Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Change "Crazy" emoticon into "Disliked" emoticon.

Gestum

17 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

The way I look at that status, the three reactions can be taken as aggresions. It is a very serious and rare status update, you cannot take an anomaly as the sample to change something.

This is just an example, but there are many more opportunities, not necessarily rare, to offend users with the reaction system.

And to be clear, personally I don't have any issues with any of these, just pointing out, that users will always find a way to misuse something if they really want to.

• Brohoof 2

I only give out those blue jellybean-looking brohoofs. 

Sure, sometimes I "like" someones post who is disagreeing with one of my friends but it's better than giving you a crazy or shocked emote, IMO.

• The topic was locked
  • 2 weeks later...

This is why we can't have nice things. I sat here and defended the use of two of the reactions and said that they will not be abused. I pushed for their adoption and said that this community would be responsible. Instead, they have not be used as they were intended and those that disagreed with me have shown to be somewhat more in touch with this reality than I was. I was wrong. 

Since two of the reactions have been abused they are temporarily disabled. I'll revisit enabling them in the future when I can evaluate proper controls on them. 

• Brohoof 9