Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here like LazyTown?

Not here anymore

(edited)

So, long story, I have been a LazyTown fan since I was young.

I still, obviously, watch MLP too but I have a strange love for Pixel's nerdiness.

I literally took a screenshot of Pixelspix (at getlazy.net/game/assets/lazy_pixelspix )

Set it as my background, got pictures of the LazyTown Extra character animations, cropped them, and converted them from JPG to ICO and set them as my icons for every single shortcut and icon I have on my desktop.

Also, if I ever get the kind of money to make props, I'm going to make a plastic Zapper 6000.

My computer was before that ponified but I thought in my mind, not nerdy, so I LazyTownified my computer.

I also have a Google Chrome theme of Stephanie from LazyTown

and a VLC theme that looks the closest to the one on LazyTown.

I know I probably wrote this on the wrong forum but I'm wondering if anypony here likes LazyTown. Hope you can read this.

Edit: If you like LazyTown. Here are ways to get the icons, pixelspix, screensaver, and VLC theme.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://static.nickjr.com/article/assets/ltscreensaver/lazytown_screensaver.exe

LazyTown Extra JPEGs to convert to Icons: http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showthread.php?2705-LT-Extra-Pictures-2008-year

How to take a screenshot of Pixelspix. Go to getlazy.net/game/assets/lazy_pixelspix and press F11 before it loads and then press print screen right when Pixel stops talking or before Robbie appears. Then, paste into paint, crop, and save. Go to personalize on Windows 10, go to background, change background, then go to icons change icons to the ones you converted to ico on the first result from Google when you type JPG to ICO. then go to screensaver and change it to the one from the link, then go to google chrome web store and type lazytown and set the theme, then go to the VLC skin website and choose the heaven theme. (It's the one that I thought looked the most like Pixel's video playsr. Then, set the theme and your done. For info on Pixel's gadgets go to the Getlaxy.net page on Pixel.

Edited by Josh Rainbowton
typo
  • Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

Eh...kinda. I like the memeing of it much more. :orly:

Okay. Well, maybe start by watching the Zap It, Remote Control, Let's Go To The Moon, Pixelspix, and Breakfast At Stephanie's episodes because they have the most appearances of Pixel's inventions.

You can also read the Getlazy.net wiki page for Pixel because it'll tell you which episodes Pixel's gizmos and inventions appeared in.

Just now, Manaka Hitomi said:

I actually find the characters and the way they move bit creepy 

Yeah, the puppets are a bit "too" realistic for some people.

Especially, in the mystery of the pyramid episode because you could see them walking like humans. Who knows it may have been costumes for that scene.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lazy Town OP. Reminds me of the "good old days", back before 4chan (and shortly thereafter, the whole internet) transformed into a wasteland entirely devoid of lulz. 

Edited by Kai-rouken

I remember accidently rediscovering lazy town back in 2010 when I was randomly looking up pirate music, and "You Are A Pirate" came up. I remember enjoying the show when I was younger, but had forgotten about it up until then.

I've been stuck with Lazy Town since 1999, considering I am an Icelander and Lazy Town was originally purely Icelandic. 

I think Lazy Town is alright, but it is not for me. At least not the show itself. I liked the plays though. 

Not really, when I was young I found it amusing, but now... its got some clever writing but nothing that would keep my attention. I don't really have many good nostalgic moments with it either because my father would always say I had a crush on Stephanie, so I'd just avoid the show because of that.

Though as a side note I do enjoy playing as Robbie Rotten in Melody's Escape. Just watching him run to the rhythm of EDM songs is kinda amusing.

It took me a little while to start liking it but it won me over eventually. I like Stephanie/Julianna Rose Mauriello and think she's got a lot of talent, and I like the human characters of Sportacus and Robbie Rotten. But the puppets kind of threw me off. I always thought they looked kind of creepy. I got used to them and now I think of the show with a lot of fondness. 

(edited)

The thing I only know about Lazy Town is the "We are Number One" music video. Other than that idk anything

5 minutes ago, Venomboa said:

It's a show for infants, so no.

And MLP is a show for little girls, but yes. XD

Edited by Kevin_Tang

Just now, Kevin_Tang said:

The thing I only know about Lazy Town is the "We are Number One" music video. Other than that idk anything

And MLP is a show little girls, but yes. XD

True, but it's not my favorite, not even close. But it is cute, that's it. I don't feel there should be any messages of tolerance as MLP contradicts itself at times. But, oh well.

Just now, Venomboa said:

True, but it's not my favorite, not even close. But it is cute, that's it. I don't feel there should be any messages of tolerance as MLP contradicts itself at times. But, oh well.

Okay :nom: