Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Princess Luna one day rule Equestria? Your thoughts!

Oswald CobblePot

I think yes, but we will not get to see that in the actual show. An alicorn lives long, but I have a difficult time believing that they are actually immortal. So in my head, Celestia will eventually pass away and Luna will take over. However, again, we will not get to see such thing. It's all up to our imagination.

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

She already does. With Celestia. They are co-rulers.

Well that totally escaped my mind... :blush:

Although highly unlikely, if there ever was a return of Daybreaker where Celestia was the one who got taken over by the darkness (or lightness, in this case *snort*), then Luna would have to banish her and take control of Equestria. I'm rooting for this concept, but again, the return of Daybreaker alone is doubtful. 

18 minutes ago, Lunar Glow said:

Although highly unlikely, if there ever was a return of Daybreaker where Celestia was the one who got taken over by the darkness (or lightness, in this case *snort*), then Luna would have to banish her and take control of Equestria. I'm rooting for this concept, but again, the return of Daybreaker alone is doubtful. 

You are rooting for a good character to turn evil for no reason and thus break up a family? :dry:

12 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

You are rooting for a good character to turn evil for no reason and thus break up a family? :dry:

We don't know if Celestia has some underlying bad in her, even if it's a very little bit. And drama like that makes a show interesting, but I'm not seriously looking forward to it because it won't happen. I was just introducing an alternate possibility that Luna might get into power of Equestria.

3 hours ago, Lunar Glow said:

We don't know if Celestia has some underlying bad in her, even if it's a very little bit. And drama like that makes a show interesting, but I'm not seriously looking forward to it because it won't happen. I was just introducing an alternate possibility that Luna might get into power of Equestria.

Everyone has “underlying bad”. But there’s no way in God’s Green Earth that Celestia would do the exact same thing her sister did that made them BOTH miserable for centuries.

You’d have to be a moron or monumentally insane to not learn from a mistake that obvious. And I don’t think Celestia is either of those.

And after seeing the idea of herself being evil in vivid detail in Starlight’s nightmare, and being terrified of it, you can be doubly sure she’s never going to allow it.

And as I mentioned above, Luna being the only one in charge of Equestria would suck for everyone, especially Luna herself. She just doesn’t have the aptitude for being a political figure, and even if she was given enough time to figure out how it all works, she’d still be fighting against her own personality to get it all accomplished.

3 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Probably not.  It would be more likely for Twilight to take over Celestia's position instead.

I’m currently reading a story on fimfiction where Celestia dies and Twilight takes over for her. She co-rules with Luna.