Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If FireFly Makes A G4 Return in S9, Could you see Sandy Duncan Repisng Her Voice

bwrosas

I could. I mean she got refencend once in the series, so it only makes that she may make a apperacnce soon. Maybe Season 9? What do you think?  By the way Sandy was Firefly's Original voice in G1.

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What as like a Granny Firefly now? That'd be super cute. XD

1 minute ago, ggg-2 said:

No, Sandy Duncan would be way too expensive.

More expensive than William Shatner?

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

What as like a Granny Firefly now? That'd be super cute. XD

More expensive than William Shatner?

No Just Firefly.

4 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

No, Sandy Duncan would be way too expensive.

How? This ain't 1980! She did make a guest appearance on SVU a few years back so she does guest spots. 

Would also have to be a story told by a character since she has probably gone to that glue factory in the sky. If you are talking retreading the Season 7 finale ... then I'm hard no on wanting to see this. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, bwrosas said:

No Just Firefly.

Well Sandy Duncan is in her 70's now, so if you want her as regular old Firefly, it'll sound a little odd. Also, she was referenced as a Wonderbolts historical figure. I don't remember the entire episode, but I know it was a long time ago. So if you want her to ACTUALLY show up, and not be in a flashback, she'd be quite old by now.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't even know she was still alive. 

But I don't think so. Not because of price but of recognition. Sandy's name doesn't carry the same recognition it used to. It won't generate all that much buzz. The audience, both target and peripheral, probably won't know who she is. 

So it's most likely that Hasbro will either send that money towards a more current celebs way, or pinch their pennies and have a casting call for whatever VAs are looking for work. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I didn't even know she was still alive. 

But I don't think so. Not because of price but of recognition. Sandy's name doesn't carry the same recognition it used to. It won't generate all that much buzz. The audience, both target and peripheral, probably won't know who she is. 

So it's most likely that Hasbro will either send that money towards a more current celebs way, or pinch their pennies and have a casting call for whatever VAs are looking for work. 

Yeah. Go up to someone in their teens and ask them for Tiny Tim's #1 song, Gilda Radner's best known character, or to sing the Dr. Pepper jingle .... and they get those right then they would know Sandy Duncan. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Yeah. Go up to someone in their teens and ask them for Tiny Tim's #1 song, Gilda Radner's best known character, or to sing the Dr. Pepper jingle .... and they get those right then they would know Sandy Duncan. 

I know Sandy Duncan because when I was a little kid, I watched the Scooby Doo episode where she was a guest star. XD

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

I know Sandy Duncan because when I was a little kid, I watched the Scooby Doo episode where she was a guest star. XD

Those were the best Scooby Doo episodes. Harlem Globetrotters and Batman and Robin yo! Also Addams Family. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Those were the best Scooby Doo episodes.

Whoa, I don't know about that, my dude. The classic Scooby Doo monsters are the BEST.

Cooooin... cooooin!!

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Whoa, I don't know about that, my dude. The classic Scooby Doo monsters are the BEST.

Cooooin... cooooin!!

That's crazier than Twilight in Lesson Zero. Next thing you'll tell me is that Sandy Duncan flew through your window saying shes a boy that doesn't want to grow up! 

35 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

We gave our answers and you didn’t reply.

Well, I honestly think she could do the voice.  And would make sense, seeing that she's been referenced in the series, so it would make sense for her to make a appearance in the show, especially if S9 is it for the show. Even if it's in a flashback story.

Just now, bwrosas said:

Well, I honestly think she could do the voice.  And would make sense, seeing that she's been referenced in the series, so it would make sense for her to make a appearance in the show, especially if S9 is it for the show. Even if it's in a flashback story.

I just re-listened to Twilight's lecture, there is no WAY Firefly could be alive in modern Equestria. The Wonderbolts were formed very, very closely after Luna was banished, nearly 1000 years prior. So yeah, a flashback would be the ONLY way to go. Which is fine.

But that still leaves the problem of Sandy Duncan being 34 years older than she was when she was Firefly's voice actress. I think it would me much cooler if General Firefly was still an older mare in any potential flashbacks. You see lots of bad@$$ older dudes in media, it'd be cool to see a bad@$$ older lady in MLP.

How about... I don't know... maybe Kelly Sheridan? But rather than sounding like Starlight, she would sound more like her character Sango from the anime InuYasha:

Or Kelly Metzger, the voice of Spitfire.

• Brohoof 1

I'd take the two Kellys anyday!

One benefit to @ShadOBabe's idea is that it could also introduce the next legendary Wonderbolt that came after Firefly thereby extending the lore further. The old wise legend may be used as an example of the stress of being the first to set something up, and the weight of setting a precedent that will be followed for generations. What if she sees her own ideas were flawed, and is worried they would become intractable traditions? This lesson has untapped story potential. 

4 hours ago, bwrosas said:

please stay on topic

It was all related to Sandy Duncan ... though somewhat more tangentially that you would have preferred ... and you brought her up. Not our fault people don't agree with you 100% or think fondly of her other work outside of MLP.

Sandy Duncan would not be happy you shamed her Scooby Days! That alone would make her not want to sign up. You see what you did? You killed your only chance to have Sandy Duncan reprise her role as Firefly. 

• Brohoof 1