Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

• 2 weeks later...

So @Lucky Bolt sends me this picture yesterday and I say that is exactly what it was like at one point during the weekend.

received_1007923192704528.png.63c5ff808152b4b0c2f0131079ebead1.png

When we were on Daytona Beach, we got separated for a while because she had to go wade through the water because she was getting dizzy, I said it was from my charm and she said that's what it was but we both knew that it was from the heat. I couldn't wade in the water because me being the country boy I am showed up to Daytona Beach in jeans and boots. :muffins: The whole time we were walking separate, about 50 feet apart, I was just stuck watching her in her natural habitat, in all her beauty, and I just couldn't help but think of how lucky I was and what I did to deserve a girl like her that is beautiful inside AND out. I couldn't look away and had there been anything in my path, I would have tripped over it and then been laying in the sand, still staring at her.:wub:

4 hours ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

So @Lucky Bolt sends me this picture yesterday and I say that is exactly what it was like at one point during the weekend.

received_1007923192704528.png.63c5ff808152b4b0c2f0131079ebead1.png

When we were on Daytona Beach, we got separated for a while because she had to go wade through the water because she was getting dizzy, I said it was from my charm and she said that's what it was but we both knew that it was from the heat. I couldn't wade in the water because me being the country boy I am showed up to Daytona Beach in jeans and boots. :muffins: The whole time we were walking separate, about 50 feet apart, I was just stuck watching her in her natural habitat, in all her beauty, and I just couldn't help but think of how lucky I was and what I did to deserve a girl like her that is beautiful inside AND out. I couldn't look away and had there been anything in my path, I would have tripped over it and then been laying in the sand, still staring at her.:wub:

Oh.... my. :blush: The real question we should be asking here is what did I do to deserve YOU? :wub:

15 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Oh.... my. :blush: The real question we should be asking here is what did I do to deserve YOU? :wub:

You're the one that decided to go for the downgrade, I mean, I am WAY below your league.

21 minutes ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

You're the one that decided to go for the downgrade, I mean, I am WAY below your league.

Yeah right. I'm pretty sure it's vice versa. :toldya:

I come with a gift o people of the CycBolt fan club. An origin story. The story, fictional of course, of how Cyclone and Lucky Bolt met.

“I just don’t know how I’m gonna get over her, Misfire. She was my everything.”

“Look dude, she left you because you changed your looks, and you had to change your looks because of your work. Therefore, she left you because of your work and you love your job. Yeah it might be dangerous while you’re on the clock but you seldom are, I mean, every Friday we’re out here at the race track, your favorite place in the whole universe.”

“Thanks man, I guess you’re right. I should forget about her perfect body, her gorgeous laugh, and…”

“Hey. Dude. She was a bitch that left you because you had to dye your coat a different color. Let’s not sugarcoat things.”

“You know what? You’re right again.”

“I’m tellin’ ya, I’m never wrong.”

“What about that time at the shop you said, ‘Hey, Cyc! They have bear detergent!’ when that is obviously not a thing and even if it was, I’m pretty sure if I meet a bear in the Everfree Forest, the last thing I’m gonna do is clean it. Which is why I did pick up that can of bear deterrent.”

“Same thing. But anyway, back to the point at hand. You are a wild stallion back on the hunt for the next mare that is lucky enough to call you her coltfriend.”

Cyclone and Misfire continued walking through the pit area of the Cloudsdale Speedway as there were pegasi all around preparing for the nights racing that started in less than fifteen minutes. There were ponies making feather adjustments and filling up on oats so they wouldn’t run out of energy during the competition.

“You know,” said Cyclone, “I wonder why the EAPR never stops here on their schedule.”

The Equestrian Association for Pegasi Racing is the premiere sanctioning body for pegasi racing in all of Equestria. It is the big leagues for sure.

“Dude. The EAPR is way too busy at big city tracks to ever schedule anything here,” responded Misfire.

“I just think that would be my only chance to finally meet HIM.” Cyclone was referring to Kobalt, seven time EAPR champion and his idol since he was a foal.

“You have an unhealthy obsession with him. You really need to step down the celebrity stalker dial,” said Misfire who was trying to break Cyclone’s concentration on something he was sure would never happen.

