Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What should they do with Wallflower and/or Juniper Montage?

Toon4Thought

The two most recent EqG antagonists both have the kind of background that IMO merit at least one more appearance each, even if minor. Wallflower's entire character is that she's a loner and that should be addressed in some form, while the scenes in Movie and Mirror Magic where Juniper is acting nicer to the main cast shows a decent amount of potential for a supporting role.

So what do you guys think they should do with either of these characters? Like, in terms of story and possible arcs, regardless of size?

Ignore Juniper. That character was a mistake. Do not remind us of her. 

Wallflower I don't feel any urge to see again either, but she at least has potential. We could get a short or two which show her making better social connections now that she isn't constantly trying to correct herself. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Ignore Juniper. That character was a mistake. Do not remind us of her.

I don't know, given the scenes of her actually being nicer around the main cast, and the idea of Starlight having her human friend, I think there's a good supporting role in there somewhere. I know her first appearance was polarizing at best, but I think she could easily come off better in a second.

(edited)

I don't really know what more you could do with Wallflower Blush if I am perfectly honest.  But after reading a really good fanfiction focusing on Juniper Montage post Mirror Magic, I would actually like to see her and Starlight Glimmer become friends.  Maybe give her and Starlight their own magical book that allows for them to write to one another across the mirror or something.

Edited by cmarston1

13 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

But after reading a really good fanfiction focusing on Juniper Montage post Mirror Magic, I would actually like to see her and Starlight Glimmer become friends.  Maybe give her and Starlight their own magical book that allows for them to write to one another across the mirror or something.

Which fic was that? Sounds like something I should check out.

I myself wrote a fanfic last year that was simply about how Starlight spent her vacation in the human world, which puts a decent amount of focus on Starlight and Juniper forming a relatively strong friendship.

I can't say I've really put to much thought into either of those characters.  Like I feel Juniper's main arch ended in the Magic Mirror. So she could show up as a support character from time to time maybe even as you susgested have some minisodes of her becoming nicer..

The only other thing I can think of would be maybe to incorporate her into a "Human Starlight" Storyline.  Perhaps she's in the center of confusion as both are doing one thing with her.  and she's like o.O… if I'm expressing that right.

As for WallFlower… honestly same thing as Juniper.  Aside for as a support and seeing an minisode or what not of her making friends... Not sure what more you could do with her.

But as I said, not really put too much thought into either of those characters.

19 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Which fic was that? Sounds like something I should check out.

I myself wrote a fanfic last year that was simply about how Starlight spent her vacation in the human world, which puts a decent amount of focus on Starlight and Juniper forming a relatively strong friendship.

The fanfic is on Fimfiction and is called "Being Juniper Montage".  One of the things that take place in it outside of Starlight and Juniper bonding that I feel has potential going forward in the EQG franchise would be Sci Twi and Juniper bonding over the whole experiences of turning into monsters.

11 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Here's an easy to use guide to character greatness:

MehCriteria.png.4c15c5751bffdb6dbe4010813d8f5bc6.png

Boo! Starlight's awesome!

Though, I mean if the only reason they want to see the character again is to interact with Starlight... I could see a bit of your point.  As it shows the character doesn't really stand on it's own.

but if it's against Starlight... then boo!! :glimmer:

12 hours ago, JCKane said:

Boo! Starlight's awesome!

Though, I mean if the only reason they want to see the character again is to interact with Starlight... I could see a bit of your point.  As it shows the character doesn't really stand on it's own.

but if it's against Starlight... then boo!! :glimmer:

That's because such proposals are only there to make Straight look better. This diagnostics tool has been designed with our community in mind. It's not so much against Starlight than it is against Starfoals who feel an incessant need to push every new character as her friend/trophy. Consider it a jab ;)

13 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Here's an easy to use guide to character greatness:

MehCriteria.png.4c15c5751bffdb6dbe4010813d8f5bc6.png

I have to admit, I laughed. 

6 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

That's because such proposals are only there to make Straight look better. This diagnostics tool has been designed with our community in mind. It's not so much against Starlight than it is against Starfoals who feel an incessant need to push every new character as her friend/trophy. Consider it a jab ;)

Oh, didn't know people did that.  A bit strange to push a character's popularity by connecting her to every new character.

22 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I don't know, given the scenes of her actually being nicer around the main cast, and the idea of Starlight having her human friend, I think there's a good supporting role in there somewhere. I know her first appearance was polarizing at best, but I think she could easily come off better in a second.

Nothing in Juniper's personality was appealing to me, and I don't see how you could fix that without just making her a Starlight clone, which isn't something I feel is necessary either. I struggle to see any potential for her which couldn't more easily be filled by someone else. I just really don't want to see her again. 

Wallflower is the latest addition to the Equestria Girls world so she still has plenty of untapped potential but whether the writers acknowledge this remains to be seen. Juniper on the other hand is harder to come up with something for her to do since her character revolved around the Daring Do movie. Outside of her needing to reconcile with her uncle, Canter Zoom, she has no other purpose unless another movie idea came along.

I would honestly like it if these shorts stayed just that. Juniper and Wallflower don’t have enough personality and likeability to advance to a more serious story, so I hope that they are simply dismissed as characters and everypony just moves on from the shorts.