Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Guy in Town

Stormy Seas

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Through Poniverse, which I heard about by picking up a business card during the 2013 BronyCon.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Sequestered in a tiny room by myself in Japan during the summer between Seasons 1 and 2. Saw a bunch of pony memes starting to invade everywhere and thought I'd see just how ridiculous I knew the show was going to be. Four episodes later I couldn't stop smiling and haven't looked back.

Been a while since I've actually tried to step into a community or group setting since I last tried over at the EQD forums. I guess the short story there is that I tend lurk in the background of almost everything that I do or anyplace that I visit. It's a trend I'm trying to reverse by ignoring the little voice that tells me not to trust people in general and just let things play out on their own, for better or worse.

The Reader's Digest version of me is that I'm a 7 year pony fan who found the fandom back when I was deployed to Japan for a couple of years. I also have my feet firmly planted in the PC gaming world, read far too much in relation to the free time that I actually have available, dabble in woodcarving, and really wish I was better at writing and music. My wife thinks my cooking is good, so at least there's that. And if anyone here knows what Reader's Digest is without having to look it up, bless you because you probably feel as old as I often do.

Really what I'm hoping for are new friends. At my age it's tough to make new friends and every year I become more aware of the fact that I've missed so many opportunities to either leave some kind of mark on the world or welcome new people into my life. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. All I can do is try to change the pattern that has kept me from forming lasting friendships and see what happens.

• Brohoof 8

Welcome Stormy Seas! I love the name.

I fully understand the age difficulties, I'm old too. :P
If you're here for friends, then you've come to the right place! If there is anything you would like to know about the site or the people, be sure to ask! Enjoy your stay.~

Welcome to the forums, @Stormy Seas!

If you want to make friends, then you've come to the right place! You don't have to listen to that little voice. I'm sure that if you try, you might just make a friend. Also, I knew what Reader's Digest was without having to look it up, but I'm a teenager. I wonder what that says about me.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forums! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hello and welcome! ^_^ Well I know what the Reader's Digest is, and I'm only 14 so no need to feel so old. :twi: I hope you meet many new friends on here and make some lasting friendships, I have and I think will too, you seem pretty nice. :adorkable: I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun! :P 

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 2

Hello there!

Soon you'll start to think how to not make friends, because you'll end up being flooded by them. :D

Welcome to the herd! :)

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to the forums @Stormy Seas!

Eventhough there's nothing wrong with lurking, I'm happy that you muffled that little voice and decided to join in! It's never too late to make new friends and I'm sure that you'll find some here in no time :icwudt:

Enjoy your stay and have fun!

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to the MLP Forums, Cloudburst~! :grin: It's great to have you here~! Oh, and don't worry; I've heard of the Reader's Digest before. ;)

As many other folks have stated here already, I think you've come to a great place if you were seeking friendships~! :squee:

Have a great time out there, my dude~! I'm looking forward to seeing you around. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't feel quite as creaky as usual if so many other folks knew what I was talking about. I think those little guys are still sold in checkout lines but I always remember my grandparents loaning me their old copies of Digest when I'd come for a visit.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and wishes. I feel a bit ridiculous knowing that it took me a few minutes to scroll down past my own post to read the replies. It's interesting and embarrassing that a natural shyness extends to an online introduction as much as it does. I swear I'm not a complete hermit, but I do lack in experience in the friendship-making field; I can count my current circle of actual friends one a single hand.

Anyway, I look forward to exploring the forums and seeing where I can fit in. The fandom has unknowingly given me so much over the past several years and it's past time for me to give back and see if I can't broaden a few horizons in the process.

• Brohoof 2

On 23/05/2018 at 7:53 AM, Stormy Seas said:

Been a while since I've actually tried to step into a community or group setting since I last tried over at the EQD forums. I guess the short story there is that I tend lurk in the background of almost everything that I do or anyplace that I visit. It's a trend I'm trying to reverse by ignoring the little voice that tells me not to trust people in general and just let things play out on their own, for better or worse.

The Reader's Digest version of me is that I'm a 7 year pony fan who found the fandom back when I was deployed to Japan for a couple of years. I also have my feet firmly planted in the PC gaming world, read far too much in relation to the free time that I actually have available, dabble in woodcarving, and really wish I was better at writing and music. My wife thinks my cooking is good, so at least there's that. And if anyone here knows what Reader's Digest is without having to look it up, bless you because you probably feel as old as I often do.

Really what I'm hoping for are new friends. At my age it's tough to make new friends and every year I become more aware of the fact that I've missed so many opportunities to either leave some kind of mark on the world or welcome new people into my life. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. All I can do is try to change the pattern that has kept me from forming lasting friendships and see what happens.

Greetings and welcome, o acolyte of the pony!

All shall fall before our unified might.

Truly, you are a valuable asset to our organisation, even in your infancy.

Especially due to your appreciation of the simply spiffy Digest - which I read on a regular basis, may I add.

I am more than willing to assist in your training, if friendships strategic alliances you indeed desire.

Enjoy your time spent as our diabolical minion! :icwudt:

Protip: Watch your step around the dragon carvings, they consider socks an abomination against all that is virtuous and attack accordingly.

On 23/05/2018 at 3:43 PM, Stormy Seas said:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and wishes. I feel a bit ridiculous knowing that it took me a few minutes to scroll down past my own post to read the replies. It's interesting and embarrassing that a natural shyness extends to an online introduction as much as it does. I swear I'm not a complete hermit, but I do lack in experience in the friendship-making field; I can count my current circle of actual friends one a single hand.

Anyway, I look forward to exploring the forums and seeing where I can fit in. The fandom has unknowingly given me so much over the past several years and it's past time for me to give back and see if I can't broaden a few horizons in the process.

Ach, I know the feel there.

I'll make it easy for you and tell you outright that if you ever find yourself wondering whether you can trust me enough to try and get to know me, the answer is definitely negative. A more brutal backstabber you'll not find outside politics of the highest order, and that's not even counting the sorts of sordid scandals I get up to with like-minded company. I advise not attempting any sort of interaction with me save in cases of direst emergency, such as if you are on fire and I am holding the only fire extinguisher in your accessible vicinity. This will likely result in a spectacularly unsuccessful outcome even then, as it is probable that, if you are on fire and I am close at hand in possession of the only means whereby you might be saved, it was me who set you alight to begin with and I am deliberately withholding the extinguisher out of a general spite for the existence of all humanity, your fine personage only being relevant to my detestable mind as the nearest creature on whom I can exact my malignant malice.

If, though, despite all this, you still wish to converse with me, I certainly won't stop you. I may be an apathy-enfeebled wretch and a turpitudinous scobberlotcher of the breed your mother warned you about when you were young (however long ago that may be by now), but I'm nowhere near as intimidating as some might perceive me to be - especially those of a somewhat shy and sensitive disposition like your honourable self, not that I consider any such traits to detract from your readily-apparent emotional maturity and overall aura of pleasantry of demeanour, of course. I look forward to seeing you around the forums, and don't forget to keep your distance if you see me holding a matchbox! :D

I’m at something of a loss here, good sir. It’s 0430 on a Thur and I’m not even finished with my second cup of coffee so you have me at a distinct mental disadvantage. Yet despite this handicap and your courteous warnings concerning your person, I choose to challenge your assertions of negativity. My good fellow, you have not seen the last of me.