Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Like or Dislike?  

108 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Twilight Snarkle: "Imbeciles, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Boredie Pie: "Bored. Bored. Bored!" ("I dislike it!")
    • Pinkie: "Last one to the Tre of Harmony is a parasprite! Woo-hoo!" Twilight: *grumbled sigh* ("…meh…")
    • Rarihoard: *jumps into wagon* "This is mine! And this as well! Oh, and this is absolutely mine!" ("I like it!")
    • Pinkie: *laugh* "This was…the worst…day…ever!" ("I LOVE IT!" <3)
  2. 2. Which Mean Six did you enjoy most?

• Liarjack
    • Rarihoard
    • Flutterbrute
    • Lazy Dash
    • Bordie Pie
    • Twilight Snarkle

1 minute ago, Dark Qiviut said:

@SwitchGuy2018 A more recent name I gave Mean!Twilight is…

Hide contents

Twilight Snarkle for her snarky comebacks at Chryssie.

Thanks, but I was thinking more like a "The (title.)"

Nice sum up of the Season 4 Finale, Pinkie. Mean Twilight is such a witch with a capital B. I think The Manipulator was a better title for Mean Twilight. Don’t any of you guys agree?

The Starscream Twilight inspires me to pursue a career in amateur voice acting! I shall do my own take on G1 Megatron, delivering the FULL Message to the Predacons that find that Golden Disk!

1 minute ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

Mean Twilight is such a witch with a capital B. I think The Manipulator was a better title for Mean Twilight. Don’t any of you guys agree?

Works pretty good, I think.

So it seems the Mean 6 were able to tap into the Elements of Harmony by being their mean selves and it seemed to have made Mean Twilight strong enough to have overpowered Chrysalis had the Tree of Harmony itself had not stepped in and undo the Mean 6’s existence. I’m kinda relieved Chrysalis wasn’t defeated by her own minions…for the moment.

Anybrony noticed how wonderfully joyful Pinkie Pie is here? She's having a great time and is SO happy to be with everyone. Smelling the roses, rolling around in the bushes, swinging, etc. She's really likeable here. <3

• Brohoof 2

Okay now that all the episodes that have been leaked have aired, so thankfully I don't have to worry about avoiding spoilers anymore.   I didn't see this episode when it was leaked because I wanted to watch it legally.  Now that I have seen it, I would say that I enjoyed this episode, even if there isn't really a lot I want to say about it.  Except how I enjoyed the continuity nods in the episode, and me being glad that Chrysalis wasn't reformed here.  Also I really liked how much Starlight doesn't like camping.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So after the episode, while these “problems” don’t bother me as much as you’d think, I still want to point out a few points:

Out of the Mean 6, only Twilight was the most interesting since the others were more or less the same of when the originals were brainwashed by a selfish Discord 6 season ago. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy evil doppelgangers, but we already saw these before so there was nothing interesting or new. When the original Twilight was “Discorded” back then she didn’t act like Mean Twilight and was more focused on leaving Ponyville not caring where to go rather than wanting to manipulate others for her own selfish gain. Now, after the literal Deus ex Machina (God from a Machine, or in this case, “Omniscient Spirit from a Tree), I have to complain somewhat as Why didn’t Mean Twilight escape, instead of being turned back to tree bark? She was potentially eviler than Chrysalis and could use the fact she’s a doppelganger to make our heroes and allies look bad in front of Nieghsay for example. Now, I did found it awesome the Tree actually undoes Chrysalis dark magic spell that made the Mean 6, but I just wish M. Twilight could have make a return.

But in all honesty, that only thing that has me worried is that the Mane 6 had no idea the Chrysalis was involved, and the ex-Changeling Queen now knows where the Tree of Harmony is and could still strike back when our heroes least suspect her. She could very easily keep spying our heroes and allies as a pony until another chance comes around. Oh, the dramatic irony!

I say this mid-season finale was good enough and still want to see the 2nd half. I just hope that the airing goes back to normal where U.S.A. gets the episode first and not get "Short Runs in Peru" as TV Tropes call early releases in other countries.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 2

Gotta say; that episode was intense! Probably my favorite of season 8 thus far!

• Brohoof 4

It was weird, but I think what Daimando said about Twlight's clone being like Starscream made it clear to me: I MUST GET BACK INTO THE TRANSFORMERS! It was Starlight Glimmer's actions from the Cutie ReMark that drove the first nail in with me getting the Beast Wars. It was Daimando releasing a TransFormers: More than Meets the Eye recap that pushed me further back towards Cybertron. Now that I see that Twilight Sparkscream's attitude is a tribute to the original, I MUST get back into the TransFormers, including buying the 30th Anniversary Edition of the OG Movie on Blu-Ray!

(edited)

Chrysalis's power has usually been underdoggy compared to what NMM, Discord, Sombra, and Tirek are capable of... so color me impressed when she actually did something OP-ish for once (dat Mean 6 ritual, tho).

Also, Woobieshy got screwed the worst by Chrysalis's plan; I hope she can still resolve things with those animals offscreen

And lastly, don't buck with the Tree Of Harmony -- yikes!

