Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does a person's body or personality mean more?

Feather Scribbles

I only form any sort of friendship/romantic relationships over the internet nowadays. Personally I dislike showing my face to people over the internet and in public, so I connect to people via their personality first. So, personality is what I am used to and if a bad personality is tied with the most beautiful girl on the planet I would dislike them. So, I think personality is what I'd prefer over looks, but honestly no one would turn down someone that is beautiful to them and that has a good personality.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I was debating this at work today. Why would you want to date someone you wouldn't actually like being around? I mean, as long as basic hygiene is covered. I would much rather go for personality.

• Brohoof 1

I personally couldn't care less about either, ill take anybody that wants to date me im desperate lol. But I think in general they are both equally important because how you look determines if somebody is going to approach you most of the time and how good your personality is determines if they want to keep talking to you. It's hard to tell someones personality by seeing them so I think your body is important in that it makes people interested but you need a good personality to keep it going.

or not, what do i know :P 

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Appearances are the first thing that will catches my attention to see if they're worth my interests hence I have a specific preferences. I can also sometime get the vibe if that person is a good person or not. Personality is a bonus for me. Now "body size wise"...no I don't really care for that at all. As long you are healthy and confident with your look then why should I have a problem with that?

• Brohoof 1

Personality is more important.

Anyone can be born with a "body", but the personality needs to be built up with hard work. That's value!

BONUS: Yes, a 5 out of 10 good look, with a good personality is a very good deal. The look needs to go down to like very low levels for me to start making difficult choices, like bad hygiene levels of low.

• Brohoof 3

For a romantic relationship, both are important to me.  In fact it's axiomatic for me--without the body, it wouldn't be a romantic relationship.  It would just be platonic.  But personality is still more important for a very simple reason: I can be friends with a nice but unattractive person, but I can't be friends with a mean, pretty person.  That's all the proof I need that personality is more important.

• Brohoof 1

As shallow as it'll come across, I believe that, when talking about dating, both are equally as important. @Justin_Case001 sums it up pretty flawlessly above.

18 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

For a romantic relationship, both are important to me.  In fact it's axiomatic for me--without the body, it wouldn't be a romantic relationship.  It would just be platonic.  But personality is still more important for a very simple reason: I can be friends with a nice but unattractive person, but I can't be friends with a mean, pretty person.  That's all the proof I need that personality is more important.

That said, personally, I find slightly mean personalities kind of alluring.:confused:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Would say it depends like don't get me wrong they don't have to be a ten. Yet if this person isn't doing anything to keep their appearance appealing then that gives their character. Personality is of course important, more so I might say yet people also should be relatively good looking as in keeping themselves healthy pretty much. I am not saying it has to be a beach bod but you know, so perhaps it is superficial but people should try to be healthy. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I tend to gravitate towards a good personality and then when I realize I'm mentally/emotionally attracted to them, I begin to notice physical traits.  If I get to that stage and realize that I'm not physically attracted to them, I figure it'd be rude to keep their hopes up and I'll just prefer sticking to being friends.  Probably another reason why I'm still single lol. :Thorax: I think it's important to have a good balance of both physical and personality attraction.  I don't think they need to be a 9.5/10 or even a 7 or 6, just as long as that person makes you laugh and is in it for the long-haul and is good at communicating, I don't really see a problem.

• Brohoof 2

Personality by far. But thing about looks is that is attracts attention faster. A glance and you can like someone. Personality on the other hand despite being better, is sometimes overlooked.

• Brohoof 1