Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Want your banner on the forums? Here's how!

Dark Horse

Hello everyone!

Have you ever looked to the banner and dreamed about seeing your own creation up there? Have you sometimes felt that your favourite MLP character doesn't get enough love? Do you long to introduce more fans to your self-proclaimed OTP? Well then, what are you waiting for!? :umad:

We at MLP Forums are always on the lookout for new banner submissions to help keep the decor fresh! Whether it's a completely original design or skillfully edited photoshop, we want to see the kind of ideas that YOU can come up with!

So, if you've had an intriguing idea swimming in your head for a while now, or just fancy throwing something together out of the blue, send your submissions to myself, @PathfinderCS and @Jeric  via the submission form here 

https://mlpforums.com/event-team/banner-submissions/

Here's a tip: Go with Sombra or Deer to ensure Path's approval, and Rarity for Jeric. It's been too long since we last had banners for either!)

Thank ye pones. ;)

• Brohoof 14

Remind me to ONLY speak to Jeric if I ever get any ideas!

In all seriousness, I might be willing to give this a go at some point. :ooh: My photo editing skills are terrible, but this might be a good time to improve them~!

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Remind me to ONLY speak to Jeric if I ever get any ideas!

In all seriousness, I might be willing to give this a go at some point. :ooh: My photo editing skills are terrible, but this might be a good time to improve them~!

We're not looking solely for artistic masterpieces here. Anything that fits the bill as a banner is eligable for submission. Be creative, experiment a little, and see what comes out! :D

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
24 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Btw, what do the dimensions have to be?

Taking the current banner into consideration, it seems to be 1000x255.

Also...   dfEG13d.png

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Miti said:

does... it have to be digitally made, or can it be digitally modified of a traditional drawing...?

Most use digital, but I'm sure we'd be open to a traditional pic as long as it fits the banner dimensions. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

Only somewhat related question, is there an archive of previous banners?

There is one here, albeit it's been lacking updates for a while. Should correct that once I get the missing ones (some of which disappeared from the folder for some reason).

https://mlpforums.com/topic/65015-official-community-banner-archive/

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

Just wondering, does pixel art qualify? And can OCs be included as well as canons?

Definetely for the first question. And about the second, we honestly prefer to keep them related to current happenings of the show and its characters. There are some special events in which OCs can be included however.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

I tried putting a banner up here ?

mlp forum banner Villians.png

I guess I was wrong  sorry guy's I put on the wrong category makes since why it didn't except my banner ?

It seems to be a tad flattened. Furthermore, take on account that the banners are selected from a pool of contributions from both users and poniverse artists, thus leading to a limited number of them being utilized. ^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...