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow......they're really hammering in "communication lessons" this season but you know this is probably one of the strongest ones when it comes to close friends. You know you like each other, you know you like to hang out with each other, but since you are clearly different people there are going to be disagreements and clashing mindsets. The most important thing is to communicate those differences so that no one is in the dark of how to interact with each other.

-Rarity doesn't need to stress about not bringing enough and by communicating her desire to bring a cart full, others and she can plan accordingly to not get in the way.

-Twilight shouldn't need to pressure enjoyment (sure it worked for the escape room) but if others let her know when she is taking it too seriously and maybe some time should be taken to smell the flora or enjoy the fauna they can do so with the respect that she will return (i.e. no wandering off without communicating Pinkie or Fluttershy)

-I feel Starlight's lack of communication is a major one we experience day to day. There's always that friend that wants to play this sport, that game, watch this show that movie. You're allowed to say you're not interested in the thing they're doing but that shouldn't stop them from enjoying it themselves. Heck, you might even be willing to sit in and watch but they know now it's not because you're trying to get invested but because you just like hanging out. (So seriously stop trying to explain your games to me, just here hanging out and talking while you play is fun enough. *ehem* sorry got off topic).

That's something I've at least taken away from what is ultimately a pointless episode in terms of story but I think it wraps of the first half of the season quite nicely.

Besides I love me an episode where I can sit back and enjoy the characters without much thought in the plot.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Mixed feelings about this episode. It was okay for the most part, but there was so much missed potential. Mean 6 Twilight could have been an excellent future villain. All the intellect and magic of the real Twilight but without the morals. 

Edited by JH24

I saw "MLP Mean 6". I really like this one. I loved the creepiness of the visuals like the way the clones were created and destroyed. Some of the clones behavior was a bit of a rehash of how the Mane 6 acted in Return of Harmony but it was still a great way to show how the Mane 6's friendship has grown because they don't try to end the friendship like in season 2.  

• Brohoof 1

I wonder why Evil Twilight seemed to be the most.... sentient? Is that the word I'm looking for? The most sentient of the Mean 6. Like, she behaved and thought the most like a real person out of the 6 of them.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Chrysalis has had three appearances in this series, and this is by far her best one. In both ACW, and TWaBA, DHX wrote her like a really big idiot whose own hubris cost her each scheme. Here, Chryssie was the most competent of the villains, had a solid alibi to not attack the RM7 immediately, and her plan was foiled by circumstances other than her own ego.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

I think it was a solid episode, even though it felt like they reused the “evil Mane Six” from The Return of Harmony, although this time instead of decolorizing they changed their cutie marks a bit.
Starlight, yet again, stole the show every time she was on screen. And, yet again, she proved to be one of the most relatable ponies to me, because I’m exactly like her when it comes to outdoor activities. "Also, I'll never like camping".
Chrysalis really needs her old voice back. At times she sounded so much like Trixie. But I was glad to see her again anyway.

• Brohoof 1

So... is Chrysalis going insane? It sure seemed like it when she was setting up the cloning spell. Maybe setting the stage for her turnabout?

I liked this one, I think it’s up to the usual mid-season finale episodes quality, though this could have easily been a two-parter all on its own. Getting to see evil Twilight was great, and the better animation quality and expressions brought new fun to the old Mean Six, especially RariGreed. Also, watching Rarity be there for Starlight was great to see, especially when Starlight was there for Rarity in F&M. 

Now for the hiatus...

7914B97D-6CEF-4737-B1B3-6BFCC8EB0CCB.jpeg.4eb9eaaf104192d82ab8859c85fed90a.jpeg

• Brohoof 6

I knew that photographer was up to something. 

But really, this is a very powerful episode and it shows what happens when you try to wield the purest of characteristics with people of the opposite. It doesn't work. The Mean Six faded because they were made from darkness and evil. The Mane 6 nearly got swept up in the chaos, but Pinkie Pie stepped in and reminded Twilight that in life, you don't always have to plan...sometimes, you can let the wind carry you in any direction, which is what can make life fun. I hate planning myself, but I LOVE those days where I can just go about doing things with no worry and all...

I hope Chrysalis can be redeemed real soon. I mean, she still needs to learn that it is not always about taking and getting revenge. Sure you're hurt, but people carry hurt, but you can choose to start anew and forget your past, or continue to carry that hurt and suffer through the future. 

This was a good episode but there was a lot of wasted potential. A cliffhanger of the mean 6 getting the elements would have been more interesting. What’s to stop Chryselis from just doing this again since she knows where the tree is? I’m not sure how I feel the mane 6 forgiving each other so quickly without realizing something was going on. Chryselis needs to step up her game.

I gotta say I enjoyed the episode but sadly, my expectations at the beginning did cause the ending to be a bit less than satisfying.   I mean all that and the Tree of Harmony does the  Mane 6's work for them?  Admitedly  it COULD have some kind of effect we don't know about in the future... like what if the mean 6's personailities got infused into the elements or something?  You may 'think' it's a happy ending but it really is the start of something more evil!

This next slight theory I'll be putting in a spoiler as it contains a rumor I heard about.

