Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Journey (1x1 RP with CaptainJinx99)

Yuu Xeno

"Okay, at least I'm not insane or something." He said, chuckling at his small joke, though it did nothing to ease the tension that was now in the air. What exactly was he, or Rhett, supposed to do? Just... Wait for it to run off? Approach it? His mind was still trying to process it was even there, so for now, he merely stood there, still staring at it, though he had lowered his magum by now.

"...I swear, if it starts talking, I'm done." He said, making yet another joke to ease the tension.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhett lowered his gun completely, running a hand through his hair. He honestly wanted to just shoot it, seeing as they needed food. But, something stopped him from doing it. It seemed so...Human, yet animal at the same time. The main thing was it's facial expressions. It obviously was frightened, but it was blown way out of proportion for just an animal.

"Hey." He sat on one knee, kneeling down to its level. It was still ten feet away, but he wanted to make sure he didn't seem like he would harm it. "I'm not gonna hurt you. You don't have to be scared." He gave a soft smile.

Again, if he was being honest, he felt like this...pony could understand him, judging by its face.

Peter took a moment to just sort of... Collect his thoughts, though Rhett actually DOING Something did sort of help take him out of his thinking and back to reality, causing him to sigh as he finally decided to do something other than stare at the thing. Following Rhett's lead, he got down on one knee, giving the pony a friendly smile as he spoke up. 

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you either, alright? No need to be afraid, see?" He said, putting his gun off to the side. He didn't knew if the pony would understand the thing was a weapon or something, but it didn't hurt to put it away, just in case.

Applejack didn't know what to make of the situation. These...strange creatures seemed nice, and she could tell they weren't acting. She wasn't the Element of Honesty for no reason. She tried to speak, but she was still having a hard time finding the right words. She's never seen or heard of anything like these creatures, let alone think they could talk. Again, they seemed friendly, if their words were anything to go by. Finally, she managed out a few words.

"W-what are...you?" She muttered.

Peter immediately froze up, any words he had forming in his throat merely getting stuck there. It just talked, that shouldn't be possible. No, this wasn't possible, period. Yet... Here they were, stumbling upon a pastel colored pony, wearing a hat, who could talk. His mind swam with thoughts just trying to figure out how this could be happening. He was shocked to say the least, but... Well, he managed to break through it eventually.

"...H-humans..." He muttered back, finally managing to let out one word to answer the ponies question.

Rhett's eyes went wide upon hearing the pony talk. How in the world did a pony, an animal, just speak English? Any thoughts of him going crazy were now confirmed, to say the least. 

"Y-yeah...w-what he...said." He stuttered. 

Applejack cocked her head a bit. Why were these...Humans, as the one said, so surprised all of the sudden when she talked. Was it because they were in these woods for years, and never seen anypony for ages? She was about to ask when she heard Twilight groan from where she had been laying.

"My friend, she needs help!" She shouted. "Can you please help her?" 

Peter quickly shook his head. There was another one of these weird... Pastel ponies? That was it. Today was officially the weirdest day he'd ever had, and he'd been having a LOT of weird days ever since the world unofficially ended, or at least, civilization did. Course, the thing that caught his attention was the mention of it needing help. It could be lying, but it's face, the way it spoke... Something in his gut told him it-sorry, SHE-was telling the truth.

"U-uh, I mean... R-rhett here is pretty good with medicine and stuff." He said, pointing over to Rhett with his thumb.

Rhett gave a quick nod,"Y-yeah. Where's your...friend." He screamed internally just thinking there could be another talking horse somewhere.

Applejack motioned with her hoof behind her,"This way." With that, she galloped with all her strength back to Twilight.

Rhett looked to Peter, giving him a confused look while he grabbed his backpack.

"Well, uh... Let's get going, I guess." Peter said, as he began to run after Applejack, though he made sure to wait for Rhett to grab his backpack first. More talking ponies/horses... Great. He could already tell today was going to be quite an interesting day.

They'd eventually reach Twilight, who was still right where Applejack left her, her eyes closed as she groaned in pain, though she cracked them open when she heard the three approaching... Causing her to yelp in panic as she instinctively prepared a spell, only to let out another yelp, a pained one this time, as her horn fizzled, and she held her head in pain with one of her hooves.

Applejack sat near Twilight, putting a hoof on her shoulder. "Twilight, it's okay. Ah found some help, don't worry." She then gestured to the two Humans making their way over.

Upon seeing the orange pony sitting next to what looked to be a purple one, he gave a loud sigh," Great. I was hoping for less colors." He sat down next to the orange pony, then looked over the purple one. This pony was purple, obviously, and her mane was a darker shade pf purple with a few streaks of pink. The one thing about her, though, was she had a pair of wings and a horn. 'Unicorn?' He thought. 'This is officially the weirdest day of my life.'

Peter immediately stopped in his tracks as soon as he got close enough to the purple pony, a rather bewildered look creeping onto his face. ‘A... Pegacorn? Or... Yesh. Alright. I’ve gone insane.’ He though to himself, as he sat down next to Rhett.

Teilight groaned again, gritting her teeth as she looked at the two humans. ‘What... Are they?’ She thought to herself, as Peter  chuckled and looked over at Rhett. 

“Uh, hope you know how to heal horns.” He said, jokingly. Though he did seem semi-concerned for Twiligjt, shock was just overriding his senses at the moment.

Rhett glanced over to Peter, giving him a look of 'why?'. He then got the first aid kit from his backpack and took out some things to help. 'I'm helping a talking Unicorn/Pegasus...great.' He sighed to himself.

"They're...Humans." Applejack told her friend. As she saw the one with long hair start working, she noticed that they looked very dirty and beat up. Why were they out here, and why did they look as if they went through Tartarus and back?

