Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc MLP Magic Academy OOC (Closed)

JCKane

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

I'll make response from Dynamo and Cosmic on the reactions towards Pollu/Lil and if I need to edit my response as well, then I will do that.

All right.

Though I can say, that the main edit I'll be doing is who was called next.

@JCKane

Okay and same if Dynamo gets called up. If not, then it's all good

@reader8363

I think you did pretty well when it came to Lil. It makes her mysterious, yet it gives depth to Pollu's character. Making others think that Pollu did the spell, when there was another side to her that did the demonstration. :) I think it's pretty cool, in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Midnight madness said:

Oh no I'm still interested. I just haven't been on this morning

Ah ok.  I wasn't sure.  But thanks for letting me know.

As I said, just have him with the other new students on the stage.  Fill free to do a 'before I got to that point' in your post if you like.

2 minutes ago, Midnight madness said:

Midnight sits with all the students eagerly awaiting the fun he'll have at the academy. 

Umm... was that your post?

Because this is the OOC, you can find the link to the RP in the first post of this one.

Please read my last post as he's being called up to do a demonstration of his magical talents.

@Dynamo Pad btw, so far none of 'our' ponies have gone right after the other.  I've been placing some 'NPC' inbetween each one, with the exception of two, since I said they're going by where they're sitting. aka, Dynamo and Shadow Flare will have their times right next to each other.

Are you guys still open to new players?

I was thinking about playing two, maybe three characters, but I don’t want to prolong the introductions in the auditorium any longer than it currently is.

These are the characters I’d probably be playing as:

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/heidi-hustle-r9879/

https://mlpforums.com/eqw-characters/approved/comet-dancer-r352/

They would probably be on their third and second year respectively. Unless third is too far, otherwise they’re both be second year students.

And maybe I’d eventually add this one as like a transfer student or something if I felt up to playing a third character: https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/mystic-charm-r10276/

7 minutes ago, Alex Van Gamer said:

Are you guys still open to new players?

I was thinking about playing two, maybe three characters, but I don’t want to prolong the introductions in the auditorium any longer than it currently is.

These are the characters I’d probably be playing as:

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/heidi-hustle-r9879/

https://mlpforums.com/eqw-characters/approved/comet-dancer-r352/

They would probably be on their third and second year respectively. Unless third is too far, otherwise they’re both be second year students.

And maybe I’d eventually add this one as like a transfer student or something if I felt up to playing a third character: https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/mystic-charm-r10276/

Yeah the RP's still open.  Really it's just a post for each character so it's fine if you wanted them a new student...As for years... Not sure how long the school lasts... haven't planned that far ahead.  So those should be fine.

I'll look over your characters in a moment.  Gotta make my post.

Hmm... ok so I just have Dynamo and Shadow Flare left of the OCs right?  @Dynamo Pad @Midnight madness @reader8363

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane @reader8363 @Midnight madness

Sorry about the long response. I had a good idea and I was on a roll. 

It's fine... though, let me finish going over the new one's Ponies before I continue.

@Alex Van Gamer 

Ok I read the first two, I'll be checking the third in a moment.

Heidi: Perfectly fine, accepted.

Comet: I have some questions.  First of all, as stated, this is an academy that focus's on Magical training and Potions training.  I have elected to give a special 'talent' class but it's designed a bit more for individual study...  I looked at Comet's backstory and have to ask why would he want to attend this school?  Another question is Sapphire his puppy, would she be going with him?  And remember, this is an academy with dorms that takes place in an area that's not really close to Ponyville.  Will that be a problem?

@reader8363

I'm guessing that Lil like's mischief? I mean Cosmic would think that Pollu and Lil are monsters with how how he saw their demonstration. I can see them being friends, but I'm not sure how they would be friends. If that makes sense. Sorry I'm just confused a little bit.

@JCKane Awesome! Ah, and yeah, I figured pitching Comet would have questions. I figured suggesting a purely non-magic OC would give this acclaimed open school some diversity in character interaction between players.

I can validate his reasons being to further his education. He would certainly take interest in the individual study courses, but he's always open to expanding his horizons, so potions would be an interesting class for him to take. He's also a big fan of astronomy so a course from that subject would be another interest of his as well.

Being away from Ponyville is totally fine, as from reading previous comments here this was to be expected. If having a dog is acceptable to have in the dorm-rooms, he would more than likely bring her along. If not, then his best friend would be more than happy to look after her while he was away at school.

