Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Like or Dislike?  

108 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Twilight Snarkle: "Imbeciles, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Boredie Pie: "Bored. Bored. Bored!" ("I dislike it!")
    • Pinkie: "Last one to the Tre of Harmony is a parasprite! Woo-hoo!" Twilight: *grumbled sigh* ("…meh…")
    • Rarihoard: *jumps into wagon* "This is mine! And this as well! Oh, and this is absolutely mine!" ("I like it!")
    • Pinkie: *laugh* "This was…the worst…day…ever!" ("I LOVE IT!" <3)
  2. 2. Which Mean Six did you enjoy most?

• Liarjack
    • Rarihoard
    • Flutterbrute
    • Lazy Dash
    • Bordie Pie
    • Twilight Snarkle

I'm pretty mad at the episode for bringing back Chrysalis.

Then doing stuff with the Mane 6

Then... Not having them see each other the entire episode. Seriously?

(edited)

CHRYSALIS: I'M BACK, BRONIES!!

Great episode! I enjoyed seeing how clever Chrysalis was (or, at least how she THOUGHT she was clever), and how the clones caused the Mane 6 to turn on each other. But that speech Twilight gave near the end was GOLDEN, as well as how she switched up to being reasonable from the already high-strung emotional clash. As a person who (admittedly) is very prone to emotional breakdowns and clashes, this was really resonating for me. I will definitely look back to it a couple times to remind myself to be a more rational person in the future when dealing with other people.

Chrysalis's method of creating Mane 6 clones was very interesting, and reminded me a lot of Jurassic Park and hackers with social engineering. Think of it:

Chrysalis = Hacker

Mane 6's Photos = ID and passwords to server containing powerful data and tools

Starlight = Tech genius who exposed hacker

Tree of Harmony = Server

Elements = Powerful data and tools

Chrysalis disguised herself and went in (rather excessively eagerly, which an experienced person would immediately find suspicious), obtained the server passwords and ID entry information (photos) (AKA Social engineering), and used it to create fake IDs to gain access to the server. But because the server has a thick firewall, it (not only) blocked the fake ID and passwords, it destroyed them!

Having biological components of the Mane 6's hair was a lot like having tiny bits of dinosaur DNA (from the mosquitos) to replicate the dino species.

Edited by Wiz Ahmad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 10:55 PM, Truffles said:

I've seen this train of thought in a few reviews now, and the more I hear it the more I like it. If they really aren't dead but simply in a dehydrated state of suspended animation, then it's plausible a strong rain could create puddles in the ToH cave and cause them to suddenly regrow back to life - and now not only out to rule Equestria, but get revenge on Chrysalis. (There seems to be a web of revenge going on if that's the case, lol)

I will say this: If this was just a pause and we haven't seen the last of the Mean 6 yet and there will be a final showdown with the Mane 6 someday, then a lot of the frustration I had about the ending will fade away.

Upon thinking about Fluttershy further, I'm trying to figure out why was she actually lost period. Instead of walking in circles after she rescued the baby bird, why didn't she fly straight up well above the tree line and look around for her friends? If the forest canopy was too thick, then she had two prominent geographical landmarks nearby to allow her to get her bearings - the Castle of the Two Sisters and Twilight's castle.

She already knew the destination of the retreat and should have remembered TCotWS is where the ToH is located, so flying there would have made the most sense. If she was too scared to be alone, she should have flown back to Twilight's castle and had Spike (with his handy new wings) come back with her to help locate the others. But I suppose there's no story if she does either of those things.

It makes me think the episode would have worked better if it took place almost entirely in the Castle of the Two Sisters to begin with. Instead of Chrysalis thinking the ToH is "somewhere in these woods," she could have thought (and had good reason to) the ToH was somewhere in that castle. And instead of the story covering the Mane 6 + Starlight trekking to the retreat, they'd already be there and the Mean 6 would wander in and out of scenes like they did in the actual episode, except it would be the castle and not the Everfree.

That's treading a little on "Castle-Mania," I suppose, but the point would be to create misunderstandings instead of scares. And really if the mix-ups are following a similar theme, what difference would a change of location make, anyway? Besides, I wouldn't mind seeing it revisited again since it seems to have been mostly forgotten after S4.

