Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did anyone think G1 would rerun on The Hub back in 2010?

FirePuppy

In case you didn't know, 8 years ago, when Discovery Kids was announced to be replaced by The Hub, My Little Pony's G4 "Friendship is Magic" title wasn't unveiled yet back then.

For those who were aware of this, did any of you think it was going to be reruns of G1 rather than the premiere of MLP: FiM?

G1 MLP did well enough for Hasbro to continue it as a franchise, but I doubt it was remembered fondly enough for them to show the original series on the Hub like it's big brother G1 counterparts like Transformers and GI Joe, which are still fondly remembered. Hell, until I saw FiM, I didn't even know it had a TV show, all I remembered was hearing about the G3 direct to DVD movies

As far as I know, FiM(G4) is gonna be to what MLP is in the future what G1 is usually for Transformers, that foundation future iterations of MLP will take inspiration from 

14 hours ago, Whomps said:

G1 MLP did well enough for Hasbro to continue it as a franchise, but I doubt it was remembered fondly enough for them to show the original series on the Hub like it's big brother G1 counterparts like Transformers and GI Joe, which are still fondly remembered. Hell, until I saw FiM, I didn't even know it had a TV show, all I remembered was hearing about the G3 direct to DVD movies

As far as I know, FiM(G4) is gonna be to what MLP is in the future what G1 is usually for Transformers, that foundation future iterations of MLP will take inspiration from 

I don't think the brand would have been revived had it just did well enough back in the 80's. Plus I'm not sure I'd say it was just OK back in the 80's considering G1 lasted from 1982-1995.

Plus you're saying you didn't even know G1 had a cartoon, so I don't know if I'm going to trust your opinion on what came before FIM.

Besides, FIM takes inspiration from G1, so to suggest everything MLP related is only going to be about FIM, sorry, but clearly the inspiration started with one lady who was persistent enough to convince male Hasbro executives back in the early 80's that they needed to take a chance on ponies, instead of believing what they told her, that little girls only liked cooking an ironing.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, FirePuppy said:

In case you didn't know, 8 years ago, when Discovery Kids was announced to be replaced by The Hub, My Little Pony's G4 "Friendship is Magic" title wasn't unveiled yet back then.

For those who were aware of this, did any of you think it was going to be reruns of G1 rather than the premiere of MLP: FiM?

On 6/4/2018 at 8:36 PM, Whomps said:

16 hours ago, Starlightglim said:

Idk maybe it could of air g1 but I’m just gonna say no cause g1 really Old

Um, am I wrong in remembering them showing the G1 movie? I thought I remember it being shown on there.