Spoiler

So, I see you clicked the spoiler!  You Spoiler pony you!  Anyways, For those of you who don't know, it's rumored that Tirek will be returning, which tbh I'm not surprised in the least considering the below thing.  Anyways, Tirek was originally from a movie 'Rescue at Midnight Castle' his main power source in the movie was the "Rainbow of Darkness".... seeing how the friendship blast is made up of a rainbow, it would be interesting if those clones some how lead to Tirek getting ahold of a 'dark friendship blast' or something to that effect.

So movie on, I will say that Queen Chrisilis is STILL the running champ of most encounters before getting reformed.  Seriously all the others, have a maximum of 2.   As for the villians still out there, it really depends as Tirek could be the only villain that fits the mold of still able to be reformed  the others well...  King Sombra… Don't even know what happened to him.. I mean did he die?  Is it assumed?  *shrug*.  Storm King, is assumed dead but it's a cartoon and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone die as a statue... only for said pieces to be reassembled and un-statuefy to bring him back.    And finally, the 'darkness' that enslaved the pony of shadows... Which you could see as the Pony of Shadow's getting reformed... or said darkness, that he got is still out there.

But back to the episode.  I did enjoy how Twilight was brought more into the folds here as she was invited ont eh camping trip instead of simply not being around... I had thought this would result into something more at the end of this episode but it's not impossible for it to do something later.  I still say that maybe she'll be getting (eventually) the element of 'forgiveness' I mean, look our quickly she forgave the 'Crysalis in disguise' for being late?  Yeah there's more to it but still.. I feel that would be her element.

I did enjoy the interactions with the Mean 6.  Especially when they intertwined with the others... granted, I wonder why Chrsalis didn't see that coming... or why she reverted their personalities?  or was that a side effect of the spell... I dunno.   And funny how I think only 1 of the ponies even pointed out one of the mean 6 looked a bit different.  yet Starlight or Rarity didn't notice Liar-Jack's green appled cutie mark?  I mean I can half way seen the other cutie marks but that one really stood out imo.  (Still not sure how Twilight Snarkle's cutie mark was different.)

Anyways, Like I said, I enjoyed the episode, as it even showed that they could get underneath each others skins at times... just alas my expectations for the episode made me not enjoy it more than. :/

• Brohoof 1

Well... That certainly was an episode... I guess? It didn't really go anywhere other than retreading the old trope that revolves around evil duplicates causing unforeseen shenanigans. I'll give Chrysalis credit for being way more complex in character than she has previously been and that desperation can be quite the powerful motivator for a villain to follow.

A few more things about this episode.

1. The Meanies were completely hilarious, and Vogel earns credit for not making each of them Discorded replicas. Rainbow Dash was lazy instead of deluded, Pinkie was super bored, and Twilight was hilariously manipulative.

But to talk about Snarkle, her lines were absolutely golden. She knew exactly how to push the right buttons to whoever she conversed with, especially Chrysalis. Her chemistry with Chryssie in particular was splendid — knowing what to say to get on her nerves and make QC depend on her. You can really tell how much fun Vogel had with Snarkle.

2. Starlight was great. Her immense distaste for camping and struggling with the equipment on her back made for some really nice slapstick. You can really see the discomfort, exhaustion, and overall lack of enjoyment on her face.

3. The fight makes sense. From the opening line, Twilight was on edge. She was so anxious to get to the campsite that she wanted everyone to get there ASAP and got really cross with Pinkie for starting, stopping, and nearly kicking her in the muzzle. The RM7 were tense since entering the forest, so it's easy to see why they mistook the Meanie for their friend.
  • Brohoof 7

11 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

The Meanies were completely hilarious, and Vogel earns credit for not making each of them Discorded replicas. Rainbow Dash was lazy instead of deluded, Pinkie was super bored, and Twilight was hilariously manipulative.

But to talk about Snarkle, her lines were absolutely golden. She knew exactly how to push the right buttons to whoever she conversed with, especially Chrysalis. Her chemistry with Chryssie in particular was splendid — knowing what to say to get on her nerves and make QC depend on her. You can really tell how much fun Vogel had with Snarkle.

I have wanted to see a "corrupted/mean" Twilight Sparkle for years & this episode did not disappoint, IMO. 

• Brohoof 1

Hello everyone.

I didn't particularly like this episode, nor did I dislike it.

The concept is ok, showing how a group of friends can handle a crisis and overcome it, while a group of selfish people are not likely to avoid a crisis even with the same goal in mind.

I liked the return of the discorded mane 5 (plus discorded Twilight), but the gimmick got old very quickly. Most of the episode is trying to revive the same joke over and over and it was not funny.

The return of Chrysalis is nice, and I liked the contrast between her and Starlight. With her group of discorded mane 6, Chrysalis had a very bad time even when she thought she was just about to finish the last step to have her revenge. At the same time Starlight, who hates camping, had at the end a good time because she was among friends. A nice contrast that didn't need a whole episode to make its point in my opinion.

Overall it's an episode I don't think I'll be rewatching a lot, nothing to dislike, but mostly boring and pointless.