I imagine because it's in the middle of the Everfree, any pony who actually does happen to know where the ToH is located probably doesn't want to risk getting eaten by a roc, hydra, or cragadile. Though like I said in my comments, the Everfree wasn't particularly dangerous for some reason on this outing.

Glad you like the idea. I can imagine a huge amount of trouble for the Mane 6 if the Mean 6 are mistaken for them again, especially if Mean Twilight figured out Alicorns are princesses and proceeded to try to take over Equestria for herself. Another theory I had was that if the Elements of Harmony have been corrupted as some reviewers across the fandom have suggested(DR Wolf etc), what if when the Mane 6 attempted to use the Elements again they got the bad traits of the Mean 6 sucked into them from the magic the elements sucked out of the clones, and became the Mean 6 themselves leading to perhaps the Student 6 or the Pilars having to turn the Mane 6 good again? That would be one doozy of a finale. 

I too was really disappointed Fluttershy did not just fly up as soon as she saw Rainbow Dash's evil clown flying around. I guess the writers figured her fear made her forget she could fly. 

btw, Neat comparison of the leaked and official endings for anybody who is interested.

Edited by StitchandMLPlover
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I really liked how the episode was kind of a giant call back to the season 2 premiere. I liked it overall, but for an episode which featured Chrysalis as a villain, they really didn't do much with her. That felt disappointing, but most of the episode was good.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, something important that I totally forgot in my main post.

So, Pinkie, it took you four seasons, but I think you finally made up for what a bitch you were to Fluttershy in Filli Vanilli.

1784641605_PinkieHug.thumb.jpg.1cb1bbef0064f953e67e28c42995f355.jpg

So....

...I forgive you.

• Brohoof 4

I really liked this episode! I loved how it seemed to tread a line between an epic villian episode and a slice of life story. I feel like it's mainly a set up for a super crazy episode in the future! I really want to see the mean Twilight again. I would say she could be the most dangerous villian so far in the series.

Here's hoping for a short hiatus!

• Brohoof 2

It's been a long time since I enjoyed an episode this much. Perhaps my favorite thematic execution was the juxtaposition of 'slice of life' and 'adventure' in this one episode. Chrysalis's presence and the clones obviously give callbacks to previous adventures such as The Return of Harmony and A Canterlot Wedding. However, the idea of an innocent retreat gives the feeling of an average slice of life episode, complete with its own friendship lesson. Heh, I almost expected Twilight to end the episode with the declaration of "Dear Princess Celestia".

I also really liked how nothing was actually resolved, especially after that nightmare fuel of an ending. The friendship lesson itself leaves a weird taste in your mouth because there are elements of the episode that we, the audience, are aware of that the Mane Six are not. As others have mentioned, Pinkie outright stating that she never said that Twilight's retreats are boring and Rarity rebuking Applejack's accusation of theft are never elaborated upon even though we saw both of those events transpire. It was, admittedly, frustrating at times to see the Mane Six so oblivious, but we're biased as the audience because we have perceptions and knowledge that they don't. To them, the idea that there are evil clones of everyone messing everyone's day up was probably the last possible explanation for the day's events that could've entered their minds. At the tail end of the episode, the Mane Six discover their campsite destroyed, but laugh it off and start to rebuild. Twilight confidently declares "If we can survive a day like this, I think our friendship is strong enough to handle anything the world can throw at us." Damn it, Twilight, why you do dat? The episode ends on a positive note. Laughter, a light and fun musical flourish, the pan upwards to a beautiful night sky; everything we've seen before. But again, it leaves a weird taste in your mouth because we saw some major shit go down, and it was never resolved. It almost leaves a sense of foreboding for the future, poignantly punctuated by Chrysalis flying off into the distance.

