Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony of the mane 6 would you have as your girlfriend?

Akemi Homura

432 users have voted

1. 1. Which pony of the mane 6 would you have as your girlfriend?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • AppleJack
    • Fluttershy
    • None of the above/NA

Well, i would say that i love Twilight, she so perfect for me; i like that a girls is smart and know what she is talking abot, that you make a historical referenca and she gets it. I think that because all the girs where i live are sooo stupid (etcept 2 that are realy smart, they are awesome to talk with) really, they get lost on a simple equation, im not a genious, they are stupid.

Back on the topic, Twilight is awesome, to me she's the best pony, and if it would be a human (and existo oviusly) my posible wife :P

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

Before I joined this forum, I wanted to post a poll about which was your favorite pony. It became very apparent to me that this topic has been talked to death about. So I have created a different angle to the "favorite pony" question. Which pony of the mane 6 would you like to have as your girlfriend? I'm talking about the entire package: looks, personality, likes/dislikes, history, etc.

If you're a straight girl or gay guy, I encourage you to pick the 7th choice none of the above/NA. Same thing if you don't like any of the 6 and you prefer a different character. If you think this whole topic is just creepy or whatever pick the 7th option.

(Pinkie-Panda07 was smart enough to make a boyfriend version of this topic. Check it out! http://mlpforums.com/topic/17718-which-mane-6-would-you-have-for-a-boyfriend/)

Please post why you picked the pony you did. (it doesn't have to be a full blown analysis like mine)

One more thing: this is not beastiality, just pretend they were humans or you were a pony.

Here's my choice: Twilight Sparkle

Here's my logic; I'll go pony by pony.

Rainbow Dash.

+: She's the strong athletic type. She likes to compete and show off her skills. This is completely acceptable to me and I actually like that. She also represents the Element of Loyalty so I would never have to worry about her cheating on me with anypony. She would protect me if I ever got myself in trouble and stand up for me. Lastly, she would love to do the adventurous things in life like skiing, flying, boarding, whatever.

-: She's the type that's going to have to wear the pants in the relationship if you know what I mean. I foresee problems that may include conflicts of interest and decision making. She might not let me man up to the problems that face both of us. Rainbow Dash has demonstrated that she takes her problems "head on" literally, which may not be the best course of action. This may not be a problem for some bronies but for me I have to take the drivers seat in relationships most of the time. She also may not want much depth into the relationship. I take her as the "physical relationship" type. You know the type; always wanting to make out and not talk about each other. The relationship may go too fast. And finally, I can predict the relationship may not last long if I become, "Old news" to her.

Verdict: I wouldn't pursue her for the sole reason for not having a deep relationship and only wanting the physical side of things. It may not be a problem for some of you but I've had enough experience with relationships to know I wouldn't want that. Some of you may even disagree with the fact that she may only want a physical relationship, that is just my impression.

Applejack.

+: She is an independent pony. She owns and works her own business (or at least partially owns). She is a hard worker. She isn't afraid of having fun and getting dirty. There aren't many ponies like this that like work and play. Also, like Rainbow Dash, she wouldn't cheat on me because she represents the Element of Honesty. She is the type that could have a deep conversation about our relationship and life in general. She enjoys the simple things in life; things like apples, nature, fun, games, and friendly competition. She is street smart. Her accent is cute, and her freckles add to the cuteness. I have a thing for blondes too.

-: Perhaps she works a little to hard, because from what I've watched she puts her priority as work, then play. Once in a while you have to put relationships ahead of work, and she may or may not do so. I'm not sure. She grew up on the farm and I don't know what kind of formal education she has. I mentioned that she was independent on the positives paragraph. This trait doesn't come without a chunk of pride. She doesn't accept help very often because she believes that would be a sign of weakness. One of the most important things in any relationship is the ablility to give and receive help. Applejack may have a problem with receiving help.

Verdict: She is my top 3 for sure, maybe top 2. She is everything you would want in a girlfriend. You won't get the drama and you will have a worthwhile time with her. You will read later down why I picked Twilight ahead of Applejack.

Pinkie Pie.

+: She's that kind of pony that would never miss a birthday and would make a super great friend. Her parties show that she has you in mind and wants to make you feel special! She goes out of her way to make you feel happy and good about yourself. She is cute and has freakin' ballons as her cutie mark, how cool is that!? And don't forget that iconic smile!