And as for Mystic, I'm pretty sure that won't change for a long while. I should probably remove that note at the bottom. But yes, if for some reason I decided to change anything, I will definitely let you know before hand so that you could look her over again.

19 minutes ago, Alex Van Gamer said:

@JCKane Awesome! Ah, and yeah, I figured pitching Comet would have questions. I figured suggesting a purely non-magic OC would give this acclaimed open school some diversity in character interaction between players.

I can validate his reasons being to further his education. He would certainly take interest in the individual study courses, but he's always open to expanding his horizons, so potions would be an interesting class for him to take. He's also a big fan of astronomy so a course from that subject would be another interest of his as well.

Being away from Ponyville is totally fine, as from reading previous comments here this was to be expected. If having a dog is acceptable to have in the dorm-rooms, he would more than likely bring her along. If not, then his best friend would be more than happy to look after her while he was away at school.

And as for Mystic, I'm pretty sure that won't change for a long while. I should probably remove that note at the bottom. But yes, if for some reason I decided to change anything, I will definitely let you know before hand so that you could look her over again.

All righty. Accepted. 

@reader8363 @Dynamo Pad @Midnight madness @Alex Van Gamer

Ok, Here's how 'classes' will work.

Now, most of the classes will be 'summed' for the most part.  Or done at your leasure.  Most interactions will probably take place between classes.  You are also free to come up with your own schedules/classes but I'll let you know if something doesn't fit with the school or the year of student they are.

Keep in mind this does not mean that I won't be setting up classes/events for your characters to participate in during the course of the RP.

Also, every student has a 'Tallent' class.  But it's more free form.  As in they can either go to the group class, or study on their own with just an instructor.  They can switch it up whenever they please.

__

Now as I said every one can pretty much make their own schedules but here are the things that effect everypony.

Meals: Take place at 8am, noon, and 6pm.

Classes take place during the following hours.

9am-noon.  2pm-6pm.

Special tutors are available for continued learning after 7pm and typically will go to 10 pm, they can extend their time if they wish which if the student is willing they usually will.

Saturday, is only for Special tutors and additional 'optional' Talent classes.  But only the one-on-one kind.

Sundays, Everypony has off.

__

@Alex Van Gamer

As for the dog.  There are super strict guide lines and having a pet is strongly discouraged... but it is not against the rules.  It is only 'recommended' if their talent has to do with animals (rather in general or even specific ones.)

So, in other words, Sapphire will be allowed, but is not allowed in classrooms and must stay in the dorm and not tear anything up.  Including being in a 'kennel' when Alex is away and being on a lease (or the pony equivalent :P )

@JCKane

The time for classes is pretty interesting. So, is the longer hours one class or different classes altogether. For example, the one that goes from 9am to noon. Is that all one class, or is it from one class to another across the academy campus?

11 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

The time for classes is pretty interesting. So, is the longer hours one class or different classes altogether. For example, the one that goes from 9am to noon. Is that all one class, or is it from one class to another across the academy campus?

It's not all one class.  But I wouldn't say 'across the campus' :P Could be right next door.

But yeah those are just the times in which classes happen.  But not one class.

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @Alex Van Gamer @Midnight madness

Speaking of which... forgot to mention... the lunch hour is 2 hours instead of 1 because it's part of an hour break.  So you can eat for an hour and have a break for the next.  Or have a quick bite and do something else for the rest of the 2 hours :P

There IS a school cafeteria btw.  But students are not required to eat there.  But it is 'free' as part of their tuition and such.

@JCKane

Oh, okay and thanks for clearing that up. Do we have to give you the type of classes we want our characters to go through? The only classes I know Dynamo would have are magic and anything revolving around video games. I'm honestly not sure what other classes would be available at the academy. 

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane

Oh, okay and thanks for clearing that up. Do we have to give you the type of classes we want our characters to go through? The only classes I know Dynamo would have are magic and anything revolving around video games. I'm honestly not sure what other classes would be available at the academy. 

Not really.  Like I said most classes will be summed.  So you don't have to go into details of a class you have if you don't want too.

The only exception to this is as I said, that I may have some events take place during specific classes and if you want to be apart of that class/event then you just have to join in.

Oh and the 'talent' class.  Which every student has that class.  But when they have it, and if they do the solo class or group class (again they can change at any time) is up to you.

Granted, the talent class may be where I set up some of the events.

PS: If you or anyone else wants to have an event in their class they're taking... just let me know.... Oh and I say event (just incase someone is confused) I mean a scene we RP out instead of summing it.