As for the Mean Six, well, they were a lot of fun to say the least. It was very easy to tell that each voice actress in the episode had a tremendous amount of fun recording and that made us have a lot of fun as we were watching. They're often compared to the Mane Six when 'discorded' in The Return of Harmony, a clearly obvious callback, but they were different, if only subtly. Discorded Dash was disloyal to the point of running away. Mean Dash was lazy, which caused her to not be interested in lifting a hoof to help her friend. Discorded Fluttershy poked at her friends and wanted to make their lives that much more difficult. Mean Fluttershy, true to her name, wanted to watch the world burn and do what she could to fan the flames. Discorded Applejack was a notoriously bad liar, seeming almost compelled against her will to lie, complete with her own facial tic that further gave her away. Mean Applejack was confident and more subtle with her lying, almost as if she knew what she was doing and did it just because she enjoyed it. Discorded Rarity selfishly held close a single object that she was made to believe was the most beautiful, valuable thing in the universe. Mean Rarity horded literally everything she got her hooves and magic on, even something as mundane as a stick used to hold up a tent was not beyond her clutches. Discorded Pinkie was angry at the world for perceiving everyone to be laughing at her and not with her. Mean Pinkie was completely apathetic and bored with everything and everyone around her. Discorded Twilight, for the brief time she was shone, was in total despair and had completely turned away from the magic of friendship. Mean Twilight was conniving, manipulative, cocky; she would betray anyone, probably including her own fellow clones, for the sake of power. The discorded Mane Six existed as the inverse of their individual elemental attribute while the Mean Six existed as the inverse of individual that they each were made in the image of.

The color schemes of the Mean Six were a tad different than their discorded counterparts as well. They're desaturated, but not in the same way. Some colors are shifted just a tad and lightened up while others, such as Mean Twilight's eyes, were nearly completely different than normal. I think it's just a further visual element that they ain't quite right. This is also subtly punctuated by the appearances of their cutie marks. Mean Dash's cutie mark was upside down, showing that instead of active and energetic, this Dash is slow and lazy. Mean Fluttershy's cutie mark colors are inverted, showing that she's now the total opposite of who she's modeled after. Mean Applejack's cutie mark has the apples shift from red to green, showing that she's become a 'sour apple'. Mean Rarity's cutie mark is darker and more dull, showing that this is the tarnished version of the beautiful gem we all know and love. Mean Pinkie's cutie mark has the center balloon placed below the other two instead of above, showing how deflated she's become. Mean Twilight's cutie mark has the center star become entirely magenta instead of magenta with smaller, white, secondary spikes; a... well, dark foreshadowing of what would happen to the center star on the Tree of Harmony.

Speaking of the Tree of Harmony... holy shit. That was intense. And the thing I think is the most insanely fucked up, aside from the scene playing out entirely in all its twisted detail, is the fact that this is the first time we've ever seen the Tree, and by extension the Elements, take a life. In fact, I always thought it was out of the Elements' power to destroy as the closest they've ever come is neutralizing Discord by turning him to stone. I have to wonder, did the Elements react so violently against what could be seen as twisted perversions of their own bearers, or were they corrupted? I tend to think that the Elements were corrupted, they didn't lash out against the Mean Six until after they were all hit by that flash of darkness. Then when they did lash out, their magic connected to the Element of Magic in the same way they did when the Chest of Harmony or when the chest was opened. But instead of soft and wavy, the lines were sharp and jagged. Instead of filled with colorful rainbows, the lines were filled with nothing but black. We can't help but wonder just what the hell we watched go down. I get it, the Mean Six were simply copies of the Mane Six and the Tree neutralized the threat to harmony by getting rid of the perverted, abdominal insults to their bearers. Nevertheless, the Mean Six were still living, sentient creatures. They were alive, and the Tree killed them. This was something that the Elements had never done before, not even to Discord himself. Regardless for the reason, a line was crossed here and I think it means something.

All in all, I found this episode really fun and it gave so much to think about. I really look forward to seeing what the rest of season eight has to offer.

(edited)

Chrysalis shows that a Changeling can transform and create items along with it like a working camera.

As for the elements of Harmony, the Mean 6 presence seems to have tainted the elements leading them to absorb the fakes and will likely have major effects linked to the entire kingdom.

If anything the magic used to create the fakes could in essence give the Element of Harmony tree, life with a body.