-: She is a one dimensional pony. There must be moderation in all things, and pinkie demonstrates that to much of a good thing is bad. As demonstrated by a later episode in season 1, she becomes depressed and insane when she fails to make others happy or, in this case, have friends that don't like her parties. I also foresee a lack of meta-communication, which is talking about the relationship. The whole relationship would be about hanging out and partying and whatnot; A.K.A. she would not take it seriously. As I have said in the positives paragraph, she would make a great friend, but not necessarily a great girlfriend.

Verdict: She is a fun pony to be around and would always make you feel good about yourself. You could always turn to her to feel better. Because of this, it would be near impossible to get out of the friend zone. Even if you could get out of the friend zone, she wouldn't take the relationship seriously.

Rarity.

+: I don't know if it's the hair or the eyelashes, but this pony's crowning trait is her looks. A flaming hot 10! That's just me though. Anyways, she has taste in fashion, not a big deal for a guy like me, but being seen with her is super good! She could help me with looking good, such as creating tuxedos for me or whatever. She respects and recognizes chivalry which is a big thing I do for girls. She has her own business with her clothes store and is very good in the trade. This is a huge plus! I think she would be capable of having a deep conversation and deep relationship. The romance would be great. Things like walks, dinner, and movies would be memorable.

-: She is going to be high maintenance. Seriously high maintenance. You can just tell! She's the kind of girl that would call me in the middle of the night to kill a small harmless bug in her house and say its the worst thing to ever happen. Everytime she gets down in the dumps I would have to cheer her up with either a gift or a long conversation. I can imagine talking to somepony who happens to be a girl, and then Rarity would get jealous and ask me suspicious questions. In other words: drama. It would be hard to remain friends with the other 5 mane ponies without her getting possibly jealous. Spike would be furious too, and I don't want bad blood with a dragon that can grow up and kick my butt. And one last thing... she seems to be the high risk, low reward type of pony if you know what I mean.

Verdict: Spike being furious would have nothing to do with being or not being with Rarity, because if she's truly worth it nothing else matters. However, the high maintenance girly girl thing is unsustainable for me. I wouldn't be able to handle a girl that can't deal with her own little problems. I would be glad to help out with things like run her business or whatever, but not bug smashings. I'm unlikely to pursue her.

Fluttershy.

+: I've always had a thing for the shy types. It's exciting for me to slowly warm them up to me and to get to know them while I slowly gain their trust and break down walls. She has a soft spot for little animals and nature, which is very cute. I could see us taking long nature walks and having a picnic on top of a grassy hill. The relationship wouldn't be about the physical stuff and I could imagine her being super excited for things like the first kiss or first date. A long term relationship is very viable (as that's what I'm going for) with her. Plus she can fly!

-: You know that saying, "It's the quiet ones you have to worry about." ? This isn't always true with shy girls but as demonstrated in the "Best night ever" episode, she has a history of freaking out if she isn't loved by animals. I can foresee transfering to a relationship and becoming a problem if we ever broke up, or if she loved me and I didn't. Just imagine her stalking her ex after he broke up with her: "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!!!" ...... yeah.

Verdict: I believe the pros outweight the cons with Fluttershy. She's right up there with Applejack and Twilight Sparkle. But if you read the next entry you will understand why did didn't pick her.

Twilight Sparkle.

+: Intelligent. Cute. Talented. Friendly. Humble. Funny. Organized. Enjoyable. Independent. Has a freaking baby dragon! What more could a guy want? I have no idea why every stalion doesn't have their hooves all over her. She's the kind of pony that's detail oriented, meaning she won't forget birthdays, anniversary's, or engagments. She probably isn't skiddish either so you can expect her to give you straight answers.

-: Three letters: OCD. I just got done watching the third episode of season two, and she freaks out over small things! It may not be the same level as Rarity, but if one thing is out of place she has to fix it. She also overthinks things when she becomes anxious, which can be unhealthy for a relationship. Twilight is also focused on her friends and friendship at this time, so it may be hard to avoid/exit the friend zone with her.

Verdict: Whatever complications there may be with Twilight Sparkle, they're worth it. I believe we would best fit each other's needs while having an enjoyable relationship. I wouldn't want to drive her away from her friends but I also don't want her to consider me one of them. I would want her to think of me as more, of course. Twilight wins close right above Fluttershy and Applejack. Twilight is better than those two because I think she has the complete package.

Addendum: Of course none of this is real and never will be (duh), but if MLP:FiM teaches me one thing, its what kind of person I want to be with.

EDIT: In case you were wondering, the order from best to worst is:

1) Twilight Sparkle

2) Apple Jack (Tie)

2) Fluttershy (Tie)

4) Rarity

5) Pinkie Pie

6) Rainbow Dash

TL; DR

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hHuGC69_0s[/media]

Edited by My little pwny
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle.

