Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be the main actor in a bad movie, or have a small part in a good movie?

Dashy 4 Ever

• 5 months later...

I would prefer a small part in a good movie. It's not worth it to be Johnny Depp looking like a 39 year old woman.

image.png.9efa735de94397dfa95a6a1654bb96a3.png

He's asked by a character why he makes gum if he hates it. He says "You really shouldn't mumble, because it's kinda starting to bum me out." You really couldn't have just given an honest answer, Johnny?

Edited by Aurora Wolf

If i would just have a small role in a good movie, i would have to be extra good to even get hired for more. Being the main actor in a bad movie gives you more time, maybe the movie would be bad, but you could be the one actor who is the only good part of the movie.

Also you could tell your friends about this really really weird bad movie you starred in, that would also be pretty cool, instead of just having a small cameo and being not really important at all. I would rather be the main actor in a bad movie. Also i wouldnt be a good actor anyway and i dont want to give a good movie a bad taste.

I'd say a main character in a bad movie. That wouldn't mean I would try, I would give the hammiest line deliveries I could get away with and chew on as much of the scenery as possible. If the movie was inevitably going to become one of those things like troll 2, might as well be one of the fun characters. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd take the small part in a good movie. I don't like to be noticed anyway so a small part would be better for me regardless. If the movie is good enough, every role will be appreciated on some level, and that's more appealing than being the star of a movie that's generally reviled.

• Brohoof 1

I generally don't want to be an actor, so I'd most likely choose the small part in a good movie. On the other hand, if being the main actor in a bad movie paid very well and they wanted me for some reason, I'd have a hard time deciding, because money is money.

I'd rather be an extra (part of the crowd etc) instead of playing any named character, because I do not really like attention.

A small part in a good movie, cause my part may be memorable enough that my character might get more recognized than the main characters for doing something special. That, or at least I would actually have fun doing what I was doing.

• 1 year later...

Nowadays when bad movies are considered good publicity, I would want to be the big role in a bad movie (especially when I can act the part since I know it will be bad)

Well, that depends on the movie. If it's a movie that is notoriously bad to the point where it's memorable, like The Room, then I'd probably take it to be honest. If we are being more general, then yes, I'd take the smaller role.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...