Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Where did Spike's egg come from?

Mystic Brush

So, the molt episode pretty much got me thinking about something. Everyone is always curious about Scootaloo's parents.But, what about Spike? How did Celestia get a dragon egg? Did she find it somewhere? Did spike's parents give it to her? Did his parents go missing? or are they deceased? In the molt episode, we learn that dragon parents don't let their children go until they hit puberty. Which really begs the question,how did spike end up with ponies instead of his own kind?  Any thoughts? 

princess_celestia_and_spike_s_egg_by_spa

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I have my own theory. And it involves time travel. Basically, the parents laid Spike's egg, but were going to die/disappear before he would even come close to hatching. If nothing was done, Spike would have died with them. Luckily, a pony (any pony can fill the role) time traveled from the future and convinced the parents to hand the egg over and so the time-traveler made their way to young Celestia with the egg and one day, it was used in the entrance exam of a filly named Twilight Sparkle. The rest is history.

I'm hoping we get some answers this season even if it likely josses my theory.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

I have my own theory. And it involves time travel. 

I'm hoping we get some answers this season even if it likely josses my theory.

You mean like Jormunder (the world serphantine) during Ragnarok in Norse myth?

my head cannon is that Celestia had a dragon companion like Twilight and that dragon was one of Spike's parents. Celestia was made the godmother and when the two died Celestia chose to give Twilight the lad

Edited by kaiser5578

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

We may get that answer from the upcoming episode Father Knows Beast, as discussed here:

Hopefully, but some comments make me think otherwise

Edited by Mystic Brush

I think he comes from wherever Smolder came from! :3 Something went wrong which caused Spike's egg to get lost, and Scorpan found him during his mediatation travels to think about the fact he abandoned his brother, so he gave his egg to Celestia cause he saw potential in it! :3

• Brohoof 1

The writers have yet to reveal this information--they might not even have an explanation--but maybe we'll get an answer.

My theory is that Spike's egg was came into the possession of the School for Gifted Unicorns after some pony with huge balls had made an expedition into the dragon lands about 200 years earlier, and he stole the thing. Not being in the proper nesting conditions it never hatched and the fetus inside assumed dead. It was either brought to, purchased, or passed down till it became a historical peice used for educational purposes within the school and as a way to see how much magic unicorn foals seeking entry could generate by sheer willpower. They were never expected to actually crack/hatch the egg open, but Twilight was the exception. I like to imagine it sitting behind a glass pane where for over a century students passed by it never giving it a second thought, or maybe even teachers demonstrating the durability of the eggshell by hitting it with a sledge hammer in front of an audience.

• Brohoof 2

When a mommy dragon and a daddy dragon love each other very much, they kiss. Then the daddy dragon spits out an egg and the mommy dragon catches it so it doesn't hit a wall or a goomba.

(edited)

Answer: The answer will suck.

End of story. Already the synopsis for the episode supposedly revealing his backstory tells me all I need to about the crap this will be.

now I can't wait for Gen 5, so they can put Spike down once and for all!!

18 hours ago, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

They stole it from a dragons nest, many royal guards died getting that egg, it was a sad day...

If your serious, seek help. 

Edited by Venomboa

1 hour ago, Venomboa said:

End of story. Already the synopsis for the episode supposedly revealing his backstory tells me all I need to about the crap this will be.

If your serious, seek help. 

Of course I'm not serious XD

(edited)
11 hours ago, Rawzy said:

Celestia laid the egg.

So, Celestia is probably quarter-swan? :lol:

But seriously, we don't know yet. Father Knows Beast could reveal more origins.

13 hours ago, Venomboa said:

It's really unfair to judge story quality on the synopsis. For all we know, the episode may be anything but. Occasionally, the synopsis may lead to "oh, this episode is gonna be bad," only to turn out the opposite. Don't judge the book by its cover.

13 hours ago, Venomboa said:

Your wish is both bitter and cruel. Spike is a good character and on a really hot streak lately.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
9 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

So, Celestia is probably quarter-swan? :lol:

But seriously, we don't know yet. Father Knows Beast could reveal more origins.

It's really unfair to judge story quality on the synopsis. For all we know, the episode may be anything but. Occasionally, the synopsis may lead to "oh, this episode is gonna be bad," only to turn out the opposite. Don't judge the book by its cover.

Your wish is both bitter and cruel. Spike is a good character and on a really hot streak lately.

Your free to think whatever you want, and your free to disagree.

but as for my own thoughts?

You can compute it any which way you like, but the answer wilil always come out the same. It will be a terrible Spike episode.

Hes a dog in EQ, I have zero faith in writers.

But deny it if you must. My opinion on this will not change, so yeah, best to give up.(at least trying to sway me to think otherwise). 

Edited by Venomboa