Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Content Search - Server Error

PiratePony

(edited)

Yeah, this is a pretty popular issue with that search feature. :D 

Try using the advanced search page, it performs much better than this quick bar.
PvZW0nf.png

I tried searching for the same thing as you; quick search resulted in the same error; doing the same in the search page gave results really quick.

I suspect there may be something wrong in the code of that quick bar. Perhaps some tiny error. That actually made me kinda curious now. Would like to take a look :derp:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

I tend to have more luck searching keywords in Google with MLPForum as my first keyword.

Search issues here are a cultural tradition. :)

Seriously though, a good internal search is not easy to maintain here. The sheer amount of time that was dedicated to fixing it every time it took a vacation was a PITA for most of the tech pones. 

I say we should sacrifice a plushie in a volcano to the gods Monge-Elkin and Hamming. That should do the trick. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Search issues here are a cultural tradition. :)

Seriously though, a good internal search is not easy to maintain here. The sheer amount of time that was dedicated to fixing it every time it took a vacation was a PITA for most of the tech pones. 

I say we should sacrifice a plushie in a volcano to the gods Monge-Elkin and Hamming. That should do the trick. 

Take me to the volcano!

Joe-Joe-Versus-Volcano.jpg

• Brohoof 1

...But if the search page works, then quick search should work too- there has to be something causing that. Most likely in the code (?).

I want to move this to Tech Support. I'm not sure if this was resolved after the upgrade, but it appears to be fixed. It's going to remain on the current systen issues list for a few days, but in the interim @PiratePony and @Rikifive and anypony that reads this please let us know if it happens again to you.