Edited by Singe

This was a surprising episode. I didn't expect to see Chrysalis in the mid season finale. Similar to Discord's return in Season 3 except he was (mostly) reformed. Using evil doppelgangers of the Mane 6 to steal the Elements of Harmony was a good idea in theory, however, they weren't attuned to those Elements at all so the Tree of Harmony took their lives.

Liarjack's elaborate lies were actually kind of funny, especially the one about the secret password. The Mean 6's interactions with the Mane 7 caused chaos and misunderstandings between the Mane 7 but it was nice to see them resolve their problems even if they didn't really come to the correct conclusion for why these misunderstanding occurred. I think in the season finale, Chrysalis will return once more and the Mane 7 will find out about her failed plan then. Twilight's line about their friendship being strong enough to take on the world and the end scene where Chrysalis flies towards the moon might be foreshadowing for that.

I can't predict what will happen to Chrysalis. Starlight would probably object to destroying or banishing her and I don't think she can be redeemed so easily. The Changeling Kingdom has a new ruler now so there's not really any place for her right now. Makes me think, if Starlight were with the Mane 6 in Season 4, that the Tirek fight would've ended very differently. We've seen with ponies in the past like Zesty that sometimes friendship doesn't work and the only option at the time is to oppose them. Unless the show has a redemption planned for her in the future, I doubt it.

It was interesting how the Tree of Harmony reacted to the Mean 6. Like it knew they weren't genuine. It reminds me of the Cutie Map, always knowing when and where a friendship problem will occur, somehow. Either these ancient artifacts are sentient or they have some kind of complex magical programming. Who knows? Maybe Starswirl The Bearded.

I kinda liked this episode, I don't really have many thoughts on it but it was fun seeing the alter-egos from the season 2 premier again alongside a new plotting and backstabbing "twilight".

cool seeing new changling Magic.

overall i I liked it even if nothing really happened, maby we'll see the return of the mean six at the finale.

(edited)

For the episode itself or the future of this plot, I've seen some nice ideas. I would too like the Mean Twilight to return but I'm not sure it would happen with this ending. A possible plot would have been - the Mean 6 go on their own, in a different episode the Mane 6 capture or defeat one of the Mean, until they get to Chrysalis. Chrysalis reformed would be a bit meh for me too unless it happened at the very end of the show if she is the only way to defeat some other big villain.

There are so many new worlds and the Pillars being more powerful that the Mane 6 already lose some of their role. The hyppogryph kindgom, the dragons, the yaks, the gryphons, the changelings and more, there are so many worlds never threatened by big villains, It would be nice to have some big battles with the support of other races and perhaps more than one villain. Maybe it is a common plot to have a league of villains but it would be cool, and if they are actually threatening than joke and clowns. Maybe in Season 9 if final.

Edited by ImpctR
  • Brohoof 1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Singe said:

Chrysalis shows that a Changeling can transform and create items along with it like a working camera.

As for the elements of Harmony, the Mean 6 presence seems to have tainted the elements leading them to absorb the fakes and will likely have major effects linked to the entire kingdom.

If anything the magic used to create the fakes could in essence give the Element of Harmony tree, life with a body.

What makes you think they were tainted?

(edited)
5 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

What makes you think they were tainted?

The elements turned a dark color for a moment. That's usually a sign of being tainted. The melting of the Mean 6 could mean the dark magic was drained into the elements.

Edited by Singe

31 minutes ago, Singe said:

The elements turned a dark color for a moment. That's usually a sign of being tainted. The melting of the Mean 6 could mean the dark magic was drained into the elements.

Or it could mean it was a warning sign, showing that the Mean 6 weren't the Mane 6, and the Tree of Harmony simply destroyed them, rather than absorbing dark magic.

• Brohoof 4

Chrysalis was a complete surprise to me. I never expected her to try and go after the Mane 6 again. I guess she's still obsessed in defeating Twilight and her friends lol. Other than that, the Mean 6 was pretty great. It was pretty amusing to see Twilight Snarkle know about Chrysalis' plans. It reveals that the mean Twilight wanted the other copies to do their own thing. Another thing was that the real Mane 6 didn't notice that they were dealing with copies when see them in a negative mood and non of real 6 didn't even notice it. They took it as "that's *insert name here.*" 

Other than that, this episode is a case of a comeback gone wrong. 