It was then that Cyclone saw her at the end of the garage area. She was wearing a Kobalt hat and arguing with somepony about how Mane n Tail was the next up and coming racing star. Mane n Tail’s only EARP win had come at Ponyno, a track that was tough to master and that was this filly’s argument as to how he was gonna be the next best thing.

“Her,” said Cyclone who was now staring at the most beautiful pony he had ever seen.

“No, I’m pretty sure Kobalt is a him,” responded Misfire who was confused by the whole conversation now.

“No!” snapped Cyclone, “HER!” he yelled as he gestured towards the filly in the distance.

“Yeah. What about her? Does she owe you bits?”

“No. She’s the one.”

“Slow down, Loverboy. What do you mean, the one? You mean the one you’re gonna start a rebound relationship to forget about CC with or the one you’re gonna grow old with?” Cyclone was silent. He was just staring into the distance at the filly with the Kobalt hat. He had tuned out everything else in the world.

“Well, I can tell by the stardust in your eyes that it is in fact the latter of the two,” said Misfire. “Go and talk to her before she goes to her seat, this might be your only shot.” Cyclone started to walk towards her, completely lost in his newfound love-sickness.

“Jeeeeez,” said Misfire, “How lovestruck can ya get?”

Cyclone stood around the corner of the garage from the filly, waiting for her to finish her conversation so he could start a new one with her. Finally she stopped arguing with the other fan about Mane n Tail and started around the corner for her seat.

“Hey, Baby. Are you an angel? ‘Cause I’m allergic to feathers,” said Cyclone as the filly rounded the corner. He could almost hear Misfire facehoof in the distance. He had been using this line for years and Misfire hadn’t liked it from day one.

“Hehe,” laughed the filly, “I’ve never heard that one before. How are you doing? My name is Lucky Bolt.”

“My name is Cyclone, but you can call me tomorrow.” Cyclone could hear the distant “boo” from Misfire. This was another cheesy line he had used for years that Misfire had grown tired of.

“Well aren’t you just full of jokes, Cyclone?” said Lucky, “I could use a laugh or two. You here with anyone or do you think you could sit with me through the races?” Cyclone glanced back at Misfire in the middle of the pit aisle.

“Nope, I’m here all alone. I’d love to sit with you.”

“Great. Let’s head up to our seats, the race is about to start.”

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

I come with a gift o people of the CycBolt fan club. An origin story. The story, fictional of course, of how Cyclone and Lucky Bolt met.

“I just don’t know how I’m gonna get over her, Misfire. She was my everything.”

“Look dude, she left you because you changed your looks, and you had to change your looks because of your work. Therefore, she left you because of your work and you love your job. Yeah it might be dangerous while you’re on the clock but you seldom are, I mean, every Friday we’re out here at the race track, your favorite place in the whole universe.”

“Thanks man, I guess you’re right. I should forget about her perfect body, her gorgeous laugh, and…”

“Hey. Dude. She was a bitch that left you because you had to dye your coat a different color. Let’s not sugarcoat things.”

“You know what? You’re right again.”

“I’m tellin’ ya, I’m never wrong.”

“What about that time at the shop you said, ‘Hey, Cyc! They have bear detergent!’ when that is obviously not a thing and even if it was, I’m pretty sure if I meet a bear in the Everfree Forest, the last thing I’m gonna do is clean it. Which is why I did pick up that can of bear deterrent.”

“Same thing. But anyway, back to the point at hand. You are a wild stallion back on the hunt for the next mare that is lucky enough to call you her coltfriend.”

Cyclone and Misfire continued walking through the pit area of the Cloudsdale Speedway as there were pegasi all around preparing for the nights racing that started in less than fifteen minutes. There were ponies making feather adjustments and filling up on oats so they wouldn’t run out of energy during the competition.

“You know,” said Cyclone, “I wonder why the EAPR never stops here on their schedule.”

The Equestrian Association for Pegasi Racing is the premiere sanctioning body for pegasi racing in all of Equestria. It is the big leagues for sure.

“Dude. The EAPR is way too busy at big city tracks to ever schedule anything here,” responded Misfire.

