Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Opinion on Occultism?

Altastrofae

What's your OP on Witchcraft?  

52 users have voted

1. 1. Do you...

• Completely support witchcraft in everyway, shape, and form?
    • Not care either way?
    • Compoetely disagree with its use?
    • Have a mixed opinion?
    • Think I have a screw loose?

(edited)

So, what's your opinion on Witchcraft? Are you for it, are you against it? Do you not care either way?

Or are you asking yourself, "Is this guy looney? This has got to be a joke!"

I, for one, am all for it, being a practitioner of the Occult arts myself. But I want to know what y'all think. I want the statistics here.

Edited by CrystalBloodMoon

I have no intention to get into a belief war, but I think the occult is crazy. That being said, it's not any more crazy than any other religion. I have a mixed opinion on it however, because although I don't beleive in any of it, I find it to be interesting because of the huge amount of symbolism and the ideas that come with it. It has both its own unique concepts, while sharing some with larger religions. I find this useful when thinking about developing your own religious practice within a story because it provides inspiration for new ideas while maintaining some familiarity. Also, the idea of crystals and whatnot having energy is, especially for an odd person like me who immediately thinks how could I weaponized this new source of power, quite interesting, because you could try and imitate something out of Star Wars in how they use Kyber Crystals, while having more of a medieval setting. Rituals of varying kinds also fascinate me, and I like the thought of practicing one without believing in it for really doing anything other than being part of something neat, getting to be part of a community and adding some stability, much like why some atheists still go to church despite their own beliefs. When it comes down to it, I think it's something worth learning about, that has the ability to do some good.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

I have no intention to get into a belief war, but I think the occult is crazy. That being said, it's not any more crazy than any other religion. I have a mixed opinion on it however, because although I don't beleive in any of it, I find it to be interesting because of the huge amount of symbolism and the ideas that come with it. It has both its own unique concepts, while sharing some with larger religions. I find this useful when thinking about developing your own religious practice within a story because it provides inspiration for new ideas while maintaining some familiarity. Also, the idea of crystals and whatnot having energy is, especially for an odd person like me who immediately thinks how could I weaponized this new source of power, quite interesting, because you could try and imitate something out of Star Wars in how they use Kyber Crystals, while having more of a medieval setting. Rituals of varying kinds also fascinate me, and I like the thought of practicing one without believing in it for really doing anything other than being part of something neat, getting to be part of a community and adding some stability, much like why some atheists still go to church despite their own beliefs. When it comes down to it, I think it's something worth learning about, that has the ability to do some good.

Occultism isn't a religion by itself, it's just the use of metaphysical tools and methods to achieve certain effects, AKA witchcraft, though many pagan religions are centered around the Occult

And Mineralogy is... very different than how you're describing it. We kind of already use certain crystals as weaponry. Quartz crystal can turn eledtrical current into radio waves, so we use them in capacitors. 1000s of years before, both the Native Americans and the people of the Indus Valley observed that clear quartz raised their spititual energy, so to speak. Anywho, computers use alot of quartz, and more government weapons are being computerized every year. So we actually do use crystals as vital components in our weaponry grids

But using it for that stuff would really be pointless in the end anyways, so no real point in pursuing that. I just don't much care for what humans do when given certain capabilities. Have you even been to a metropolitan area? *shudder* It's absolutely appalling, a total eyesore and completely pointless!

I believe that as long as it doesn’t hurt anybody (which it doesn’t), then it’s all fine by me. I don’t personally partake in it mainly because it’s not something that strikes my fancy so to speak, but I’m completely open to it (and quite interested) and encourage those who do partake in it and believe in it to stick with it. :grin:

Occult means things that are hidden or obscure. So it covers a lot of topics. Some good some bad. But I think witchcraft is silly. It doesn't actually do anything. People claim it can influence events or people, but it's so vague. If you can literally fly or throw fireballs or turn into a cat, then I will believe you.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

Occult means things that are hidden or obscure. So it covers a lot of topics. Some good some bad. But I think witchcraft is silly. It doesn't actually do anything. People claim it can influence events or people, but it's so vague. If you can literally fly or throw fireballs or turn into a cat, then I will believe you.

Do you think I can break the laws of physics??? Do you expect me to summon Isis or whoever just to preform parlor tricks???

None of those things are physically possible. And I disagree that it's vague. Though, gathering enough people together could produce small visual effects that you couldn't deny, but nobody would believe you if you said everything was glowing or whatever. They'd think you were on an LSD trip. It's one of those "You had to be there" instances

1 hour ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

Occultism isn't a religion by itself, it's just the use of metaphysical tools and methods to achieve certain effects, AKA witchcraft, though many pagan religions are centered around the Occult

And Mineralogy is... very different than how you're describing it. We kind of already use certain crystals as weaponry. Quartz crystal can turn eledtrical current into radio waves, so we use them in capacitors. 1000s of years before, both the Native Americans and the people of the Indus Valley observed that clear quartz raised their spititual energy, so to speak. Anywho, computers use alot of quartz, and more government weapons are being computerized every year. So we actually do use crystals as vital components in our weaponry grids

But using it for that stuff would really be pointless in the end anyways, so no real point in pursuing that. I just don't much care for what humans do when given certain capabilities. Have you even been to a metropolitan area? *shudder* It's absolutely appalling, a total eyesore and completely pointless!

I mean more along the lines of explosive beams of plasma and less of the widespread use of silicon's properties.

