Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey! I'm new!

JCKane

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google search

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

It was on Netflix, I knew of it's popularity and decided to check it out. Got hooked.

Hello.  As I said above, I'm new and I'm fresh off finishing a MLP: FIM Marathon.  Watched episode 1 all the way up to the MLP movie (and 3 episodes of Season 8).   My favorite character in the series would have to be Starlight Glimmer. (Sunset Shimmer would have to be my 2nd favorite).

Uh, not fully sure what else to say. So uh... hi! :)

• Brohoof 8

@JCKane, welcome to our forum. Starlight is certainly a character I have a fondness for these days.

I'm glad to see new fans come on board and should you have any questions feel free to hit me up. 

• Brohoof 3

Welcome aboard, JCKane! Starlight Glimmer is one of my favorites as well.

• Brohoof 4

You managed to do all of that? I can't even get myself to sit down and watch 2 episodes at once! :please:

Either way, welcome to the MLP Forums, my dude~! :squee: It's great to have you here!

Have a great time out there, my dude~! I'm looking forward to seeing you around~! :grin:

• Brohoof 4

Oh, forgot to mention I did include the EG Movies/specials in my marathon.  Granted I didn't watch them in their timelined order (as I just paused in Season 6 I believe to watch them)

Also it's kind of funny.  MLP: FIM is probably the first series where I could literally turn around and start watching it again, as soon as I finish watching it.  Seriously, the first time I watched the season (season 1-5/6) I started watching season 1 again after I finished :P:D

Oh, I also wanted to mention, I'd say my first interest in the series (aside again the popularness of it and seeing it on Netflix) was back when I was a kid, I seen the My Little Pony Movie refered to as "Escape to Crystal Castle"  Which I think it's pretty cool how many characters were taken from that movie (seriously, didn't even realize the main villain was used too... until I looked it up.)

• Brohoof 3

Thanks for all the welcomes.  And yeah, Starlight's my favorite Pony :)

Admitedly, when I originally was doing my first marathon of the series (a year or 2 ago) I was debating on which Pony was my favorite.  While I do like all the Mane 6 characters I was trying to narrow them down to 1 tbh.  Which, I'd have to say, Rarity and I think AppleJack were the only ones that I didn't really consider to much.  Don't get me wrong, I like both of them just they didn't have the uh... quality/personality that I was looking for.

Fluttershy I think I considered for a bit too, forget why I changed my mind. :/

Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash were pretty top and I enjoyed all three of them.  But I think Twilight really takes the spot when it comes to which is my favorite of the Mane 6.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Incredibly fast?  Hmm... it took me I'd say uh... hmm... how long did it take me to marathon the entire series... :huh:  huh... it was either 2 or 3 weeks :/  Cuz I finished my Marvel Movie Marathon (in anticipation to watch Avenger's Infinity War) in the week of the 8th.  (which I think I finished it around the 10th.)  ok just double checked and watched the final movie (Black Panther) on the 9th.  Then I watched a few other movies on Netflix since I got a free trial to watch Captian America Civil war since my dad's copy was missing.   Then I tried to watch the MLP:FIM episodes I hadn't seen yet (ended up reWatching a few Season 6 episodes but *shrug*) and then I watched all of Season 7... but at that point I wanted to just reWatch the series (as it had been a year or two since I watched it) thus I started over... so probably the 13th-ish is when I started it again.  And I even reWatched Season 7 and those episodes of season 6 despite debating on rather I would or not.

So yeah... took me like 2 weeks to watch MLP: FIM Seasons 1-7 AND the EG Movies (all 4 of them) and the EG specials and miniseries.

I mean yeah it may be pretty fast :D But, tbh I probably have more time on my hands than most people.  I'm a full time online student and we usually have like 1 or 2 things to do in a week. 

Edited by JCKane
  • Brohoof 2

Welcome to the Forums, it's a very nice place from what I've seen so far. 2/3 weeks is pretty fast, probably a bit too fast :) 

When I got into the show, I also binge watched it in 2 weeks. Granted, that was when it was only up to season 6, but still. Then again, I did have school 5 days a week, so I guess it evens out

Anyway, hope you have fun :P 

• Brohoof 1

I binge just about any thing I usually get into. I can't help it. :)

My dad think's I'm weird.  He can't understand how I can "Sit there and watch the same thing for hours on straight."  Also thanks for the welcome :)

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

Why hello twilight and sunset are my favorite ponies too 

OOh, nice.  You like 2 of my top 3 Ponies :)  Starlight being the other ofcourse :) 

Just now, Nightfall Thunder said:

I do that too most of the time, kind of difficult to find something that I can get into though :) 