“I just think that would be my only chance to finally meet HIM.” Cyclone was referring to Kobalt, seven time EAPR champion and his idol since he was a foal.

“You have an unhealthy obsession with him. You really need to step down the celebrity stalker dial,” said Misfire who was trying to break Cyclone’s concentration on something he was sure would never happen.

It was then that Cyclone saw her at the end of the garage area. She was wearing a Kobalt hat and arguing with somepony about how Mane n Tail was the next up and coming racing star. Mane n Tail’s only EARP win had come at Ponyno, a track that was tough to master and that was this filly’s argument as to how he was gonna be the next best thing.

“Her,” said Cyclone who was now staring at the most beautiful pony he had ever seen.

“No, I’m pretty sure Kobalt is a him,” responded Misfire who was confused by the whole conversation now.

“No!” snapped Cyclone, “HER!” he yelled as he gestured towards the filly in the distance.

“Yeah. What about her? Does she owe you bits?”

“No. She’s the one.”

“Slow down, Loverboy. What do you mean, the one? You mean the one you’re gonna start a rebound relationship to forget about CC with or the one you’re gonna grow old with?” Cyclone was silent. He was just staring into the distance at the filly with the Kobalt hat. He had tuned out everything else in the world.

“Well, I can tell by the stardust in your eyes that it is in fact the latter of the two,” said Misfire. “Go and talk to her before she goes to her seat, this might be your only shot.” Cyclone started to walk towards her, completely lost in his newfound love-sickness.

“Jeeeeez,” said Misfire, “How lovestruck can ya get?”

Cyclone stood around the corner of the garage from the filly, waiting for her to finish her conversation so he could start a new one with her. Finally she stopped arguing with the other fan about Mane n Tail and started around the corner for her seat.

“Hey, Baby. Are you an angel? ‘Cause I’m allergic to feathers,” said Cyclone as the filly rounded the corner. He could almost hear Misfire facehoof in the distance. He had been using this line for years and Misfire hadn’t liked it from day one.

“Hehe,” laughed the filly, “I’ve never heard that one before. How are you doing? My name is Lucky Bolt.”

“My name is Cyclone, but you can call me tomorrow.” Cyclone could hear the distant “boo” from Misfire. This was another cheesy line he had used for years that Misfire had grown tired of.

“Well aren’t you just full of jokes, Cyclone?” said Lucky, “I could use a laugh or two. You here with anyone or do you think you could sit with me through the races?” Cyclone glanced back at Misfire in the middle of the pit aisle.

“Nope, I’m here all alone. I’d love to sit with you.”

“Great. Let’s head up to our seats, the race is about to start.”

Jeez, how lovestruck can you get? :D

I have returned with more fanfic. CycBolt fanfic that is. Last one was the prologue and now it is time for the first 2 chapters. I'll post them as spoilrs so they don't take up half the page as you scroll through.

Spoiler

Chapter 1: Not as Planned

“Misfire!” barked Cyclone into his radio, “What’s the sitrep?”

“He didn’t make it,” replied Misfire through the frenzy of the intense battle. This was the second casualty the unit had took on this mission. It was supposed to be a simple recon mission but it had turned south in a hurry when they got ambushed. Misfire had split off with Skyline and Captain Thunderclap when the onslaught started. Both pegasi that had went with Misfire were now deceased on the battlefield. This left him to fend for himself as Lucky Bolt and Cyclone tried to avoid a similar fate that their Captain had met.

“You mean they’re both dead!” shouted Lucky into her radio.

“Correct,” responded Misfire, “both Skyline and the Captain.”

“You get yourself out of here and fall back to the rendezvous point,” said Cyclone, “Me and Lucky are gonna lay low and wait for this to die down and finish getting the intel we need.”

“10-4,” said Misfire, “See you two back at base.”

Lucky and Cyclone took cover in a treeline to wait for the rogue weather ponies to stop their attack.

“Do you really think this is gonna work?” asked Lucky in a worried tone.

“Nope,” replied Cyclone rather bluntly, “but a stallion can dream, can’t he?” Believe it or not, this was not reassuring to Lucky as she huddled down further into their improvised foxhole.

