Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thunder Dash - An MLP Memorial Day Special

Courageous Thunder Dash

29 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

One word: Moving.

It is very moving. The way the melody plays out is quite touching really. Amazing work. Well done.

I wish a good Memorial Day to you @C. Thunder Dash! I hope it's been a good one so far!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a good rest of your Memorial Day 

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Yes, that pony is saluting. How'd you enjoy the piece?

Not bad.  Seemed rather "midi", if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Mortar said:

Not bad.  Seemed rather "midi", if you know what I mean.

This was all done with my live setup. Maybe I should've put some reverb on it to emphasize the "live" aspect of it. 

23 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

This was all done with my live setup. Maybe I should've put some reverb on it to emphasize the "live" aspect of it. 

A touch of reverb can enhance a track, but what I was referring to was the sound quality of the instruments.  They sounded rather phony, especially the brass.  What kind of setup do you have?

13 hours ago, Mortar said:

A touch of reverb can enhance a track, but what I was referring to was the sound quality of the instruments.  They sounded rather phony, especially the brass.  What kind of setup do you have?

I have a live setup and a very expensive keyboard workstation to I used to record this. 

• Brohoof 1

On 5/30/2018 at 10:41 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

I have a live setup and a very expensive keyboard workstation to I used to record this. 

I'm into synths myself.  What kind of keyboard, and what do you mean by "live setup"?

7 hours ago, Mortar said:

I'm into synths myself.  What kind of keyboard, and what do you mean by "live setup"?

Live setup means any rig in which you are playing an instrument to record in a software. I have a Korg Kronos which I record into Studio One. 

2 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Live setup means any rig in which you are playing an instrument to record in a software. I have a Korg Kronos which I record into Studio One. 

Yep, definitely high-end keyboard.  I had to go downscale a bit for my workstation; got a Roland Juno G, but I'm happy with it.  Studio One's a nice DAW.  If I wasn't already entrenched with Reason (no regrets), that would've been a contender.  I do have a few Korgs:  Radius, MS2000R and the complete Volca line, except the mixers (yet).

Anywho, look forward to hearing more of your tunes.

1 hour ago, Mortar said:

Yep, definitely high-end keyboard.  I had to go downscale a bit for my workstation; got a Roland Juno G, but I'm happy with it.  Studio One's a nice DAW.  If I wasn't already entrenched with Reason (no regrets), that would've been a contender.  I do have a few Korgs:  Radius, MS2000R and the complete Volca line, except the mixers (yet).

Anywho, look forward to hearing more of your tunes.

Most of them are on here and YouTube. And Roland isn't bad at all. 

• 4 months later...