Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

June Event Listing

Jeric

Not that long ago there was some interest in more community events. They are fun, silly, don't take an ungodly amount of planning, and help to foster a sense of community comraderie. Going forward, we will endeavour to have community events become a regular ongoing tradition. Most will be Pony themed, and some will focus around the non pony elements of this community. Let's have some simple goofy fun shall we. 

Those that have a keen eye will notice a few sly changes to the event calendar with Character specific celebratory days. These were created and generated by the fandom at large, but some will be unique to our small piece of this fandom. Other event days will be just silly fun. To encourage some partivipation, we are also pilot testing the IPB Awards system as an experiment. There will be a separate announce regarding that in the coming days, but this will be your preview of that system. 

June Events Calendar

6/13/18 - Free Balloon Day - to celebrate this day, we will be rolling at a simple custom balloon emoticon or two that you can give to those within the community. There will be a topic created similar to the boop and hug threads allowing you to give balloons to members that you have noticed. Of course, popping on their profile and dropping off a balloon is also encouraged. 

To thank all those that log in to MLPF that day, you will be automatically awarded a limited edition Badge that will show on your profile. This is the first of such badges that will be found here

free_balloon_day.png.d76b6a552e648a6c7df

You will only receive this if you login that day. No you don't have to physically give a balloon, though it would be great if you did. 

Summer Sun Celebration - Celestia Day

latest?cb=20111104160423

Join MLPF as we celebrate the Summer Soltice with our favorite Sun raising Princess (yes I know Luna and Twilight also did it .... shush). More information will be forthcoming ... :sunbutt:

Also, the World Cup is slowly taking shape so now would be a great time to check those topics out. 

TTFN and stay Fabulous MLPF

• Brohoof 13

It's nice to see these used again. I was wondering what the future of the event calendar would be, and I guess I got my answer.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hooray for Celestia Day!! BEST PONY!! :yay:

I heartily petition for there to be an official Ahuizotl Day as well! I mean, every day is Ahuizotl Day for me, but I don’t mind sharing! :squee:

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

Very nice to see little events and activities like this being boosted on here again, looking forward to 'em!  Let me know how you'd like PR to boost them if need be. :rarity:

• Brohoof 4

Oh that explains why Buffy had that award. I've been wondering on that before. :derp:

Sounds fun! :yay: 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Excellent to see event days on this forum again. I didn't care less about them previously, but after not seeing any for a while, the forum sometimes became boring and rigid. Adding fun lets the hair (or pixels here) flow.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Something I just discovered, for anyone who sees this before the end of the day.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:18 PM, Jeric said:

You will only receive this if you login that day. No you don't have to physically give a balloon, though it would be great if you did.

The logging in is very important. I stay logged in, and when I open my browser I'm still logged in. I had to actually log out then back in to get the badge.

@Jeric Is there a way to get everyone who was logged in today without having been logged out first the badge?

• Brohoof 2

32 minutes ago, Totally Roseluck said:

Something I just discovered, for anyone who sees this before the end of the day.

The logging in is very important. I stay logged in, and when I open my browser I'm still logged in. I had to actually log out then back in to get the badge.

@Jeric Is there a way to get everyone who was logged in today without having been logged out first the badge?

That's when it showed up for you. It was originally awarded exactly at 12:00 midnight to anyone logged in at that time (including banned member that are still technically logged in, In some cases it didn't pop until you logged out and back in. Question, did you get a PM from Buffy?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

That's when it showed up for you. It was originally awarded exactly at 12:00 midnight to anyone logged in at that time (including banned member that are still technically logged in, In some cases it didn't pop until you logged out and back in. Question, did you get a PM from Buffy?

Ah, ok. I wasn't on at midnight, but I also didn't have to log in when I got on. I got the notification when I relogged.

(edited)

PM from Buffy? :o Want.

*logs out*
*logs in*

Too late; No message from Buffy. (or perhaps she just doesn't like me) :( Though I seem to have that badge. :P

Edited by Rikifive

(edited)

It will be my honor to see this wonderful community take part in one of Equestrias most celebrated events. I look forward to attending. 

:sunbutt:

Oh! The emoticon you use of me certainly isn't the most flattering image of myself. You really should tell the ponies that run this place to consider some others, but please, no pictures from the Foal Free Press. My sister and I don't have the best experience with their photographers. 

Edited by Princess Celestia
  • Brohoof 5

• The topic was locked