9 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Or it could mean it was a warning sign, showing that the Mean 6 weren't the Mane 6, and the Tree of Harmony simply destroyed them, rather than absorbing dark magic.

It can go either way. Having the elements of harmony react to the Mean 6 can have a future consequence later on.

(edited)

And now I'm all caught up.

Some interesting things here.

1) Evil-Twilight rather easily drives Chrysalis back. Is Chrysalis weaker without love to feed on like she had when facing Twilight or is Twilight just that strong when she stops holding back.

2) Interesting contrast of Evil-Twilght and Chrysalis vs Twilght and Celesita relationships. One seeks to supplant and rule in her stead the other bends over backwards to do something nice.

3) Rather worryingly what happened to the mean 5. Most people seem to assume evil clones tried tapping the elements of harmony and got . . . dealt with. Me I'm with the group wondering if it was more absorbtion as in that flahs of black was the initial corruption then the tree sucked up all that negative dark nature and is now slowly rotting from the inside.

Surprised the animals couldn't smell a difference between the Fluttershy's or thought there were two similar ponies roaming around since there wasn't just one.

Odd that none of the mane 6 and Starlight picked up on something odd. Fluttershy saying Dash left her alone in the woods when Applejack know's they were always together, Applejack and Dash commenting on the lost camping gear but not Rarity swinging wildly between "Its all mine" and normal, no one picking up the others are referencing conversations they don't remember having, especially a fashion designer like Rarity picking up on Evil-Applejack's paler colour but not the fact her cutie mark had gone from red to green.

Also odd that Dash'stail hair shades from red to violet like a rainbow but her actual tail is solid vertical stripes of colour. Still that tail has been odd since S1E1 considering the number of times Applejack and other ponies have yanked or pulled her by it the tail should have been torn out by the roots at this stage.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Senko said:

And now I'm all caught up.

Some interesting things here.

1) Evil-Twilight rather easily drives Chrysalis back. Is Chrysalis weaker without love to feed on like she had when facing Twilight or is Twilight just that strong when she stops holding back.

2) Interesting contrast of Evil-Twilght and Chrysalis vs Twilght and Celesita relationships. One seeks to supplant and rule in her stead the other bends over backwards to do something nice.

3) Rather worryingly what happened to the mean 5. Most people seem to assume evil clones tried tapping the elements of harmony and got . . . dealt with. Me I'm with the group wondering if it was more absorbtion as in that flahs of black was the initial corruption then the tree sucked up all that negative dark nature and is now slowly rotting from the inside.

Surprised the animals couldn't smell a difference between the Fluttershy's or thought there were two similar ponies roaming around since there wasn't just one.

Odd that none of the mane 6 and Starlight picked up on something odd. Fluttershy saying Dash left her alone in the woods when Applejack know's they were always together, Applejack and Dash commenting on the lost camping gear but not Rarity swinging wildly between "Its all mine" and normal, no one picking up the others are referencing conversations they don't remember having, especially a fashion designer like Rarity picking up on Evil-Applejack's paler colour but not the fact her cutie mark had gone from red to green.

Also odd that Dash'stail hair shades from red to violet like a rainbow but her actual tail is solid vertical stripes of colour. Still that tail has been odd since S1E1 considering the number of times Applejack and other ponies have yanked or pulled her by it the tail should have been torn out by the roots at this stage.

