Banner by ~ SFyr

What if the Storm King tried to attack the United States instead?

Lucid_Nightlight

So, just another routine Summer in Florida? Bring it Storm King, we eat hurricanes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You come at us full force and we shall unless our secret weapon .... 

Florida Man! 

Just now, Jeric said:

So, just another routine Summer in Florida? Bring it Storm King, we eat hurricanes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You come at us full force and we shall unless our secret weapon .... 

Florida Man! 

Florida Man, defeats both sides

• Brohoof 2

Got to say, I don't think he'd stand much of a chance.  Sure he's got an army... But wasn't as big as you'd think.  And his own power came from harnessing the power of the Princesses... which you take that away.. sure he's a big dude... but he looks pretty squishy to withstand a few shots from a gun.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

2 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

Storm King? Just a staff that shoots electricity. Counter? Lightning rods XD

Actually, according to this scenario he doesn't even have that. Because he doesn't get that until after he gets the Princesses powers... which this scenario says he goes after America instead.

Badges

37 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Actually, according to this scenario he doesn't even have that. Because he doesn't get that until after he gets the Princesses powers... which this scenario says he goes after America instead.

Oh, then, what the heck does he have? Medieval style warriors? Technology level: 1

USA: High-Grade Military Assault weapons, vehicles, radar detection. Tech level: 2 or 3

Even if we're outnumbered, they are heavily outgunned. Storm King has battle blimp? SAM turrets.

18 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

Oh, then, what the heck does he have? Medieval style warriors? Technology level: 1

USA: High-Grade Military Assault weapons, vehicles, radar detection. Tech level: 2 or 3

Even if we're outnumbered, they are heavily outgunned. Storm King has battle blimp? SAM turrets.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be outnumbered.  Based on about the number of them you see in the climax of the film... aka his army.  Granted, they are bigger than we are so there's that.

Though, I guess Tempest could cause more of a threat with it. She's got magic (though chaotic) and seems to be skilled in combat.  But she is just one Pony... 

Ofcourse, it also assumes she'd even be helping him.  Since the only reason she was helping him in the movie was... eh just in case...

Spoiler

So he's use the power of the magical staff to fix her horn.  And since he'd not be after some kind of magical thing that could fix her horn... I don't see why she'd help him.

Edited by JCKane

Badges

They got that crappy electric stuff, but America got airstrikes, helicopters, guns, missiles, and uhm... Yeah things like that.

12 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Though, I guess Tempest could cause more of a threat with it. She's got magic (though chaotic) and seems to be skilled in combat.  But she is just one Pony... 

Give her a bullet through the head with a sniper rifle?

Anyways, we are humans and we're smart.

Edited by Kevin_Tang

Just now, Kevin_Tang said:

They got that crappy electric stuff, but America got airstrikes, helicopters, guns, missiles, and uhm... Yeah things like that. 

Give her a bullet through the head with a sniper rifle?

Well it's a surge of magical engery..not just 'electrical stuff'... But true, a sniper rifle would work well.  She wouldn't see it coming. 

Badges

I think the end of the war would result in one of three outcomes.

1.) Storm King is somehow captured, interrogated, then executed. (Maybe)

2.) In the attempt to get him he is deemed a threat to the guys going after him and he gets shot. (Most likely because he is a big dude and cuffs won't hold him easily)

3.) He surrenders. (Least likely)

I mean if something like that happened the US's allies would most likelybe called in and from what we've seen they don't have a lot of ranged weapons so I give it a few weeks at least for them to be pushed out and defeated 

Equestria didn't have a military. The U.S. certainly does. America circa 1918 can beat the storm king. Heck, America circa 1818 can probably repel the storm king. 

Heck, I think one well trained human can best the storm king in hand to hand combat. Without his magical macguffin, he's like the second weakest villain in MLP. 

Considering that all it took to overthrow a tyrannical despot and his "army" after their one day annexation of Equestria, was a band of a dozen civilians armed armed with cutlasses and cupcakes, I doubt Stormy could get past the local law enforcement of whatever town he's unfortunate enough to try and besiege, let alone a technologically superior army in the hundreds of thousands, plus millions of potential militiamen. 

And to put the nail in the kings coffin, the logistical side of things screws him over. Stormy is going on the offensive, waging a land war in the unfamiliar U.S. Unless that portal can be reopened at will and he can secure a beach head, he'll be cut off from supplies and reinforcement. America can just wait and starve him out. At best, his supply lines will be stretched until they're paper thin. How does he hope to take the U.S. let alone maintain an occupation of it? 

What happens? He dies. Brutally. 

Why is it always the US in these scenarios? Why doesn't any of Equestria's enemies go after Canada? 

Edited by Denim&Venom

Badges

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...