Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Top 3 MLPEG songs?

LucasB

Mine is

1) Dance Magic

2) Acadeca (Friendship games)

3) My past is not today

Also, are there only 3 episodes in "tales of Canterlot high"?

• Brohoof 3

I'll go with one from each EQG movie I've watched...

1) Cafeteria Song (Equestria Girls) - Just really upbeat, and didn't really have much competition.
2) Let's Have a Battle (Of the Bands) - The part where the whole school starts chanting along still gives me goosebumps (Me and you, you and me / Why don't we see who is better?)
3) ACADECA / CHS Rally Song - Yes, this is a cheat, but I really love both these songs for the attitude on display.

• Brohoof 1

1) Stand for Everfree
2) Unleash The Magic
3) Welcome to the Show

I love villain songs

6 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I have to go with Rainbow Dash's rousing anthem to...HERSELF!

I'm awesome, take caution...

"Awesome As I Wanna Be"

As a former band geek, I much prefer her CHS Rally Song actually :p

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

I'll go with one from each EQG movie I've watched...

1) Cafeteria Song (Equestria Girls) - Just really upbeat, and didn't really have much competition.
2) Let's Have a Battle (Of the Bands) - The part where the whole school starts chanting along still gives me goosebumps (Me and you, you and me / Why don't we see who is better?)
3) ACADECA / CHS Rally Song - Yes, this is a cheat, but I really love both these songs for the attitude on display.

OMG I love acadeca 

1 . Friendship through the ages

3.a friend for life 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Welcome to the Show - for being an intense and very satisfying climax 

2. Good Vibes - for being a great display of the themes of friendship and comradery in both EQG and FiM

3. Helping Twilight Win the Crown - for being hands down the catchiest song to come from both the EQG franchise and FiM

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Ooh... Tough choice. If I had to narrow it down to just three, I would have to pick:

1) My Past is not Today

2) Legend You Were Meant to Be

3) Right There in Front of Me

• Brohoof 3

Jeez, tough choice. My opinion on this changes frequently, but right now, maybe something like this:

1. Welcome to the Show
  2. CHS Rally Song
  3. Friendship Through the Ages

And that's excluding "Shine Like Rainbows," and "My Past is Not Today," and "ACADECA," and "Get the Show on the Road," and "So Much More to Me"... there has been a lot of great music in Equestria Girls. 

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

And that's excluding "Shine Like Rainbows," and "My Past is Not Today," and "ACADECA," and "Get the Show on the Road," and "So Much More to Me"... there has been a lot of great music in Equestria Girls. 

Oh yeah. Picking just three proved really hard to me as well.

In fact, I'd argue EqG's music is better than FiM's at this point, probably because they have the advantage of having different composers.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Toon4Thought said:

Oh yeah. Picking just three proved really hard to me as well.

In fact, I'd argue EqG's music is better than FiM's at this point, probably because they have the advantage of having different composers.

I do still like FiM's music from time to time, but a lot of its songs just sound like other songs from earlier in the series to me, whereas with only a few exceptions Equestria Girls seems to be on a major roll with its music lately. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I do still like FiM's music from time to time, but a lot of its songs just sound like other songs from earlier in the series to me, whereas with only a few exceptions Equestria Girls seems to be on a major roll with its music lately. 

I fully agree. Daniel Ingram's music is starting to feel a little same-y, and even the two songs he did for the digital series are IMO the least good of the six we've gotten from that.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

I fully agree. Daniel Ingram's music is starting to feel a little same-y, and even the two songs he did for the digital series are IMO the least good of the six we've gotten from that.

They're not as memorable as the Summertime Shorts songs or the latest couple, but I did like them; the recent Equestria Girls stuff sets a high bar, though I wasn't really into the songs from "Forgotten Friendship." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 1:33 AM, Dark Qiviut said:
  1. Welcome to the Show
  2. Shine Like Rainbows
  3. Life Is a Runway

Well, my comment was disappointing. Drive-by and without substance. Time to remedy that, shall we?

1. Welcome to the Show: Despite being a very weak, shallow plan by the Dazzlings, McCarthy earns a lot of credit by making them as threatening as possible. They are very cunning, manipulative, and menacing. Knowing quite well how to get on their side and then brainwash them for it. Welcome to the Show is a crescendo of the Dazzlings and Rainbooms butting heads into each other to convince the audience at the auditorium to not give in and turn them into their true forms.

The Dazzlings's music was low, imposing, and menacing. Ready to steal the joy and independence of minds. On the other hand, the Rainbooms counter their cynicism with optimism, telling the crowd to listen to their music to free their souls and set themselves apart from the crowd. But there's a third act: When the Dazzlings dominated the Rainbooms, Sunset gets involved and tells the Dazzlings one of RR's morals: Your friends will work with you and be with you because it's the right decision, not the most popular one.

2. Shine Like Rainbows: Most of RR's songs feel very energetic, chaotic, excited, and sometimes tension-filled. Despite a very smooth pace, its atmosphere felt…I can't think of the right word, but…nervous? Shine Like Rainbows is calm, optimistic, and very pleasant to hear. The Dazzlings were done as a threat, CHS returned to normal, and Sunset officially became the HuMane lead with Princess Twilight out of the picture. It was an excellent song to close RR.

3. Life Is a Runway: Aside from Princess Twilight and Sunset, every character from EQG was really static and default. When they grew, it was by really poor contrivance. Life I a Runway is the first animated pic to rally explore a HuMane Five and give her some growth. Rarity's lyrics embarks on her passion of fashion, this time in the eyes of a human. To her, the clothes made the person; the style makes each person stand out and interesting. Every lyric blends with its fast-tempo style, capturing the hard work Rarity puts into her craft. Even when her clothes arn't on the runway, Rarity creates a different message by making your own and backs it up in its lyrics.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...