Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health How Do You Handle An Upset Stomach?

Denim&Venöm

Here's what I do:

For mildly-upset stomach: Ginger Ale, TUMS, and plenty of water.

For moderately-upset stomach and indigestion: Pepto Bismol and TUMS

For severely-upset stomach and severe indigestion: Induce vomiting only as a last resort.

What I try to do is either lay down or take something to help settle it without trying to throw up.

Well reading through many of these most advice I was going to give has already been given however this may sound a bit awkward but if you get someone to very lightly tickle your belly that actually has eased it a LOT for me in the past especially when I was a little kid.  I guess the feeling of having your belly tickled feels good and takes your mind of that swirling dizzy feeling that we all so much loath. 

I just ask: What would Ron Swanson do? Then I try to tell my stomach to get over it. If that doesnt work, i apply pressure to the area where it feels like the discomfort is coming from. Then I do breathing exercises. It usually always works...with the exceptions being the times I had to...you know.....

I drink mint tea with ground ginger when I feel sick to my stomach. I will also eat apple skin. These all have stomach-settling properties. I try to use PROVEN natural cures when possible as they are usually as strong as OTC stuff. 

• 1 year later...

I try not to get an upset stomach. Meaning I don't try to get stressed, or eat a lot of stuff my stomach can't handle.

If I still fail this, I will lay down, and take the pain, hoping it will pass.

• Brohoof 1