Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Daybreaker will ever make a return?

CaptainJinx99

As we all know, the appearance of Daybreaker was definitely something a lot of fans loved. Yet so far, she's only appeared in one episode, and that's it, and even then, it was merely as part of a dream.

So, like the title asks, do you think she'll ever make a return? Personally, I hold out hope she'll appear again one day. I mean, it feels like wasted potential if she never does. Considering the shows team went through the effort to make such a cool design for her... Or heck, the fact they even went through the effort to include her at all, makes me think it's not the last we'll be seeing of her... But what do you all think?

I certainly don’t want her to. At least not as an actual transformed Celestia.

Celestia has absolutely NO reason to turn into Daybreaker. In fact, with all the pain that Luna’s transformation caused her, she’d probably be more likely to end herself before she let herself turn into that. And being able to see the concept with her own eyes? You can bet she’s now doubly adamant that that will NEVER happen.

Daybreaker was a cool design, and the staff showed that design off in a way that make sense for the characters. I’d be quite happy if she faded into the nightmares she spawned from.

• Brohoof 3

It'd be great to see Daybreaker make another appearance but they need to have a very good reason to use her. The idea of Celestia succumbing to the darkness in her heart or something similar to that would be too predictable and completely nonsensical so a different approach is needed.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It'd be great to see Daybreaker make another appearance but they need to have a very good reason to use her. The idea of Celestia succumbing to the darkness in her heart or something similar to that would be too predictable and completely nonsensical so a different approach is needed.

I'm torn actually. The only way I think they could do Daybreaker justice is too dark for this show to do. I think you could have Luna die or appear to die to a villain in a horrifying manner and it could drive Tia to despair fueled rage, especially if all of Equestria is also being torn apart.

I definitely don't want her to be mind controlled or anything.

Edited by gingerninja666

Nope. I am convinced it was a one time 'what if' type of thing and a second appearance as an actual villain would not have the impact of should, since we have seen her already. Anything else would be disappointing. That is why I actually wasn't fond of her introduction in a dream as I see it as wasted potential. 

No I don't think Daybreaker will ever come back in the main show. The only way I see Daybreaker coming back is if some type of alternate timeline is created and Daybreaker happens to exist in that alternate timeline, but considering that they already did a "Alternate timeline" plot back for the season five finale, I doubt that they would do it again, so therefore Daybreaker coming back is unfortunately a very small chance. 

Celestia hasn't given in to the pressure as a ruler for over a thousand years. She's had enough time to learn how to resist ant temptation for turning evil as they say, so I don't expect us to see her ever outside of a dream, and even then it would be a cameo.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hope she does... be interesting. I think Dawnbreaker is what happened in the fallout timeline. It looks like the earth has been scorched. She would need to be something like the final villain I think as hyped as the most dangerous.

Edited by Kadeda

There is no reason for her to return. Celestia never gave in to darkness and turned into Daybreaker before so there is no reason to believe that she will especially considering G4 is almost over. Also Celestia saying "you will never be real again" is a big clue-in regarding future appearances of Daybreaker.

At least that's what I think.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

There is no reason for her to return. Celestia never gave in to darkness and turned into Daybreaker before so there is no reason to believe that she will especially considering G4 is almost over. Also Celestia saying "you will never be real again" is a big clue-in regarding future appearances of Daybreaker.

At least that's what I think.

Sound like to me it means that Daybreaker has existed before. Luna also immediately knew who she was. So was Celestia evil back in the day? I wanna hear that story.

Edited by Kadeda

2 minutes ago, Kadeda said:

Sound like to me it means that Daybreaker has existed before. Luna also immediately knew who she was. So was Celestia evil back in the day? I wanna hear that story.

I don't think so, otherwise Daybreaker would not have introduced herself to Celestia. Luna knowing of her was probably lazy writing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I feel like the only reason Daybreaker appeared in the first place was just so that the writers could have an evil Celestia. I honestly don’t think she was necessary, because (correct me if I’m wrong) Luna turned into Nightmare Moon out of jealousy. What reason would Celestia have to turn evil? It doesn’t help that Daybreaker was in Starlight’s dream, either. 

