Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst Games Ever Played

Laurel Crown

Ghostbusters (NES). As a huge fan of the Angry Video Game Nerd back in the day, I actually did try playing a lot of the bad games he reviewed, and most of them weren't that bad to me...with notable exceptions like this one. This entire game is literally just one bad series of "RPG mini-games" that you have to replay over and over just because you can't beat the absolute worst one at the very end (tapping buttons to dodge ghosts...what were they thinking? :blink:) . Like, imagine the worst parts of your favorite RPG all combined into one, and that was this game. The fact that it was just a lazy port of an outdated computer game comes as no surprise at all.

Deserter Simulator. It was a mobile game port for the PC i spent a dollar on. I didnt buy it intentionally, i just used a wheel haus type website.

Warframe: Its free, i get that. But you have to grind like crazy before you get to the actual story. Until then its just grinding for the sake of grinding. Funnily enough its called the noob killer for that reason.

Fortnite: I dont like battle royale games (cause im the first to die), but this one was hard to play. Its too cartoony and the mechanic of building covers or houses is frustrating. Plus the dances turned memes..or vice versa is just....head ache inducing. I know...im an old bitty.

• Brohoof 1

The worst game that I have played is Kinetic Void.

The shipbuilding in that game is so bad that I didn't even give the rest of the game a chance.

According to the reviews that I have read about it, the shipbuilding is the best part of the game.

The same shipbuilding that was so bad I quit.

Not a good game.

Mass Effect 3

Now before I get bombarded with hate quotes,hear me out

I loves this game! Until my friend ruined the story saying,”Shepherd dies at the end and that none of you choices matter”. That’s why I never finished the game,great story though.

• 5 months later...

ITT: Shit on popular games to make yourselves feel cooler and not games that are genuinely crap

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

On 12/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, Bas said:

I once tried "Mario is Missing!" for SNES. I just kept running around as Luigi for a few minutes, with NO IDEA AT ALL what to do in this game and tehn never turned it on again.

Same here, but with Mario's Time Machine.

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis on the Game Boy Advance. A classic example of how NOT to port a video game. It's plagued with issues such as slow down and screen crunch, that it practically makes the game unplayable.

Edited by Cash_In

I honestly didn't have much trouble with Sonic Genesis. Sure, I prefer the original any day, but I managed to almost beat Genesis just fine.

Anyway, the worst i've ever played, and I've mentioned it before, is Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring on GBA. Miserable experience all around, battles take forever since enemy animations take ages (it's a turn-based RPG), and you get nothing from beating them. Not gold or EXP or anything, they're literally just a waste of time. Characters level up through story events, which means some characters will always be under leveled. The graphics are ludicrously ugly with laughable proportions and disgusting, almost diseased looking character portraits andto top things off, the game is insanely buggy. Heck, it even has has a bug which was reported to be capable of breaking GBAs, now that's bad.

NotGTAV (now named NotTheNameWeWanted due to copyright issues) may be the worst in terms of the amount of effort put into it. But the game was VERY cheap and it was absurd so I found it amusing.

In terms of games I found genuinely unenjoyable or disappointing, I will mention COD Ghosts. I have enjoyed COD games since COD1, but Ghosts was the first and only COD game where I would want to get a refund because it performed so poorly on my PC. There are probably three factors why I did not bother refunding it at the time: I played it regularly with other people, my enjoyment of the game's new features was still higher than my irritation towards its technical flaws, and I think this was before Steam's change in refund policy. Other than Ghosts, as well as IW and BO4, I have all COD games for PC.

I do not normally look to play bad games for the sole purpose of them being bad games. However, someone has given me a copy of Pony World 3 which I have yet to play... I am obliged to play it eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario 64 probably isn’t the worst game I’ve ever played, but it’s one of the most annoying ones I can think of. Mostly it’s because there are way too many ways to die and you have to turn the screen yourself, something I despise in games more than anything.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Bas said:

I am pretty sure you will find a lot of people not agreeing with you on that game on these forums, lol.

I only put this here cause I’ve never played a game I hated but I’ve had frustrations before. This one, while it is fun, gives me a lot of frustration at times.

• Brohoof 1