the villains, make for an interesting plot device.

2 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

I would actually like to see Lightning Dust, "reformed" a tad bit, in an overly competitive show down, I like the idea of Rainbow Dash having an ongoing rival of her own.. as for Flim and Flam, & Iron Will, I am not feeling it in the same sense.. plus we've already have had some episodes about these schills, they arent menacing, just trashy. I think they need to make it more power oriented, or perhaps introuduce a new villain, who isnt much on his own, but is a clever manipulator, and uses the other villains like puppets, until they are liberated, I dont see reformation for those specific three villains that is why they were listed... but maybe a puppeteer that unites the villains, make for an interesting plot device.

I think you should take a look at the siege of the crystal empire ark in the comics I'm actually trying quite hard not to spoil things there but well this is the opening of the 2 issue story, this hooded pony is not one of those names I mentioned.

image.thumb.png.709da781a4732406e439e02a58eda559.png

Edited by Senko

Badges

This episode feels a lot like "Princess Twilight Sparkle" in that it feels like nothing happens for the entire runtime. The characters mess around in the forest, but they all end up feeling the same as when they started. Sure, Chrysalis found the elements, but did we need 22 minutes of nothing to get to that? There are a few good jokes, but not nearly enough to make up for everything else.

Score: 3/10

Badges

Sorry for my late reply to this episode topic. Queen Chrysalis is back for revenge against Starlight Glimmer! :o She made the Mean 6 and those are the counterparts of the Mane 6 ponies which that's odd. :o The real Mane 6 and Starlight Glimmer have their campsite ready near the Tree of Harmony as a group trip at Everfree Forest, they split up and I don't know where they went which they encountered some Mean 6 in the middle part of this episode until those real Mane 6 ponies regroup altogether in happiness. The Mean 6 and Queen Chrysalis were on their way to the Tree of Harmony, they first messed up their campsite and they're at the Tree of Harmony to retrieve those Elements of Harmony, but the Tree of Harmony identified those ponies as fakes and it melted and disintegrated them. That's a good job for the Tree of Harmony for protecting its elements in place! That foiled Queen Chrysalis' plan and she swears for revenge against Starlight Glimmer in a rage for the next time we see Queen Chrysalis again. Finally, at the ending part, the real Mane 6 and Starlight Glimmer were discouraged about their campsite in ruins that what the fake Mean 6 had done, but that's okay because Pinkie Pie said it's their worst day ever but I say it's their best day ever when they laugh at each other once again before fixing up the campsite as Queen Chrysalis flies off in a rage. :)

Tree of Harmony, you could have surrendered Queen Chrysalis and potentially defeated her before she escapes! That's when the Tree of Harmony have done that by the real Mane 6 to defeat the villain altogether since we defeated Tirek back in the 4th season finale.

Therefore, my rating for this episode is great as Pinkie Pie said it's their worst day ever but I say it's their best day for their camp trip! We hope to see Queen Chrysalis return for revenge against Starlight Glimmer in a rage and I want her to be defeated once and for all, or redeemed in a redemption.

Edited by Allen
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

okay....

what.

OKay, sweet episode, as in yeah we all love each other but... hm.... this isn't a good example for how
Yeah sure it was cool seeing chrysie and seeing them all together having fun but... eh. Yeah "We all know each other so let's forget random breakouts?" yeah i guess that's okay.
It was kinda cool 4/5

Well, at least we know Twilight doesn't have a symbiotic link with the Tree of Harmony, otherwise she'd have felt the Mean 6 pounding on it.

Dammit Hasbro, quit stealing my ideas. XD 

Btw, the episode was alright but I think they could have done much more with the concept than they did.

Badges

I liked it, and it was quite a throwback to Season 2 premiere. I actually expected that the mane 6 would be turned into them though.

The episode felt pretty random, and that in a good way. Like everypony running into the missing counterparts of others; and in the end not even noticing it at all. I am not sure if they mean 6 actually found out they met their originals.

OMG was this a great episode, I loved Chrysalis throughout the whole thing, and seeing how crazy she's become after being defeated by Starlight, man she's snapped. The overall plot was interesting and I sort of figured Chrysalis's plan would backfire, but it was awesome seeing evil versions of the mane 6. I do find it funny that the mane 6 didn't notice the clones and they seemed to time it so that they were never aware of the situation. Starlight was great in this episode and I felt so bad for her after she was ridiculed by fake Applejack, the scene at the end with the Tree of Harmony scared me and the image of the mean 6 melting oh man is that traumatizing. 10/10!

Badges

Yeah, not a fan of this. 

The Mane 7 reconciling was a strong affirmation of their friendship and I enjoyed chrysalis's screentime, but the whole episode was anti-climactic, every action and interaction being meaningless and nonsensical. 

I initially voted that I liked it but on second thought it was meh. For some reason I can't change my vote though. 

Y'know, this episode got me wondering. Could Queen Chrysalis take pictures of the Elements of Harmony, along with pieces of them to make the Elements of... CHAOS?! Sounds like a cool idea, IMO! :D

Badges

This episode was so funny! :-D I was a bit disappointed that no one found out what actually happened, but it was still really entertaining. My favourite of the mean 6 was Rarihoard. I liked her golem-like greediness, because it kind of felt like real Rarity, when she was being hysterical. Also, maybe I'm weird but I thought Flutterbrute was cute, too. She was being mean but all she did were petty things like stomping on flowers...ha! :kindness:

Edited by qwerE

Love the episode and Queen Chrysalis with her new minions. I just like it how these scenes with them just reminded of me the relation between Zim and Gir.