Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fallout 5 possibilities?

Thorgir the Mighty

I made this thread so we can see if there will be a Fallout 5,and what we can expect Bethesda to do with it,and what should be changed,and what should removed/added. 

I hope that Bethesda does make a Fallout 5 and have it based around New York,Texas,even Russia so we can see the other side of it! Another thing is the weapons. I don’t like how some of the weapons look in F4.(Assault rifle,pipe rifles,etc) And I hope they add they add ACTUAL sniper rifles and real world weapons with advanced weapons as well. And maybe have the 1950s vibe. So feel free to share your thoughts and remember what makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L!

• Brohoof 1

Well we won't be seeing Russia since Fallout is focused around the United States, and the Russian equivalent already exists as Metro. I'd like to see the idea for Fallout Extreme be used.

"Another Sequel for Fallout Tactics, but developed for Consoles. This game would have seen "The Cause" head Northwest, through Canada and on to Alaska to do battle with the Brotherhood of Steel; following this victory they would then head on to China to destroy a Doom's Day Missile."

I think it'd be really cool since this would give us a full view of the West Coast, but also we could see the iconic city of Seattle, and I think there's a lot of potential with things like the Hanford site, Boeing, naval bases, ect. I'm somewhat biased since I've grown up in Washington, but there's just so much here and we played a big part in world war 2, and continue to play a large role as a tech hub and continued operations.

7 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Well we won't be seeing Russia since Fallout is focused around the United States, and the Russian equivalent already exists as Metro. I'd like to see the idea for Fallout Extreme be used.

"Another Sequel for Fallout Tactics, but developed for Consoles. This game would have seen "The Cause" head Northwest, through Canada and on to Alaska to do battle with the Brotherhood of Steel; following this victory they would then head on to China to destroy a Doom's Day Missile."

I think it'd be really cool since this would give us a full view of the West Coast, but also we could see the iconic city of Seattle, and I think there's a lot of potential with things like the Hanford site, Boeing, naval bases, ect. I'm somewhat biased since I've grown up in Washington, but there's just so much here and we played a big part in world war 2, and continue to play a large role as a tech hub and continued operations.

This would be epic. And I think the company is Obsidian.

But I believe (I could be wrong) that the Far Harbor dlc for f4 confirmed New York,and I snooped around the BOS blimp and saw something about California. I also heard Houston as well. But F5 has been confirmed but they won’t let any details come through.heres a link,enjoy!

credit goes to @Aqua shine for showing me this!

http://www.gamersgreed.com/fallout-5-confirmed-development-bethesda/

Sorry to say but Fallout 5 wouldn't be for a good while. FO4 came out in 2015 and before that NV which was 2010. Don't expect FO5 until at least 2020.

Bethesda's next thing is likely their new IP which is rumored to be Starfield, which is basically Fallout in space. After that the next TES game I'd imagine.

34 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

But I believe (I could be wrong) that the Far Harbor dlc for f4 confirmed New York,and I snooped around the BOS blimp and saw something about California. I also heard Houston as well. But F5 has been confirmed but they won’t let any details come through.heres a link,enjoy!

New York would be cool, especially with the Statue of Liberty, Empire State and Chrysler buildings, (I imagine they'd just have the old city design and stay away from more modern stuff to avoid 9/11) Central Park, Grand Central Station, Central Park, Central Park Zoo, Brooklyn Bridge, Time Square, historical sites, and so much more. Not sure how much of that would be left after the bombs dropped but the Capital Building survived so who knows. Elder Maxson originally came from the Mojave Wasteland, so no surprise to see a reference to that. Technically they've already had a game in Texas with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, but I recall that came being an abomination that everyone ignores, so basing a new proper game there would be good. Maybe they could include Louisiana and Mississippi, and one of the main conflicts could be whoever's there trying to maintain control while the Enclave centered around Chicago has expanded and is attempted to take control of the Mississippi River, seizing the largest river shipping rout other than maybe the St. Lawrence, and effectively cutting the "nation" in half.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

New York would be cool, especially with the Statue of Liberty, Empire State and Chrysler buildings, (I imagine they'd just have the old city design and stay away from more modern stuff to avoid 9/11) Central Park, Grand Central Station, Central Park, Central Park Zoo, Brooklyn Bridge, Time Square, historical sites, and so much more. Not sure how much of that would be left after the bombs dropped but the Capital Building survived so who knows. Elder Maxson originally came from the Mojave Wasteland, so no surprise to see a reference to that. Technically they've already had a game in Texas with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, but I recall that came being an abomination that everyone ignores, so basing a new proper game there would be good. Maybe they could include Louisiana and Mississippi, and one of the main conflicts could be whoever's there trying to maintain control while the Enclave centered around Chicago has expanded and is attempted to take control of the Mississippi River, seizing the largest river shipping rout other than maybe the St. Lawrence, and effectively cutting the "nation" in half.

That sounds great! Just imagine a redneck 1950s themed fallout and if you kill mirelurks,you can Cajun season it! Also RadCrawfish!

But yeah Fallout bos was an abomination

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Celli said:

Sorry to say but Fallout 5 wouldn't be for a good while. FO4 came out in 2015 and before that NV which was 2010. Don't expect FO5 until at least 2020.

Bethesda's next thing is likely their new IP which is rumored to be Starfield, which is basically Fallout in space. After that the next TES game I'd imagine.

Not to mention Bethesda has said that they have wanted to expand on other games, rather than just The Elder Scrolls and Fallout over and over again. A spinoff or a Fallout game developing by another company such as New Vegas isn't entirely out of the question, though. 

20 minutes ago, Anneal said:

Not to mention Bethesda has said that they have wanted to expand on other games, rather than just The Elder Scrolls and Fallout over and over again. A spinoff or a Fallout game developing by another company such as New Vegas isn't entirely out of the question, though. 

Yeah, exactly. 2020 may be a stretch even. 

On 5/21/2018 at 8:39 AM, Annie said:

It's too early to think about a Fallout 5, I'm still waiting for Elder Scrolls 6 and for another Obsidian fallout

Elder scrolls 6 is being delayed...and may happen (or not)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/06/14/elder-scrolls-6-is-likely-being-delayed-to-protect-the-elder-scrolls-online-and-skyrim/amp/

i don’t know about Obsidian making a new Fallout,but they’ve been teasing a new game

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/obsidian-appears-to-be-teasing-a-new-game-on-twitter/

and it’s not too early

27 minutes ago, Royce said:

Hopefully less streamlined than Fallout 4.

The games too quick?

17 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

The games too quick?

Nah - ripping stuff out of the game and watering it down, RPG wise.

I would really like to see it in New Orleans or Chicago. Those would be two really good places. I'd like New Orleans more, though, because they could include parts of Texas on the map as well if they put the ruins of New Orleans on the western part of the map. Also, I'd be very curious as to what's going on there, and with Chicago the lore answers the question a bit too well. We know that Chicago is in absolute shambles, and pretty much uninhabitable. As for New Orleans, we know literally nothing, and we know fairly little about Texas as well (aside from a game that is confirmed as NOT being part of the canon).

• Brohoof 1

as long as they use a new game engine or updated version then im fine with whatever they bring.

Though I hope there's not as many settlements this time. Just a bit of a pain in the ass how many 4 has, i'd be happy with like half of them.