+: Intelligent. Cute. Talented. Friendly. Humble. Funny. Organized. Enjoyable. Independent. Has a freaking baby dragon! What more could a guy want? I have no idea why every stalion doesn't have their hooves all over her. She's the kind of pony that's detail oriented, meaning she won't forget birthdays, anniversary's, or engagments. She probably isn't skiddish either so you can expect her to give you straight answers.

-: Three letters: OCD. I just got done watching the third episode of season two, and she freaks out over small things! It may not be the same level as Rarity, but if one thing is out of place she has to fix it. She also overthinks things when she becomes anxious, which can be unhealthy for a relationship. Twilight is also focused on her friends and friendship at this time, so it may be hard to avoid/exit the friend zone with her.

Verdict: Whatever complications there may be with Twilight Sparkle, they're worth it. I believe we would best fit each other's needs while having an enjoyable relationship. I wouldn't want to drive her away from her friends but I also don't want her to consider me one of them. I would want her to think of me as more, of course. Twilight wins close right above Fluttershy and Applejack. Twilight is better than those two because I think she has the complete package.

If I were a pony, I would ask Twilight out because she is so intelligent that the conversations we would have would be intriguing. The attraction is more for the who the pony is instead of looks

However, an episode were another pony falls in love with fluttershy would be funny

Edited by Anony-Brony

(edited)

Well, if the species difference wasn't an issue, or if any of them were mental enough to be seen in the same zip code as me, I would choose Fluttershy.

Edited by HylianMadness
  • Brohoof 1

Although my beloved Twilight Sparkle will probably never be bisexual, I'd still choose her, not only for her breathtakenly good looks, but for the level of intelligence she shows on a constant basis. This is what I find most hot about her. The fact that she can spit out random facts in a moment's notice. Besides, with her genius she probably knows every trick in the bedroom there is....soooo hot!

The whole OCD thing doesn't bother me, I personally find it adorable. Mostly because I can be the same way when it comes to my school work, or if I'm planning something for someone. Everything has to be perfect with me!

Twilight Sparkle isn't perfect, but she's perfect for me!

• Brohoof 1

Although my beloved Twilight Sparkle will probably never be bisexual, I'd still choose her, not only for her breathtakenly good looks, but for the level of intelligence she shows on a constant basis. This is what I find most hot about her. The fact that she can spit out random facts in a moment's notice. Besides, with her genius she probably knows every trick in the bedroom there is....soooo hot!

The whole OCD thing doesn't bother me, I personally find it adorable. Mostly because I can be the same way when it comes to my school work, or if I'm planning something for someone. Everything has to be perfect with me!

Twilight Sparkle isn't perfect, but she's perfect for me!

How did i know that you'd brohoof my post?

(edited)

Rainbow or AJ.

For Rainbow, it'd be like having a boyfriend. But with female genitalia. Hmm.

Although because I'm, ah "equal" for if I'd prefer women or men, I wouldn't care at all.

AJ...It's AJ.

An' dem southern belles are jus' so darn cute!

Edited by Cain

I would actually go with Twilight, i bet you thought I'd pick Fluttershy eh? not this time, sorry Fluttershy, you are my favorite pony, but Twilight seems to have the complete package, which is a definite positive in this situation, for me anyway.

• Brohoof 1

A girl with a personality of Applejack sounds good.

But I wouldn't date a pony. (Unless I was pony ofc)

Totally picked AJ.

Seriously, don't ask me to explain.

No Rarity anymore?

(edited)

Humans and Ponies are both mammals!! ;)

So Fluttershy :)

I would actually go with Twilight, i bet you thought I'd pick Fluttershy eh? not this time, sorry Fluttershy, you are my favorite pony, but Twilight seems to have the complete package, which is a definite positive in this situation, for me anyway.

I know whatyou mean, itisvery close me for with Flutts and Twi, but i just look at thembig eyes of Flutters, and i melt c:

Edited by Speedy Transition

Aaarrgghh this is tough. :(

Honesty, if I could, I'd go out with any of them cause they're make fun dates. <3

And despite Pinkie Pie being my favorite pony, I'd have to say AppleJack. :blush:

She's a strong, wise, and hard-working pony. Plus, I like cowgirls. :lol:

I'M SORRY PINKIE PIE. </3

• Brohoof 2

I know whatyou mean, itisvery close me for with Flutts and Twi, but i just look at thembig eyes of Flutters, and i melt c:

Those quiet, shy eyes, just begging for love ;)

• Brohoof 2