Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crazy Theories

SharpWit

I don't think this one to be true, but I came up with it after coming across this last night

Hypohippus.jpg.bdab3ff6a7212b6af79442e1ae9bc7b8.jpg

Hypohippus ("Low horse") is an extinct genus of three-toed horse, which lived 17–11 million years ago.[1] It was the size of a pony, and fossils of it have been found in Nebraska, Colorado, and Montana

Now maybe the stripes and just artistic interpretation, but Equestria, although less so with somewhat recent alterations to the map, is largely based off of North America. We've never seen another zebra, the initial reaction to Zecora was one of fear and indifference, so she was a completely foreign entity to the residences of Ponyville, and we've been given no indication of a zebraland. But there just so happens to be this extinct horse species that is presented with a zebra like appearance, that inhabited a part of North America. So maybe Zecora's ancestors evolved so that their three toes formed into one and the appearance became more and more like that of a zebra. So since they're a variation of horse and not zebra, that would make them more closely related to ponies possibly which is how Zecora still is able to have a cutie mark but donkeys can't.

Once again, I don't think this is true, but it was fun to think about. What are some crazy theories of yours regarding the show?

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Califorum said:

Maybe they have, it's an interesting idea but mlp is set in a completely different world I believe. Or in some alternate one.

It's actually set in future earth where the human race is extinct. We can see that by the tire and human bones in the love poisen episode.

3 hours ago, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

It's actually set in future earth where the human race is extinct. We can see that by the tire and human bones in the love poisen episode.

Well, why hasn't this been confirmed then? It's hardly a fitting thing for a little girl's show. 

2 hours ago, Califorum said:

Well, why hasn't this been confirmed then? It's hardly a fitting thing for a little girl's show. 

well a post-apocalyptic world was hardly fitting for a show like adventure time but it happened and it went from a dreary backdrop to the major plot point. Though i am a little iffy on it, i believe that ponies could be the result of old human technology that they salvaged and nuclear radiation infused into horses

6 hours ago, kaiser5578 said:

well a post-apocalyptic world was hardly fitting for a show like adventure time but it happened and it went from a dreary backdrop to the major plot point. Though i am a little iffy on it, i believe that ponies could be the result of old human technology that they salvaged and nuclear radiation infused into horses

Fallout 5: Equestria