Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Convention Discussion Thread!

Rosebuds

I've only been to one convention and that was Star Wars Celebration II in Minneapolis MN in 2002. It had some interesting highlights; seeing Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Warwick Davis and many others on stage and up close. The best part was meeting Carrie Fisher in person. She was so funny and amazing! I could barely even speak to her, my mind went so blank, but it was well worth the long wait to see her. 

The rest of the con wasn't very good. The staff were very pushy and drunk with power. Once they had my money it didn't matter to them what I got in return. That's why I never went to another con. Maybe someday I'll try again. 

I've never been to an MLP con. It would be interesting if I could manage it. 

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I've only been to one convention and that was Star Wars Celebration II in Minneapolis MN in 2002. It had some interesting highlights; seeing Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Warwick Davis and many others on stage and up close. The best part was meeting Carrie Fisher in person. She was so funny and amazing! I could barely even speak to her, my mind went so blank, but it was well worth the long wait to see her. 

The rest of the con wasn't very good. The staff were very pushy and drunk with power. Once they had my money it didn't matter to them what I got in return. That's why I never went to another con. Maybe someday I'll try again. 

I've never been to an MLP con. It would be interesting if I could manage it. 

one bad con experience can ruin things so easily. it's so sad! their management of the con sounds so terrible. don't be discouraged though! there are plenty more cons out there that are a great experience. 

6 hours ago, Zhortac said:

Went to Everfree last Saturday. Only and first con I've been too.

congrats on your first convention! take vitam c to avoid the ever present con funk, and you might find yourself researching another convention :pout:

On 5/22/2018 at 5:55 AM, Rosebuds said:

congrats on your first convention! take vitam c to avoid the ever present con funk, and you might find yourself researching another convention :pout:

Pretty sure money would be more of a factor lol. I never knew that was true, till now. Glad I showered before it lol.