Chrysalis gets more powerful the more love she eats. As humans, we eat food and feel full, but eventually, that feeling goes and we feel hungry and weak again. Basically, the same thing happened here. Chrysalis got super amped up in ACW, enough so to match and beat Celestia, but shortly after she ran out of love, and is now hardly even a threat on her own. Had this been Chrysalis from season 2, she would have obliterated Twilight without a second thought. Twilight is still not more powerful or even on par with Celestia despite what some people believe. One of the reasons I really enjoy this episode is how we really see the fall of Chrysalis, she was once the most powerful active being in the MLP universe. Dethroning Celestia, and now she has to scavenge and survive, her once great power ripped away from her, she had a beam struggle with Celestia and won. Now she attempts to do the same to Twilight and is overpowered so effortlessly. Chrysalis is a better villain for this.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

Chrysalis gets more powerful the more love she eats. As humans, we eat food and feel full, but eventually, that feeling goes and we feel hungry and weak again. Basically, the same thing happened here. Chrysalis got super amped up in ACW, enough so to match and beat Celestia, but shortly after she ran out of love, and is now hardly even a threat on her own. Had this been Chrysalis from season 2, she would have obliterated Twilight without a second thought. Twilight is still not more powerful or even on par with Celestia despite what some people believe. One of the reasons I really enjoy this episode is how we really see the fall of Chrysalis, she was once the most powerful active being in the MLP universe. Dethroning Celestia, and now she has to scavenge and survive, her once great power ripped away from her, she had a beam struggle with Celestia and won. Now she attempts to do the same to Twilight and is overpowered so effortlessly. Chrysalis is a better villain for this.

True but I made my point badly there. Very badly looking back at the post hazards of rushing a bit through the last season combined with my current debate over how an Alicorn works and whether they're inherently stronger or just more diverse. That is we've never really seen their power in use. Celestia hasn't to my knowledge fought anyone except Chrysalis in a stand up ongoing fight and Daybreaker/Nightmare Moon the dream scape where she was learning how to use Luna's powers. Cadence has only used shields against Sombra. Luna has only fought in the realm of dreams and her big battle there was when she was using a portion of her power to keep all of Ponyville in a shared dream. Twilight has fought on a lot of occasions but usually she's either tapping the power of friendship and the elements of harmony or there's some other circumstance e.g. all the other Alicorns combined their powers in her.

Other than that all we're really able to go on is things that can be read in different way's e.g. does Celestia raising the sun mean she's as powerful as Starswirl and 5 other Unicorns while the Pony of Shadow's comment means Twilight is a little weaker than Starswirl and 6+ times weaker than Celestia. Or does it mean Celestia has a special gift represented by her cutie mark allowing her to raise the sun with far less effort and Twilight was holding back because she's generally a nice pony who doesn't like to hurt others. Which comes back to my current curiosity and I think I shall make a seperate thread for it to get some feedback.

Your right Chrysalis was weaker without Shining Armour to feed on but was she that much weaker or is she weaker but Twilight was holding back a lot herself in most of her fights? We just don't have any real independant feats to go on that I can think of because we've no idea how much effort different spells and techniques take.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i really liked how chrysalis was portrayed so different from what we're used to,but not without reason.her hive's betrayal hit her hard and it really shows in this episode,she may have been a vilain from the pony perspective,but to them she was a mother and truly cared for them

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, Honestly you could take the premise of the season 2 premiere, apply it to this episode and replace Discord with Chrysalis and that pretty much sums it up to a lesser degree. Just done worse and felt lazy imo. Nothing really new, I liked Chrysalis's approach but the execution felt way off to the point it felt she was making up stuff on the fly. Not even gonna touch on the whole subject of how none of the Mane 7 could tell the difference between them and the copies.

• Brohoof 1

This episode was pretty awesome. It's great to see Chrysalis again, but it's pretty interesting to see her so early in the season. We usually don't get a villain until right around the end of the season, but this was cool to see. It was crazy that Chrysalis was able to create her own mane 6 from pictures and a lock of their manes. I remember she said there's a spell, but I wonder what kind of spell could do such a thing, as well as who came up with that spell. It was cool to see the Mane 7 going camping near the tree of harmony. I also liked the callbacks that Pinkie made when she told evil Twilight about the elements. Each of the Mean 6 were pretty interesting and entertaining, as well. I thought they would be loyal to Chrysalis, but it was nice to see they had their own personalities and differences in the element they represent. I liked how Rarity is using her past lesson on camping for this episode. It was interesting to see that Starlight had never gone camping before and not being interested with camping at the end of the episode. I felt bad for her when she had to carry all her camping gear as she looked to be having a difficult time, throughout the episode. It was something to see when the Mean 6 tried to take the elements of harmony. I was surprised when the elements responded to the Mean 6 and decided to absorb them. That scene was a little disturbing, since I didn't expect the show to go that far, in my opinion. All in all, I really liked the episode. The comedic moments were really good and I thought the moral was pretty good, as well. I hope we get to see Chrysalis again sometime soon in this season. 