About fifteen minutes later, the treeline was pin-drop silent. Cyclone signaled to Lucky that this was their chance to go. They both popped out of the foxhole and took to the sky to fly closer to the compound. It was about 500 yards to the warehouse that they needed to reach to finish the recon but about 75 yards from the end of the treeline, Cyclone heard another set of wings behind him. He turned just in time to see a rogue weatherpony in a dive bomb pose heading straight for Lucky.

“Lucky!” he shouted, “Look out!” But it was too late. Lucky had already been knocked out of the sky like a clay pigeon at a skeet shoot. She went tumbling toward the ground as Cyclone turned quickly to engage the enemy. He gave a few heavy beats of his wings to reach the highest speed he could then tucked into a ball to attempt a cannonball maneuver. Much to his surprise, the improvised, hail Mary had worked. When he untucked, the rogue was now the one plummeting.

Cyclone did not follow the rogue to the ground to confirm the takedown, he was too concerned with Lucky who, mind you, was on her first mission. Cyclone flew back to where he had last seen her but the brush on the forest floor was very thick and there were no obvious clues of where it had been recently disturbed. He landed and immediately started shouting for her. He called her name and searched the bushes for what seemed to be hours and then he saw a yellow bed of flowers that looked like it had been trampled flat. He ran over to it in search of clues been when he pulled back the foliage, he saw that it was Lucky herself.

“Lucky!” he said in a panicked voice, “Can you hear me?” There was no response. He found a pulse but her body was completely limp. She had cuts all over and was bleeding profusely. He quickly threw her across his back.

“I’m gonna get you outta here,” he said to the mostly lifeless pegasus on his back as he looked at the thick greenery all around them, “somehow.” All the thoughts of the intel he was supposed to gather went out the window when he found Lucky laying on the forest floor. Now he was just focused on getting the filly that he had brought into this mess out of it. He quickly located the moonlight and remembered where the moon was when they were in the foxhole. This gave him an idea of what direction to fly in.

It didn’t take long to get back to base but by then Lucky had lost a lot more blood. She needed help and fast. The base paramedics bandaged her up as best they could and sent her on to Ponyville General Hospital.

130349428_cycandluckyaftermission.thumb.png.bf94a9665a48bea6f5e8ebbcd56bc775.png

Spoiler

Chapter 2: Jello and Spaghetti Noodles

It was the Thursday evening after the failed Phantombolts recon mission and Lucky was scheduled to come out of her induced coma. The remaining Phantombolts, which at this point was just Cyclone and Misfire, were heading back up to her room in Ponyville General.

“I can’t help but think that this is all my fault, Misfire,” said Cyclone as they were in the elevator.

“The whole Lucky in a coma thing or the fact that our jobs are in jeopardy now?” asked Misfire in a very sarcastic tone.

“I mean, she wouldn’t have gotten in this mess if I hadn’t walked up and started talking to her that night at the race track,” continued Cyclone, obviously ignoring Misfire’s sarcasm. “Maybe I should have just stuck to admiring her from afar rather than bring her into this mess.”

“That is considered stalking, and anyways dude, she is doing this because she wants to spend time with you.”

“You think so?”

“Dude! Are you completely clueless when it comes to mares? She totally has the hots for you.”

“No. No way. Nopony does.”

“Even in the heat of an ambush, she still decided to go with you. Do you not like her that way, because you seemed to that night at the track?”

“No I do, I just don’t think she likes me back.”

“Look. When she comes out of this coma, she is bound to say something to you that is gonna make it obvious because she has gotten a taste of death, and death all alone and she doesn’t want that feeling ever again so if she feels like that about you, now is when it’ll be most obvious.”

“Well can you tap me on the shoulder if she says anything along those lines that I don’t pick up on?”

“Sure.”

They got to the room just as Nurse Redheart was giving her the injection to bring her out.

“Good you’re just in time,” said the nurse,”She’ll be coming back to us at any moment.” Cyclone stood there staring at her beautiful face that was so peaceful, she was even smiling.

Not long after, the peace was shattered. Lucky took a deep breath and her eyes shot open.

“Cyclone he’s gonna...Oh. Wait. How am I in a hospital?”

“Welcome back,” said Misfire. Lucky looked up and around the room until her eyes met Cyclone’s.

