Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does a person's body or personality mean more?

Feather Scribbles

definitely personality and maybe someone who has good hygiene to i almost wanted to date someone wayyyy back like 3 years ago but couldnt stand the cigeratre smoke smell... i hate that.

• Brohoof 1

Personality. As someone with appalling looks myself, I realise that you should never judge a book by its cover. Sure if they look good, it's a bonus, but it's not necessary.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Call me superficial but I personally think both are equally as important. 

Yeah from now on I'm gonna call you superficial

Personality all the way, people with a good or interesting personality are ones that you could get along with easily and build a strong relationship with in the future.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, LegoDashie said:

definitely personality and maybe someone who has good hygiene to i almost wanted to date someone wayyyy back like 3 years ago but couldnt stand the cigeratre smoke smell... i hate that.

I can’t stand that smell either :crackle:

• Brohoof 1

Personality is everything. If you can't stand spending 10 minutes with them, then why would you want to spend the rest of your life with them?

Though I do have some standards when it comes to body as well, mainly looking for someone not obese. A little pudge is fine, but there is a line that has to be drawn at a certain point.

Person's body means everything. Personality doesn't matter.

Spoiler

I am choosing to say the opposite, because why not?
Body does mean a lot though! And you can have luck with personality, maybe?

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Person's body means everything. Personality doesn't matter.

Hide contents

I am choosing to say the opposite, because why not?
Body does mean a lot though! And you can have luck with personality, maybe?

To be honest lol, people are usually attracted by someone's body first and then they judge their personality. 

And then there's those conceited idiots that only cared about looks since apparently a good looking SO would make them more popular, even if that person has a terrible personality. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

To be honest lol, people are usually attracted by someone's body first and then they judge their personality. 

And then there's those conceited idiots that only cared about looks since apparently a good looking SO would make them more popular, even if that person has a terrible personality. 

We can all make the world a little better together by pushing past first impressions and giving peoples' personalities a chance.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Graceful Stiles said:

We can all make the world a little better together by pushing past first impressions and giving peoples' personalities a chance.

I wish for a world where people don;t judge things by their cover but I don;t know if such a world is possible.

• Brohoof 1

You cant blame people for that and theres a reason why they do that because personality can reflect your body or actions. If your body looks healthy then people know you take care of your body means....well alot... Like you are disciplined.....also depending on how you act ...also might mean you vain. If ya fat...then you unhealthy, stressed and lotsa problems or rich and diabetes

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Graceful Stiles said:

Internet gives us that chance! It is all about personality here!

Sadly, Internet has made the world a worse place. *Points at Twitter*

• Brohoof 1

Personality matters a great deal, of course. But you often get people who say that looks don't matter at all, which is not true. In fact I would go so far as to say that if we define "mean more" to be "meaning" more to society on the whole, looks trump personality almost 9 times out of 10. Humans are intensely visual-oriented, and we all make subconscious judgements about each other based on our physical appearance. 

Here's one example. Say you have two people who can sing equally well- one is just average looking, but the other is exceptionally attractive. Who do you think will end up being more successful? 

Here's another example. If two men attempt to flirt with a woman, one is somewhat "ugly" and the other is fairly conventionally attractive. Which do you think will be successful at getting a date? or, which one will be considered the "creep" and which not? 

physical appearance holds enormous power in our society. It can shape lives for good or ill. 

Personality. As long as a person has good hygiene, that's really all that matters about their body.

Of course, this is coming from a 4/10, maybe a 5/10 if we're being generous, so take that with a grain of salt.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, Feather Scribbles said:

If you were to date someone, what would you say is more important to you, and in general? A person's body (ie they have to be above average or hot), or their personality? Do they matter equally?

Bonus: Say someone has an average body (a 6 or a 7 out of ten), but they are witty, kind, interesting, intelligent, funny, etc. Would you date them, even if their body is not a 9.5/10?

Yes.

As long as a personality has good hygiene, that's really all that matters about their soul.

Sorry @Booker for borrowing your sentence with modifications :lie:

• Brohoof 1