On 7/16/2018 at 5:04 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

This episode was pretty awesome. It's great to see Chrysalis again, but it's pretty interesting to see her so early in the season. We usually don't get a villain until right around the end of the season, but this was cool to see. It was crazy that Chrysalis was able to create her own mane 6 from pictures and a lock of their manes. I remember she said there's a spell, but I wonder what kind of spell could do such a thing, as well as who came up with that spell. It was cool to see the Mane 7 going camping near the tree of harmony. I also liked the callbacks that Pinkie made when she told evil Twilight about the elements. Each of the Mean 6 were pretty interesting and entertaining, as well. I thought they would be loyal to Chrysalis, but it was nice to see they had their own personalities and differences in the element they represent. I liked how Rarity is using her past lesson on camping for this episode. It was interesting to see that Starlight had never gone camping before and not being interested with camping at the end of the episode. I felt bad for her when she had to carry all her camping gear as she looked to be having a difficult time, throughout the episode. It was something to see when the Mean 6 tried to take the elements of harmony. I was surprised when the elements responded to the Mean 6 and decided to absorb them. That scene was a little disturbing, since I didn't expect the show to go that far, in my opinion. All in all, I really liked the episode. The comedic moments were really good and I thought the moral was pretty good, as well. I hope we get to see Chrysalis again sometime soon in this season. 

Kind of exactly what has been on my mind since I watched this episode, honestly if Chrysalis was capable of devising such magic, why wouldnt she create an entire artifical army of replacements? maybe out of fear that the same thing done by Twilight would happen but in greater numbers, was she only able to do this "because" they are wielders of the elements.. It seemed like a very good idea with a lot of holes in it in hindsight, if you really want to look at all of her endeavors, which honestly, some seemed fullproof, others seemed like the writing was just patched up, explaining all otherwise plot rendering interferences... I actually was thinking about this exact thing this morning, well I was thinking more along the lines of, what magic is there that we dont know about or if we will have more return villains. Chrysalis may be a running thing now, I think reforming her at this point is fruitless, but it is interesting to see that Starlight, has her own rival, and that is more or less Chrysalis's main foe.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, Aquaflame said:

Kind of exactly what has been on my mind since I watched this episode, honestly if Chrysalis was capable of devising such magic, why wouldnt she create an entire artifical army of replacements? maybe out of fear that the same thing done by Twilight would happen but in greater numbers, was she only able to do this "because" they are wielders of the elements.. It seemed like a very good idea with a lot of holes in it in hindsight, if you really want to look at all of her endeavors, which honestly, some seemed fullproof, others seemed like the writing was just patched up, explaining all otherwise plot rendering interferences... I actually was thinking about this exact thing this morning, well I was thinking more along the lines of, what magic is there that we dont know about or if we will have more return villains. Chrysalis may be a running thing now, I think reforming her at this point is fruitless, but it is interesting to see that Starlight, has her own rival, and that is more or less Chrysalis's main foe.

That does make sense when you put it that way. Plus, the clones Chrysalis had created seemed to have all of the abilities and traits the mane 6 have. Seeing how Chrysalis was almost overpowered by evil Twilight. I guess maybe since the clones she made could possibly wield the elements, then she could have the advantage of the mane 7. That makes sense that she didn't make many clones in fear of being betrayed. I guess she felt there are trust issues now that she lost her hive of changelings and the clones she created. I could see Chrysalis doing this plan again, but making it more refined, so there won't be many drawbacks to using said spell. I know I keep telling others this and it might not happen, but I keep thinking back to the episode, "It's About Time." When present Twilight asked about an epic pony war in the distant future. I feel that somehow in the grand finale of the series there would be an epic pony war lead by a returning villain. It just feels like this episode could be a prequel to a future event that has yet to appear. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad