Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who's more interested in getting in Equestria, but in the future?

Steve Piranha

Let me explain: FIM is a favorite show for many of us. We like their world enough for many of us wishing to live there, marrying their pony waifus and everything; just usual stuff. However, I've noticed most want to do so with the present Equestria, while I'd love to be in Equestria many years after. I have a preference to see a world the Mane6 and friends helped shape, and I'd rather be a son rather than a husband to any Mane6 for example.

So why is this? It is due to the greaer familiarity the present provides is more appealing than a future one can't predict? Which is basically a new world?

Well the scariest thing is the unknown, and it's satisfying to see the aftermath of hard work, so a generation's worth would be very impressive. I'd like to visit Equestria, I'm rather fond of the human body, the internet, and life as I know it. It may not be perfect but neither is Equestria and there's a lot I don't want to give up.

Side note, most of you would be banned from Equestria or thrown into a jail cell for harassing the mane 6.

• Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

Side note, most of you would be banned from Equestria or thrown into a jail cell for harassing the mane 6.

That is definitely right! LOL

For me, the future of Equestria is quite interesting. Like, what will Ponyville looks like in the future, what new technology they will have in the future, or will their government system change from monarchy to democracy. These are my interest about future Equestria.

But being the main 6 son or daughter, I don't feel like I want to

• Brohoof 1

The idea is interesting. We have enough material to understand how present Equestria works, but the future of it is only something we can really speculate. It could be completely different for all we know, because even one significant event could change the entire scope of the world.

• 2 years later...

I'd be interested in using my technical skills to help bring Equestria into the future.

A simple way to prove myself would be to design some piece of assistive tech for Scootaloo (say, and upgraded version of Wind Sock's glider from comic issue 81) - once she's airborne, I'd be in the good graces of Rainbow Dash and by extension the Mane Six in general. From there, I'm sure Twilight could point me towards a nice engineering job.

Plus I noticed a number of examples of combining magic and technology (Tank's backpack, the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Kerfluffle's leg) - if I could get myself a unicorn body, it'd be fun to see what I could come up with there.