3. My Past is not Today

Edited by Guest

1. Under our Spell

2. Welcome to the Show

3. Dance Magic

Honourable Mentions: Battle of the Bands, ACADECA, Embrace the Magic

• Brohoof 1

1. Welcome to the show

The Dazzlings part in this is amazing and i could listen to it all day maybe even in different languages. It was a perfect climax of the movie, even though Sunset's part is too poppy to me, but almost every friendship-for-the-win song sounds like that unfortunately.

2. Unleash the magic

I love how it slowly becomes more and more intense and Twilight's part in the end just gives you goosebumps. The whole concept of Crystal Preppers wanting to use magic is pretty cheesy, and they're so calm about the magic existing like hey this isn't Equestria those strange thing aren't ok here! Still, it's my fave movie of EG just because of Sci-Twi and the ending with Midnight and the song is awesome.

3 Shine like rainbows

Unlike eg's most cheesy pop-ish repetitive friendship songs this one is extremely uplifting and beautiful, it really makes you feel something other than "Ok it's a happy ending we get it". 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My favorite MLPEG songs are:

1.Dance Magic 2.Cafetaria Song 3.Monday Blues 4.Welcome to the Show 5.Friendship Games 6.Tricks up my sleeve 7.Acadeca 8.Shine like Rainbows 9.Let's have a battle 10.My past is not today. Some of them I have it on my Spotify list.

Personally I have to say that the music/songs in MLP-EG/FiM are excellent. Concerning that, Hasbro has a very good tradition. They had good songs and music with the Transformers (More than meets the eye, You got the touch), Jem and the Holograms (Too many to mention but Truly Outrageous and I'm Okay are my favorites) and now with MLP series they are doing the great same job.

I wonder how they manage to compose and produce ageless music. Songs like The Dazzling's Welcome to the Show could have easily been sung by Lady Gaga, Cafetaria Song by Fifth Harmony, Trixie's Tricks up my sleeve by Ariana Grande etc. If they would release it as an ordinary main stream pop song, with some changes in the lyrics, it could have been a hit as well.

The beat, sound, groove, rhythm and music compostion of many songs are way better than just to be a song of a children's animation show.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

EG has a lot of really good songs, if counted with mlp it will take more then half of my top 10 songs in the franchise as a whole, so it's not easy to pick just 3. I will count only 1 of each movie, special or short to make it easier in choosing.

3. we will stand for everfree from the fourth movie or unleash the magic from the third, I tried but I just can't decide which is better.

2. the cafeteria song\ help twilight win the crown, it just stuck in my head for days for it is so catchy.

1. Under our spell from rainbow rocks, its only flow is that its too short. I loved all the sirens songs but this one just blew me away, I couldn't believe how good it was. 

• 3 weeks later...

My Past Is Not Today

Mad Twience 

Monday Blues 

Honorable mentions:

Under Our Spell 

Shine Like Rainbows 

Tricks Up My Sleeve 

Helping Twilight Win The Crown

A Friend For Life 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

1. So Much More to Me – Not only the best EqG song but my favorite of all G4 MLP songs. Everything about it is simply beautiful.
2. Coinky-Dink World – Insanely catchy, I've lost count of how many times I've listened to it. So fun, just like its singer!
3. Monday Blues – The third one is harder to choose, but I'll go with this because it's another one I've listened to again and again.

For some reason, the songs in the recent shorts really stand out to me. Out of the movies and specials, "Rainbow Rocks" has the best songs ("Awesome as I Want to Be", "Under Our Spell" and "Tricks Up My Sleeve" are all great). As for the rest, "ACADECA", "The Legend of Everfree" and "Invisible" all deserve honorable mentions. I'm probably still forgetting some great ones...

• Brohoof 5

1. So you have magic, and it's not that great
2. Invisible, a droplet in the mist
3. Back in the day, I used to walk these halls, acting tough, but all alone, I needed a friend, to lend me a helping hand, I couldn't do it on my ooooown (oh I can't stop singing when I start that one!)

Edited by Splashee
  • Brohoof 2

On 12/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, Splashee said:

Back in the day, I used to walk these halls, acting tough, but all alone, I needed a friend, to lend me a helping hand, I couldn't do it on my ooooown (oh I can't stop singing when I start that one!)

Bro, that song makes me ugly cry. But it's still so good.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

Bro, that song makes me ugly cry. But it's still so good.

Bro, that song is so good though! Seriously, I like to hear Sunset Simmer's really deep voice singing for once! It's also the intro to my favorite episode/special in the entire series.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...