Yeah.  I find that odd too.  Sadly, I also have a problem with TV in general.  Seriously, even if I'm either not interested or dislike it or what not... I can't help but look at the TV when it's on.. no matter what's playing :/  In fact, it's pretty bad.  This one time, my brother, his GF, his friend, and I went to see a movie in theaters... then we returned to said friend's house to spend the night.  I was dead tired at that point.  Like I'd be asleep within a minute of closing my eyes.  Then "Hey let's watch a movie"  *sigh*… and it was even a movie that I had not only seen but I disliked one part of the ending so I was like, yeah I'm just going to sleep.  But the dumb movie woke me up... and I watched it and... funny enough I was the ONLY one who lasted the entire movie without falling asleep.  And I couldn't get to sleep after it was over. :/

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, JCKane said:

OOh, nice.  You like 2 of my top 3 Ponies :)  Starlight being the other ofcourse :) 

Yeah.  I find that odd too.  Sadly, I also have a problem with TV in general.  Seriously, even if I'm either not interested or dislike it or what not... I can't help but look at the TV when it's on.. no matter what's playing :/  In fact, it's pretty bad.  This one time, my brother, his GF, his friend, and I went to see a movie in theaters... then we returned to said friend's house to spend the night.  I was dead tired at that point.  Like I'd be asleep within a minute of closing my eyes.  Then "Hey let's watch a movie"  *sigh*… and it was even a movie that I had not only seen but I disliked one part of the ending so I was like, yeah I'm just going to sleep.  But the dumb movie woke me up... and I watched it and... funny enough I was the ONLY one who lasted the entire movie without falling asleep.  And I couldn't get to sleep after it was over. :/

No problem

3 minutes ago, JCKane said:

But the dumb movie woke me up... and I watched it and... funny enough I was the ONLY one who lasted the entire movie without falling asleep.  And I couldn't get to sleep after it was over. :/

Unfortunately, being accidentally woken up sometimes makes it hard to fall back to sleep. I don't think I'd be able to force myself to watch something I'd disliked though.

10 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

Unfortunately, being accidentally woken up sometimes makes it hard to fall back to sleep. I don't think I'd be able to force myself to watch something I'd disliked though.

See, I didn't even fall asleep.  Just I heard it and as it continued my mind slowly woke up :/

• Brohoof 1

Well hello there, and welcome to our online universe! I can see you are already getting used to how it works! I hope you have a fun time here with us all! :P

Starlight and Sunset are great characters. Tbh I was still on the fence about Starlight until I saw the Season 8 premiere. That did it for me, and I admit now that she is one of the best characters, no question.

Also, you watch things really fast! How do you do it? I've never heard of someone going through that much video ever before! :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Well hello there, and welcome to our online universe! I can see you are already getting used to how it works! I hope you have a fun time here with us all! :P

Starlight and Sunset are great characters. Tbh I was still on the fence about Starlight until I saw the Season 8 premiere. That did it for me, and I admit now that she is one of the best characters, no question.

Also, you watch things really fast! How do you do it? I've never heard of someone going through that much video ever before! :sunbutt:

Thanks for the welcome and yeah i'm checking out things, working on catching up on Season 8 and doing some comments on the episodes as I watch them for extra fun :)

Curious though, what about Season 8 premiere pushed you to the 'like' Starlight?

As for how I watched that much that fast.. I mean, as I said above, I have a lot of time on my hands, and usually when I get into something (rather a movie or series) I tend to watch it/play it non-stop.  (well when I'm not doing something else that I require ;) ).

Usually when I get interested in a series, I tend to watch the entire thing.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Curious though, what about Season 8 premiere pushed you to the 'like' Starlight?

The part where she used common sense when she told Twilight what to do, who was so caught up in about the school being closed by the EEA. She just seems to be able to see things that others cannot.

29 minutes ago, JCKane said:

As for how I watched that much that fast.. I mean, as I said above, I have a lot of time on my hands, and usually when I get into something (rather a movie or series) I tend to watch it/play it non-stop.  (well when I'm not doing something else that I require ;) ).

I see. So you're one of those people who has a lot of free time. That's good. :D

35 minutes ago, TheNerdyGriffon said:

welcome to the forums ! have a great time ! :squee:  ......havent done a welcome post in a verry long time XD nice oc btw :3

Thanks :)  And yeah used that MLP creator thing.  Wish I could draw that well.  (seriously my hand drawing is super duper basic and not the best :( )  I call her Shadow Flare.  More to her that I've come up with though.  But probably not too interesting :/

30 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

The part where she used common sense when she told Twilight what to do, who was so caught up in about the school being closed by the EEA. She just seems to be able to see things that others cannot.

Ah yeah, that's true. :)  One of the things I do like about her too.

33 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

I see. So you're one of those people who has a lot of free time. That's good. :D

Yep.  Though on the disappointing side... I have some of my own ideas (non-fanfiction things) I've been wanting to work on in my free time but find it hard to start on them :(

• Brohoof 2