“What happened Cyc? Your hair looks great by the way.”

Misfire quickly punched Cyclone in the shoulder.

“Yeah, even I picked up on that one but thanks anyway,” said Cyclone, “ You were knocked out of the sky on that mission gone bad. Judging by what you first said as you came to you were still back there in your head.”

“Yeah, on the mission,” said Lucky with a little bit of redness in her cheeks as she rubbed the back of her head with her hoof.

“Well, you should eat,” said Cyclone, “It’s great to have you back.”

“Yay,” said Lucky, “hospital food. Thanks for checking in on me.”

“That black one was in here every night,” said Nurse Redheart as Misfire and Cyclone walked out of the room.

“Really?” asked Lucky.

“Yeah. He was in here talking to you until the early morning talking about how he was sorry that all this happened to you and how it was all his fault. I think a couple nights he even broke down in tears about it for awhile. He your boyfriend or something?”

“I wish!” replied Lucky quickly then she gave it some thought. “Yeah. I wish. Is there anyway you can call the front desk to send him back up here?”

“Absolutely,” said Nurse Redheart as she grabbed the phone. “Stallion with the black coat and blue mane, can you send him up to room 407? Thank you.” She turned to Lucky, “Your Romeo will be back up here in a minute.”

“Thanks,” replied Lucky as she sat on the bed thinking of what to tell him.

“Sir,” said the receptionist.

“Me?” replied Cyclone as he pointed to his chest.

“Yes, you’re wanted in room 407.”

“Oh boy,” said Misfire, “I bet you didn’t think your first time would be in a hospital.”

“Shut up!” fired Cyclone as turned around and headed back to the elevator.

When he got back to the room, Lucky was busy eating.

“What did you need?” he asked as he walked back in.

“Nurse Redheart said that you were in here apologising every night. What were you so sorry for? I don’t blame you for me being dive bombed.”

“This whole thing is my fault. If I hadn’t walked up to you that night at the races and wound up telling you what I do for a living, you wouldn’t have decided to join.”

“Well, it’s like you said. I decided to join.”

“Your other option was death.”

“What?”

“We are that classified of a group that it is literally the whole ‘I’ll tell ya, but then I have to kill ya’ thing.”

“Well either way I wanted to do it for one very important reason.”

“Protecting our home country is very important.”

“No. I wanted to be with you.”

“What?”

“Yeah. I decided to join so I could be with you. Come here.” Lucky motioned for Cyclone to lean in closer. “There’s something you’re supposed to ask me now.”

“Oh!” Cyclone pulled back. “Lucky.”

“Yes.”

“Would you like me to open your Jello cup?”

“No you idiot!”

“I know. I’m just teasing. Lucky, do you wanna go out with me?”

“Absolutely.”

Cyclone had a flame ignite in his heart at that moment. A flame that never even sparked when he was with CC. A flame that melted him almost instantly. The two sat there staring into each other’s eyes.

“What color were they?” asked Lucky. Cyclone gave her a questioning look. “Your eyes. What color were they? You said you had them changed when you joined the Phantoms.”

“Brown.”

“Ooooo, like a deer.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“I think I’ll call you Bambi.”

“I’d love that.”

“There’s one more thing I gotta tell you but I’m gonna have to whisper it so lean in close.” Cyclone stood up and leaned in towards Lucky’s face. Before he could put an ear to her lips, she grabbed his head and locked lips with him. At first it caught Cyclone off-guard and his eyes got really wide but then he relaxed into the kiss. After about ten seconds, Lucky pulled away.

“You know something else,” said Lucky, “I love you and I wanna kiss every square inch of your body.”

“Well,” Cyclone said, that inner flame burning hotter than ever, “You’re on heavy pain meds and blood thinners so you can’t do anything overly active and this is in fact a hospital room so why don’t we save that for when you get out. It’s only a couple days and we can have a proper first date somewhere that serves something other than Jello and spaghetti noodles?”

“Sounds great but be ready when that night comes because I am gonna be ALL over you.”

“I look forward to it,” said Cyclone as he leaned back in for another kiss before he left.

The formatting gets kind of messed up as it is copy and pasted over so that's why no paragraphs are indented.

• Brohoof 1