Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Journey (1x1 RP with CaptainJinx99)

Yuu Xeno

(edited)

Rhett opened his eyes to see the morning sky behind the tops of the trees. With a yawn, he sat up and stretched his arms and back with a few satisfying pops. After that, he stood up on his feet and glanced around the small campsite. His bedroll was a little ways away from the small fire, which the embers were still glowing softly. He sighed and grabbed his backpack from beside his bedroll, along with his weapons and the actual bedroll itself. He folded the roll and put it into his backpack, then put his shotgun into the small opening on the side of his pack, which he personally stitched together. Lastly, he checked to see if his pistol and Kukri were still there, and to his relief, they were accounted for.

He smiled and began to stoke the fire a little more, seeing as it was still a little cold from the morning air. With another sigh, he wondered where they were going to find more food. They only had half a week's worth left, and not a single animal has shown itself as of late. He just hoped they didn't have to resort to eating their own...he stopped himself there, not even wanting to think about it.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
Added OOC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter slowly opened his eyes, only to quickly shut them yet again rather tightly, as he'd been rather unlucky enough to be in just the right spot, at just the right time, for the sun to be shining directly into his face, assaulting his eyes as soon as he had opened them. With a groan, though, he rolled over, and opened his eyes again, letting them adjust a bit to the less... Intense lighting, before he sat up, stifling a yawn. "...Another day of hell on Earth. Joy." He mumbled softly to himself, clearly a bit agitated at the moment, though really, could anyone blame him?

With a sigh, he grabbed his glasses from his backpack, which he placed right next to his bedroll for convenience sake, before putting them on, his gaze slowly moving from place to place, before it finally rested on Rhett. "Mornin'." He said, stifling yet another yawn.

Rhett turned to see Peter getting up from bed, and he gave a smile.

"Mornin'. Sleep terrible, I assume?" He chuckled.

Truth was, neither of them were getting good rest. Every night, one of the two were up all night, either taking guard or just not being able to sleep. Lately, though, they both seemed to be fully energized in the mornings. Rhett shifted his Indian-style sitting position to sitting on one knee, still tending to the fire.

"Yup. But something tell's me a bad night's sleep is going to be the least of my worries today." He said, chuckling in return, before he began to rub his face with his hands, letting out a long, drawn out sigh.

"Guess I should be glad I'm not dead at least. I have THAT to be thankful for." He mumbled softly, his hands dropping from his face to his knees, switching around to an Indian-style sitting position, just like Rhett had been doing only a few moments earlier. 

"I feel you, man." Rhett consoled his friend. "Say, how's our food situation doing? Should have enough for the rest of these next few days, but afterwards, not so much."

He looked up to the sky, admiring the clouds,"We may have to make a run into town sometime, find us some more food and water."

"Eh, things have sorta been kinda boring around here lately anyways. Breaks up the monotony." Peter said, shrugging as he reached behind him and grabbed his backpack, before placing it in front of him and beginning to rummage through it, the sounds of such breaking the rather silent morning, on top of the occasional bird chirp, and their conversation, of course.

"...God, how long have we been doing... This? It feels like it's been forever since things were... Normal." He said, sighing as he glanced up into the sky, admiring the clouds as well.

Rhett shrugged,"You're guess is as good as mine." He looked back down to the fire, simply watching the embers burn. He wished he knew, but if he had to guess, it was more than a few years. He hadn't really kept track of time, so it was hard to tell. 

"Sometimes, I wonder if Europe or Asia fared any better, you know. We can't seriously be the only country hit with this." He stated. "Ah, who am I kidding. We're probably the only people alive right now. You feeling lucky, Pete? 'Cuz I sure am." 

"Heh, heck yeah I am. Though, can you really consider being alive during an apocalyptic event that's killed off most of the human race 'lucky'?" He asked in a joking sort of tone, before he chuckled, putting his backpack right where it had been a few minutes ago. 

"But yeah, I do feel lucky. Even more lucky I ended up with you and not on my own. I'm pretty sure I would've gone crazy without someone to talk to, y'know?" He asked, looking over at Rhett.

"Dude, you make it sound gay." He laughed. "Can't say you're wrong though." 

Rhett continued to stoke the fire for a bit more, but after a few minutes, he heard a sound. It was faint, but years of surviving have honed his hearing. He immediately dropped the stick and raised his rifle towards the direction of the noise, which was a stick breaking.

Peter might not have been as 'sharp' as Rhett was, but he hadn't survived this long by not being observant and aware of stuff going on around him. Never mind he could sorta guess what was going on just by looking at what Rhett was doing. So, after a bit of fumbling on his part, he got up onto his feet, his .44 Magnum in hand, which he had pulled out of his backpack in a bit of a panic. The hammer was already cocked, and it was fully loaded. If any sort of threat came into sight, he'd be ready to introduce them to his 'little friend'...

Rhett aimed into the forest, seeing the brush moving slightly. He flipped off the safety and held his weapon tighter. The brush continued moving, even upon hearing the sound of his rifle click. So, he figured it was just a rabbit or something. 

"Hello?" He said, maybe a dumb move, but he wanted to make sure. "Anyone there?"

Then, the bush stopped moving and after what felt like hours, something peeked it's head over. What it was something beyond anything he could ever imagine, let alone see.

Somewhere, in the VERY distant land of Equestria

Celestia's sun rose high into the sky, as yet another day was bestowed upon the realm by the Solar Princess. It was the perfect day for one to get out and about, and enjoy life, something Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, was doing... Though, her definition of enjoying life was to lay upon a rather soft picnic blanket out in the middle of the many fields that surrounded Ponyville, the blanket tailored by her generous friend Rarity.