“H-humans...” Twilight mumbled, curiosity quickly filling her eyes as she looked at the two humans. She’d never seen anything like them before. How come she’d never heard about them? She had so many questions...

Peter looked over at Applejsck, and decided to try and comfort her a bit, knowing she was concerned for her friend. “Hey, uh, your friends going to be okay, alright? My friends really good with medicine and stuff. She’ll be good as new in no time.”

With semi-shaky hands, Rhett took a piece of cloth and doused it with cool water from his canteen. "Now, uh...pony, this might be a bit cold, so bear with me, okay?" With that, he placed the cloth on her forehead, where a nasty looking burn was. He was almost tempted to touch her horn, to see if it was actually real, but decided against it.

Applejack watched cautiously for any signs of danger from the Human. He might've looked friendly, but who knows if he would hurt Twilight or not. 'Better safe than sorry.' She told herself.

Twilight winced, but didn’t really make any other movements than that. She saw no reason to. So far the two humans had been friendly, and they were helping her. She was wary, but... Not too wary.

”...Twilight, my name is Twilight.” She eventually let out, her eyes looking directly at Rhett as she spoke. 

“Twilight, huh? And what’s your name?” Peter asked, looking over at Applejsck.

"Applejack." She said simply. "What about you two fellas?"

Still working on Twilight, Rhett looked up to the pony now know as Applejack. "I'm Rhett." He took off the cloth, seeing as the swelling of the injury was already going down. He didn't know how or why it was like that, but he honestly didn't want to find out.

“Applejsck, huh? Well it’s nice to meet you both. I’m Peter. Peter Henderson if you want to be formal or something.” He said, chuckling a bit. He certainly seemed friendly enough, even if his appearance was quite ragged.

”Well, it’s... Nice to meet both of you.” Twilight said, managing a small smile.

(edited)

Rhett treated Twilight a bit more, and once he finished, he sat up with a sigh. "Well, I'm no expert on...Unicorns, but it looks as if your noggin was..." He paused for a moment,"damaged, it seems."

Applejack raised an eyebrow,"What do ya mean, damaged?"

Rhett shrugged,"I mean, her brain has some damage done to it. Like, bad." He rubbed the back of his neck,"Good news is, it's not permanent, but it'll take a bit to heal."

Edited by Yuu Xeno

Twilight immediately cringed at the thought of her brain being damaged. Brain damage was never good, and he did say it was pretty bad... But... At least it wasn't permanent, so she had that to be thankful for. "...Well, thank you for taking a look at it, Mr, uh. Rhett." She said, cringing as some pain flared up in her head.

Peter let out a sigh as he looked around, before looking back at Applejack and Twilight. "So, does one of you mind explaining where exactly you came from and why you're out in the middle of the forest alone?"

Applejack looked to Twilight, remembering the events before...this, all happened. "I think Twi might be a better pony to ask. She's better at all this magic-do-hickey than ah am, plus it was her that did the spell anyways."

Rhett raised an eyebrow,"Spell? As in...magic?" He was a little confused by what Applejack meant, but with everything that's happened in the last few minutes, he really shouldn't be surprised. There were dead people walking around and killing the living, for Christ's sake. 

Twilight groaned again, but slowly nodded. "Yes, magic. You DO know about magic, right?" She asked, looking at the two with a confused expression. Magic was practically everywhere in Equestria, they had to know about it... Right?

Peter merely stared a long while at Twilight, before he began to chuckle. "...Magic... Alright, magic, why not." He said, chuckling a bit louder as he looked over at Rhett. "I guess we've seen crazier things."

"...Wait, excuse me, but do you mind telling us where in Equestria we are?" She asked, a realization suddenly hitting her, one she knew was highly unlikely but... She had to be sure... And the confused look Peter gave confirmed her fears.

"Equestria...? Uh, never heard of it... You're in the State of Washington, in the United States of America... Erm, former United States I guess at this point." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

Applejack cocked her head,"What's a State of Washing-what?" In all her life, she's never heard of that place before, and she's been all across Equestria. Sure, it may have been for just selling apples, but her point still stands.

Rhett glanced at Peter, who had the same look of 'What the hell?' He was about to explain when he heard a scream. It was a bit of a ways off, and was mostly blocked by the trees, but he knew what it was. He stood up, readying his M16. "Shit, Virals." He cursed.

Twilights ears immediately flattened against her head as the scream ran throughout the forest... And another, and then another. What the heck WAS that? The quick change in the two humans demeanor did little to ease her worries, too.

"You've gotta be kidding me. Now's really not the best time." He said, tightening the grip on his MP5K as he looked around in a bit of a panic, expecting a viral to suddenly just pop out of the trees and pounce on him. "Shit, it sounds like there's a pretty good number of them too. Rhett, we can't risk being caught out here. We've gotta get somewhere safer."

Applejack flattened her ears as well. "What's going on? Who are they?" As much as she didn't want to know, it was obvious by the Peter and Rhett's behavior it didn't mean anything good.

Rhett ran a number of options through his head, before looking at the two ponies. "Alright, we need to go. Now." He then turned to Peter,"That house on the hill, when was the last time you were there?" It may have been a ways away, but it was the only shelter for miles. It would have to do, if they wanted even a slight chance at living.

"Uhhhh. I went there a few days ago. It was cleared out last I checked." Peter said, as the screaming only seemed to get louder with every passing second. This wasn't good, this REALLY wasn't good. If they were going to go, they had to go NOW.

Twilight, knowing that the situation seemingly dire, tried her best to keep up on her hooves, though she wobbled a bit and clearly wasn't really in the condition to be running around, or flying, or... Doing much of anything really. "Ugh, I... Don't think I can do this."