Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Should only Josh Harber be allowed to write Spike episodes

Dragulia

I feel that only he should write them, if someone else tries to they should have there pitch scraped and sent back. 

Spoiler

Josh Harber wrote Molt Down and let me just say, he writes Spike the best.

Just my opinion 

He wrote Spike just once. Other writers did a great job with him, like the Lady Writers, and the ones who wrote Times Are Changeling!

I think if Nicole Dubuc or Vogel were given the chance, they might write Spike awesome too! Also Nick Confalone does great Spike episodes too! Just don't give Spike to a writer that doesn't know Spike as well as these veteran writers do!

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

He wrote Spike just once. Other writers did a great job with him, like the Lady Writers, and the ones who wrote Times Are Changeling!

I think if Nicole Dubuc or Vogel were given the chance, they might write Spike awesome too! Also Nick Confalone does great Spike episodes too! Just don't give Spike to a writer that doesn't know Spike as well as these veteran writers do!

That's fair, good point.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know what it is with Spike episodes, but all the others just made fun of him, and I suppose this one is pretty good actually.

Most of the writers who wrote him the past few seasons wrote him really well, not just Josh

• Brohoof 4

Have not seen the new one. I think Haber is one of the better writers the show has had, but others have written Spike episodes I've enjoyed a lot, so I'm not sure I see the point of this. 

(edited)

Hell no! Haber should NEVER be allowed to write or story edit. S8 so far is a disaster comparable to S6 because this guy don't care how mane6 are portrayed. Bronies should boycott this guy long time ago and place Confalone or Lady Writers as permanent story tellers.

Edited by Conred

10 minutes ago, Conred said:

Hell no! Haber should NEVER be allowed to write or story edit. S8 so far is a disaster comparable to S6 because this guy don't care how mane6 are portrayed. Bronies should boycott this guy long time ago and place Confalone or Lady Writers as permanent story tellers.

Agree to disagree 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dragulia said:

Agree to disagree 

Spoiler

Just because Meghan allowed him to give Spike wings doesn't mean he is a good writer. Newbie Dash writer made a terrible episode even if he was given the premise of making Dash into official WOnderbolt. Give Spike to comepetent writers IN ADDITION to letting them develop major elements of the character. Stop praising a hacj who will butcher the show for 90% of time only to pander with pair of wings that SPike should get 3 seasons ago.

Edited by PathfinderCS

Please be careful with spoilers. Remember to hide any leaked info in a spoiler tag.

Cheers!

On 5/19/2018 at 10:14 AM, Conred said:
  Hide contents

Just because Meghan allowed him to give Spike wings doesn't mean he is a good writer. Newbie Dash writer made a terrible episode even if he was given the premise of making Dash into official WOnderbolt. Give Spike to comepetent writers IN ADDITION to letting them develop major elements of the character. Stop praising a hacj who will butcher the show for 90% of time only to pander with pair of wings that SPike should get 3 seasons ago.

Your opinion is not law and I happen to think Haber is a fantastic writer but a mediocre story editor. Though to say bronies should boycott the guy because you don't like the episodes of this TVY girls cartoon that he wrote is kind of ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

No, I don't think stunting creativity to a single writer and giving no one else a shot is a good idea.

Well hey, Spike had a huge role in the recent episode and was actually kinda decent. Also not written by Haber. 

• Brohoof 3

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, Conred said:

I don't know. He kind of redeemed himself by explaining what happened to Starswirl the Bearded. I thought, at first, that Starswirl simply died.

21 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

I don't know. He kind of redeemed himself by explaining what happened to Starswirl the Bearded. I thought, at first, that Starswirl simply died.

He only ruined his return. Starswirl was implied by the Journal written by Amy Rogers that he stuck in time portal alone, but Josh had to add pointless boring pillars to it and make the story on his own. Haber just take all the cool premises and ruins them. We would have better finale with Starswirl if Larson or Confalone was the story editor for S7

1 minute ago, Conred said:

He only ruined his return. Starswirl was implied by the Journal written by Amy Rogers that he stuck in time portal alone, but Josh had to add pointless boring pillars to it and make the story on his own. Haber just take all the cool premises and ruins them. We would have better finale with Starswirl if Larson or Confalone was the story editor for S7

Meh, you think what you like, and I'll think what I like.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Venomboa said:

Yes, others suck like that worthless writer from Dragon Quest and Spike at your service. 

Dragon Quest was a good episode, Spike at your Service was okay.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Dragon Quest was a speciest episode, Spike at your Service was garbage 

ps, Garble is without a doubt the most horrible designed dragon I've seen. Oh and by the way, dear DHX, it's not the 80's anymore nobody has hair like they do anymore, and bullies today are much worse then before. As for Spike at your service, it's awful, but I won't go further as I've wasted my time on this enough.

Josh Harber is best with Spike so yes, I agree, bar all other writers from Spike episodes.

Edited by Venomboa

Season 7 finale and a couple other slip ups aside, Haber might legitimately be my favourite writer to ever work on this show, so giving him more work is not something I’m opposed to, as long as his efforts aren’t stretched too thin.

Much as I generally enjoy Josh Haber's work, no. Gauntlet of Fire, the episode many agree marked where Spike episodes starting getting really good, wasn't even written by Haber, and all three of the great Spike episodes (at least in the eyes of many Spike fans) that came before Molt Down were each written by different writers. Not to mention how that would be an unfair stifling of diversity in the creative crew.