Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks What about the parents?

Magic_Spark

I think that the only one living alone is Sunset, which would make sense considering she came from the other world. Pinkie Pie, for example, does not live on her own as Maud is shown living with her. I think the parents are there, they just don't make an appearance and aren't mentioned.

• Brohoof 2

The parent of the EQG's? I think they're there, they just aren't really seen because they're not necessarily an important part of the show. I guess in a way you could think of it like Charley Brown, the parents do live in the same houses as their kids, but they're hardly ever even mentioned (And never actually seen) because the parents aren't an important part of the show. 

• Brohoof 3

I suspect that their parents are there but haven't been seen yet as they aren't the main focus of Equestria Girls. Plus, when EQG first started, not all of the Rainbooms had parents--from a creation perspective of our world. Now that the parents have appeared in the show, their human counterparts could make an appearance in some form. Sunset would be a unique case here as her family has only been mentioned once in a comic.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:31 AM, King of Canterlot said:

The parent of the EQG's? I think they're there, they just aren't really seen because they're not necessarily an important part of the show. I guess in a way you could think of it like Charley Brown, the parents do live in the same houses as their kids, but they're hardly ever even mentioned (And never actually seen) because the parents aren't an important part of the show. 

^Exactly this^

The parents don't contribute to the story and are therefore unnecessary clutter. It's about the Equestria Girls themselves and not the peripheral aspects of their home life. 

• Brohoof 1

I agree that most of it is just unimportant.. but you have a few times where I'm curious as to like "What about their parents"... like in Rainbow Rocks, where Twilight was at that sleep over and she was randomly in the kitchen working on that spell... I dunno, just felt like the parents weren't at home or something :/

However, 2 of the 'parents' can already be explained. ;)

1) Sci-Twi parents aren't around because Crystal Prep is some form of bording school, which you can tell based on her room in the Friendship games... admittedly doesn't explain Sci-twi's move to the other school so :/

2) Applejack... in FIM her parents are... supposedly dead.  Thus she lives with her Grandmother.  Assuming Applejack's parents are the same here... then we've already seen grannySmith as the lunch lady in the school.... granted makes me wonder how she does that AND runs the farm.  But *shrug*