Metropolitan areas concentrate labor and business because it's more effective and results in higher production/performance over all, which makes it more economically viable for the type of life style that humanity is striving towards. It's not pointless. It's one cooperative step in a very complicated process. As an example, when building a house, you start with a foundation, supports and a roof. It's not pretty but it's a start. You don't paint it and make it look nice until you get everything else done with and out of the way.

I think it's nifty and interesting but obviously all fake. The stuff of spooky stories and nothing more to me. My mother is Pagan and legit believes in it all, but I find it all to be hokum.

(edited)

I'm intressred in the occult. It's intressting to read stories about peoples experiences with it. Though that's all it is. 

But I don't really care if you pratice it. It doesn't affect me, all it does is waste your time.

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't believe in any form of deity, being it God or some other kind of spiritual being. All religions or any forms of occultism are equally nonsense in my books. But that doesn't mean that other people woundn't find joy or purpose from them. I have often wondered if my life would be "fuller" or more meaninfull if I wouldn't be an atheist... But still, occultism? I'm too boring and conventional for that, if I ever would want to give "supernatural humbug" a go, I would visit in church or try praying. If witchcraft works for you, good, but it's not my cup of tea.

Witchcraft, paganism and occultism have as many forms as they have practitioners. My friend and fellow student started to study Finland's esoteric history and occultism practised by neo-nazis. Needless to say that things those whackjobs do isn't healthy nor right... Stuff like that give whole group a bad name, I'm sure that majority of people who support witchcraft aren't crazy weirdos who sacrifice cats. As majority of catholic priests aren't child abusers.

As long as you don't hurt yourself or others, or try to aggressively convert and harass non-believers, it's fine by me.

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 1

I know it a form of understanding based on the right side of our brain, intuitive, feminine and lunar. It was the predominant form of perception in a dual cycle of approximately 26.000 years, that divided in two hemispheres, marks the orbit our solar system around alcyone.

It's known as occultimism since our solar system was orbiting the opposite, or hidden side of the precession of equinoxes, in relation to the center of our milky way.

Its conclusion caused a change of mentality and the collapse of atlantis, giving way to the foundation of the ancient civilizations oriented with inclination towards the sun. The left side, masculine, logical and rational.

My family neither practices occultism, or paganism, nor belongs to any system of religious belief, patriarcal or other. But rather make use of both sides simultaneously, solar and lunar, in order to learn from past mistakes, and avoid the inner fragmentation that caused our destruction around 10.000 years ago.

I don't have an opinion, as I don't see a necessity to judge that which is part of me.

I'm completelt fine with witchcraft.

i dont live in 1600's salem, if you choose to practice some ancient magic that is completely fine by me, as long as the intent is not to physically or mentally harm another living being.

My late wife practiced a Wiccan Tradition while still applying concepts of Christianity. My son is currently on his own path and will likely wind up as a solitary practioner. I'm a Catholic who married a Witch and who raised a Witch. Doesn't take a genuis to correctly guess what option I chose. 

• Brohoof 1

Although I find the idea of witchcraft ridiculous, I don't care if somebody practices it as long as they don't harm others or demand special privileges.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care for it, because I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever that it works. I don't care if someone practices it as long as it doesn't bother me, which is basically my stance on every lifestyle and religion I can think of.

9 minutes ago, KatonRyu said:

I don't really care for it, because I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever that it works. I don't care if someone practices it as long as it doesn't bother me, which is basically my stance on every lifestyle and religion I can think of.

You won't see evidence unless you're there. That, or I curse you, but I don't want to get into hexes and all that just to prove a point.

My point is, I've seen things you wouldn't believe anyway. I could take that as proof, but no one would believe me (who would), or I could try photographic evidence, but people would say I photoshopped it, or there was a smudge on the lenses. I could try experimentation to calculate how the success rate is too high to be a coincidence, but do you think anyone would take me seriously? No.

You have to be there as it's happening. I personally don't mind that people don't believe it, but this shit changed my life. SO much easier to physically talk to your dieties than leaving it all to guesswork.

14 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

You won't see evidence unless you're there.

Well, that's convenient isn't it? I mean, people have claimed that witchcraft can be used for everything from curing cancer to communicating with the dead. Surely, there must be at least some kind evidence to back it up that don't require you to be there.   

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Yamet said:

Well, that's convenient isn't it? I mean, people have claimed that witchcraft can be used for everything from curing cancer to communicating with the dead. Surely, there must be at least some kind evidence to back it up that don't require you to be there.   

If I claimed I cured someone's cancer via Astral (I guess that'd bee the easiest way to do it?), would you believe me?

1 minute ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

If I claimed I cured someone's cancer via Astral (I guess that'd bee the easiest way to do it?), would you believe me?

If you simply claimed you did, no. But if you, say, performed the spell or ritual or whatever in front of a independent jury and then cured somebody's cancer who hadn't received any medical treatment, then yes.  

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Yamet said:

If you simply claimed you did, no. But if you, say, performed the spell or ritual or whatever in front of a independent jury and then cured somebody's cancer who hadn't received any medical treatment, then yes.  

Well, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus, they wouldn't just get up good as new, it would take time for the person to fully recover :/

Just now, CrystalBloodMoon said:

Well, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus, they wouldn't just get up good as new, it would take time for the person to fully recover :/

A, you could repeat the same ritual multiple times to prove that it wasn't a coincidence. B, I'm not expecting them to immediately break into a song and dance routine, if they simply recovered over time without the help of medicine as a result of this spell, then you'd have more than proven that it works.  

• Brohoof 1