As for whether she’ll actually make a return... I honestly don’t think it’s likely. If she does, though, I hope they do something interesting with her.

Edited by BlackPony

Personally, I think having Day Breaker return in an episode or 'finale/premier 2 parter' would be quiet interesting.  I do like the ideas of maybe it being she was being controlled  her and Luna... And maybe even Midnight Sparkle's pony version :P  I could even see that maybe it's not mind-control persay but more a manipulation.  As in some bad guy manipulates them into returning to their former states.

Ofcourse, she turned evil "in the dream logic" because she became power hungry.  You could even have it where maybe Celetria is at a point where she has to face some kind of bad pony and her power's not up to snuff.  So she's forced to go DayBreaker in order to stop it... but then :O she turns around and becomes evil herself!  And the mane 6 have to stop her then.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:35 AM, Tenebrae said:

I don't think so, otherwise Daybreaker would not have introduced herself to Celestia. Luna knowing of her was probably lazy writing.

Ehh... i guess it depends on how you look at it really. It's easy to say "because of lazy writing" to support your view to anything.

(edited)
On 5/30/2018 at 11:32 AM, Kadeda said:

it means that Daybreaker has existed before

The thing is, the full statement is:

"You are not real, and you will never exist again!"

Spoiler

That seems like a fairly clear cut statement that Daybreaker does not (and will not) exist, and would be an odd statement to make if she had existed in the past (as with Nightmare Moon.) A statement of intent rather than an absolute truth when it comes to the future, so the possibility exists, but I think that  it wouldn't be very good writing for Daybreaker to turn up again.

In terms of flaws, I take the view that a weak and ineffectual Celestia is far more plausible than a tyrannical or genocidal Celestia. There is a rather good example of this in (minor spoiler)

Spoiler

The Lunar Rebellion

Her refusal to take direct action against the rebels vastly extends the length (and so suffering caused by) the rebellion.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon

3 hours ago, Kadeda said:

Ehh... i guess it depends on how you look at it really. It's easy to say "because of lazy writing" to support your view to anything.

I am well aware of that. But it is what makes the most sense as otherwise Daybreaker would have had no need to introduce herself to Celestia. This proves that Daybreaker never existed before this point in time; coupled with Celestia saying: "You are not real, and will never exist again" and I think the answer is pretty clear.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

I am well aware of that. But it is what makes the most sense as otherwise Daybreaker would have had no need to introduce herself to Celestia. This proves that Daybreaker never existed before this point in time; coupled with Celestia saying: "You are not real, and will never exist again" and I think the answer is pretty clear.

Like i stated before... it depends on how you read it. There is no definite. You see "you are not real" as a statement meaning that she never did exist. I see it as a state of ... coping. It's not painfully clear. Tag that with the "lazy writing" and I don't see why Daybreaker couldn't have existed before.

Edited by Kadeda

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Twilight Luna said:

She and Nightmare Moon should appear again being controlled by another villain.

This is probably the only way Daybreaker would ever return, and that MIGHT be a possibility

Spoiler

with a character like Grogar coming in season 9

. You never know though; writers can be quite creative when it comes down to it.

Daybreaker demands too much creativity due to reasons stated above. I bet you keks that our glorious writers are not unified on the concept of nightmares. Better make more Maud episodes.

22 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Daybreaker demands too much creativity due to reasons stated above. I bet you keks that our glorious writers are not unified on the concept of nightmares. Better make more Maud episodes.

We have had several Dreamscape episodes though, including the one that gave us Daybreaker in the first place. No reason we couldn't have another.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, Tenebrae said:

Wait, which luna automatically knew who Daybreaker was?  Nightmare moon or the real Luna?

Because if Nightmare Moon, then well she was a dream anyways so she's allowed to know things regardless of rather the real Luna would know or not.

If the real Luna... well, for starters it is possible that maybe Luna had seen her in nightmares before.  Not to mention to 'support' the 'lazy writing' Most of the time, when a character is introduced, typically they don't like to retell who a character is, or even a situation.  They tend to skip these things and just 'pretentds' the character heard the name.  So in a way, she 'knew her name' because the writers didn't want to have to reintroduce her.

• Brohoof 1