Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be the main actor in a bad movie, or have a small part in a good movie?

Dashy 4 Ever

(edited)

I'd rather have a small part in a good movie. In a bad movie, nothing is remembered except the negative experience of bad film making and two hours you can't get back. Even if it had good performances they'd be forgotten over time. But a good movie, even if it's underrated, is a work of art that'll last forever. And if my small part went overlooked I'd still be happy to know that I contributed to something that I like. That would be meaningful to me. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Main in a bad movie.

Simply because the movie is bad doesn't mean my acting would be. There's plenty of movies out there which are deemed complete trash, but "That one actor's" play was "absolutely wonderful".

You can still leave a mark even in a bad movie, and even though the movie would not get recognition, your acting might.

• Brohoof 1

I might have done a fantastic job as the main actor in a bad movie, it could have just been the story or other actors that screwed everything up. Not a likely reality since I can't remember lines to save my own life, so in the end probably a small role in a good movie.

• Brohoof 1

I mean I nearly applied for a background position for a Star Wars movie, though backed down because reasons... mostly because it felt sketchy and to this day I have no idea if it was legit or not. Anyways getting off topic...

I took 4 years worth of theater from 6th to 10th grade so I think I can pull off acting pretty well, but I don't think I'd ever want to be a main actor, especially in a crappy movie. I'd much rather be a side character or even a background character regardless of quality.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer side character in a good movie. Lead character is such a drag for me.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely a small part in a good movie. Then, the movie recruter people will catch a glimpse of me with a good memory of where they've seen me and hire me for bigger roles in the future. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

What's worse is small part in a bad movie or TV show. Then no one has seen you.

That's why none of you have congratulated me for Murder Castle.

What's that? Exactly.

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather have a small part in a good movie. Even if your acting is amazing in a bad movie, people will still mock you for being casted in it. Whereas having a small part in a good movie might be even better that having a full role in it, as people would want to see more of you.

• Brohoof 2

From Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd: Did you exchange your walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage.

Speaking metaphorically, a bit part in a good movie is better. Practically, I would rather make a lot of money in a bad movie. Unless I thought the bit part could help me with a future career.

Are we talking about a movie that is so bad it becomes famous, or a regular bad movie? Sometimes bad movies become cult classics. I am a fan of some movies that were never famous but aren't bad. There are side characters from those movies that I like. If the money is the same then I would choose an interesting side character in a good movie.

Tough choice, because bad movies can SOMEtimes be “good”... I’d have to say small part in a good movie, though. But at the same time acting throughout the entire movie sounds fun. Like I said, tough choice for me :rarity:

• 2 weeks later...

If its like The Room levels of bad, then sign me up! My life is basically one huge blockbuster flop.

Although, If i wanted to be serious about acting as a career or if the money is good then yeah, im all for a small part in a good movie.

I'd prefer to be a small part in a good movie. Can't really give a reason other than I think it's better to a part of something that's memorable for good reasons.