Course, that's not all she was doing. She was also reading a spellbook rather intently, her mind focused on honing her magical skills. Her horn was even surrounded by the usual aura that appeared when she was preparing, or already casting, a spell.

Applejack was sitting beside Twilight, watching Twilight and eating an apple. Though the orange mare didn't really understand what the spell was supposed to do, she was intent on helping her friend with it. Twilight had been obsessing over this for the past week it seemed, and now was the time she had enough magical energy to preform it.

She watched Twilight light up her horn, but for some reason, she got a bad feeling from it. 

"Twi, are ya sure this is a good idea?" She asked concerned. "I got a bad feeling from this."

Twilight merely sighed a bit, the sleepless nights trying to perfect the spell catching up to her, though she kept her composure. "I'm sure, Applejack. Spike and I have gone over every little detail of this spell a thousand times. It'll be fine." She said, before continuing to focus on the spell itself, the aura around her horn becoming even more prominent and... Violent?

Twilight strained, sweat starting to form on her forehead as she seemed to start having trouble, though she quickly spoke up before Applejack could say anything. "I'm f-fine. This part of the spell is just... Tricky."

Applejack simply cocked her head,"Uh-huh."

As she continued, she felt the strange feeling she got when Twi first started begin to swell, it seemed. First it was just a tad bit of 'this is a very bad idea'. Now, it seemed like it was saying 'Stop! Don't do it!' Along with that, she could tell Twilight was starting to wear out.

"Twilight, maybe you should stop. Ah don't think this is doing any good for you, let alone your noggin." She said with concern. " Besides, it doesn't seem to be doing anything."

"N-no! I got this!" Twilight replied with a strained voice, bolts of magical energy now beginning to fire wildly from her horn and into the sky, the entire spell becoming completely unstable, though she was too far into it to just... Stop. The realization of this quickly hit Twilight, and just like that, her stubborn attitude was gone. She was in danger, Applejack was in danger, this was NOT good.

"Applejack! G-get back!" She yelled out, though it was too late. With a yell, a 'bubble' of magical energy expanded from her horn, quickly engulfing her, and Applejack, and then that was it, they were pulled from Equestria itself, the magic plopping them... Somewhere else, somewhere that wasn't Equestria, that was for sure.

When Applejack was able to get her senses back, she found she was in a forest somewhere. It obviously wasn't where her and Twilight were seconds before. Just then, she remembered Twilight. She frantically looked around for her, and thankfully saw her right beside her. 

"Twilight! You okay." She put a hoof on her back, shaking her slightly.

Twilight was silent, her horn heavily and a bit of the top of her head heavily scorched. She was breathing, so that was some good news, though besides that she made no movements at all, her eyes shut.

It was rather quiet too. Their appearance must've scared off what birds happened to be around...

Applejack started to tear up, but Twilight was alive. If that was anything to go by, it was she was alright. She blinked a few times to keep the water from flowing, and still tried to wake up her friend.

"Twilight, c'mon wake up!" She shook a bit harder.

Twilight still didn’t stir, at least, she didn’t at first. She merely grumbled without making any real movements... Soon, though, she would fidget a bit, as her eyes fluttered open, though she immediately let out a pained hiss as her eyes began to water.

”M-my horn.., It f-feels like it’s... O-on Fire.” She said, finally coming to her senses.

Applejack sighed,"I know, sugarcube. You're gonna be alright." She continued looking around the forest, only seeing nothing but trees and more trees. Suddenly, she heard what sounded like a voice. Then, it became two. Never in her life did she think she would be so happy to hear somepony else besides her friends and family.

"Twi, I hear somepony!" She smiled. "I'm going to go get help, you stay here. I'll be right back." 

With that, she galloped towards the direction of the two voices, and as she got closer, they sounded like stallions. Once she got close enough to make out their conversation, she hid behind a bush just to be sure they weren't going to hurt her. There was stories of ponies in the Everfree that foalnapped ponies and held them for ransom. She didn't believe it, but it never hurt to be sure.

The voices had stopped at this point. The only real sound she'd be able to hear was what sounded like the soft crackling of a fire, though it also sounded like there was some shuffling about, as if somepony were quickly standing up... Course, she had rustled the bush she hid in, some maybe they were merely worried that she was, say, a dangerous animal, or something along those lines?

Applejack stayed hidden, but then she heard a voice call out in her direction. 

"Hello?" It was soft, but had a serious tone to it. "Anyone there?"

She didn't know who this was, but something that caught her attention was the term it used. 'Anyone?' She thought. 'Doesn't he mean anypony?'

She decided to reveal herself, and so she slowly peeked out from behind the bush to see something that truly terrified her.

Peter... Could hardly believe his eyes. Was he really seeing a pastel colored pony/horse peaking out from that bush? No, the stress had to be getting to him and now he was hallucinating, that or he unknowingly took drugs. That was the only way he could justify what exactly he was seeing.

He quickly rubbed his eyes, and when the pony didn't disappear, he just continued to stare. "...Rhett... Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" He asked, though he didn't take his eyes off of the pony.

Rhett was the same as Peter, staring intently at the small horse. It was orange, with a blonde mane and even a hat on its head. Was he going insane? 

"Yeah...I am..." He muttered, lowering his rifle slightly.

This didn't make any sense. Did the virus mutate some poor pony or something? Or is this just some cruel joke by God, who he was starting to doubt was even real anymore.