Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc MLP Magic Academy OOC (Closed)

JCKane

4 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Ah, okay and awesome. I was thinking of adding Dynamo's old bully from his younger years. A unicorn that believes that destiny and fate guides others to what they will become. He has that mentality that everyone is beneath him in terms of power, talent, abilities, etc. His mark is about constellations, so he's a stargazer. Yet, he looks to planetary alignment type of fate and such to know it'll be his time to shine. He plays games as well and feels cheated that he wasn't given the mark he felt destined to have. He belittles others and treats them as failures so that nobody will stand up to him. So, having the mentality that you speak of for the school will fit well. 

That makes sense and I know Dynamo isn't one to judge. He'll feel odd that there would be a mentality at the school, but he isn't one to judge Shadow Flare. :) 

Also, here's what the bully would look like. He goes by the name Cosmic Clown.

23172651_10208581304885082_7237917424827

Cosmic Clown?  :D  Luv the name!  Does he have a cutie mark of a stars that form a clown? That'd be awesome!

Just now, JCKane said:

Cosmic Clown?  :D  Luv the name!  Does he have a cutie mark of a stars that form a clown? That'd be awesome!

You know what? I've never actually thought about it that way. That would be pretty funny and cool. He's not a part of a circus, though. :lol: He does get a wide, devious smirk whenever he feels as if he pushes someone's buttons. Funny thing about the character, is that I based him off of a friend of mine in real life. My friend's gaming name on Xbox is Cosmic Clown. He and I would battle in Naruto at conventions and I always won against him. He never made it easy and I saw him as a rival. I based the character as a complete opposite to my friend. Dynamo sees Cosmic as a rival, but more so an enemy that doesn't like seeing his friends being picked on.

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

You know what? I've never actually thought about it that way. That would be pretty funny and cool. He's not a part of a circus, though. :lol: He does get a wide, devious smirk whenever he feels as if he pushes someone's buttons. Funny thing about the character, is that I based him off of a friend of mine in real life. My friend's gaming name on Xbox is Cosmic Clown. He and I would battle in Naruto at conventions and I always won against him. He never made it easy and I saw him as a rival. I based the character as a complete opposite to my friend. Dynamo sees Cosmic as a rival, but more so an enemy that doesn't like seeing his friends being picked on.

Ah, nice nice.   Though didn't think he was part of a circus :P But You said he didn't like the cutie mark he had because it wasn't what he felt he deserved. So would be funny.

1 minute ago, JCKane said:

Ah, nice nice.   Though didn't think he was part of a circus :P But You said he didn't like the cutie mark he had because it wasn't what he felt he deserved. So would be funny.

I think that was a great idea you made. Not only since it wasn't the mark he wanted, but also because others would make fun of his mark. See him as a joker, but meant to be taken seriously and threatening. That sounds amazing, haha. :D 

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I think that was a great idea you made. Not only since it wasn't the mark he wanted, but also because others would make fun of his mark. See him as a joker, but meant to be taken seriously and threatening. That sounds amazing, haha. :D 

Glad to be of help. :)

I'd like to add an oc 

Name: Midnight madness

Race: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: Little Dipper 

Color of Mane:Light blue and dark blue 

Color of body: Black

Back story: Midnight for short was born beyond equisteria in a strange land. He doesn't remember much of it just that the ponies their were always at war. His parent s moved him to manehatan as a colt and he went to school and soon discovered his love for stars and studying astrology. That's what he got his cutie mark for. When he got older his parents moved him again to ponyville. 

@JCKane Hey, sorry about the late response. I just got back from the store and had to make dinner, but I'm making my reply now. Thanks for letting me know. :) 

Also, is the magic academy located in Ponyville, or somewhere else?

43 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane Hey, sorry about the late response. I just got back from the store and had to make dinner, but I'm making my reply now. Thanks for letting me know. :) 

Also, is the magic academy located in Ponyville, or somewhere else?

The Magic Academy is located on one of the borders of Equistria (it's apart of Equistria thus on the inside of said border)  The academy features a dormitory in which the students and faculty sleep.  The Faculty's dorms are located in a separate building than that of the students.  I'll update the first post on here with this information.

2 hours ago, Midnight madness said:

I'd like to add an oc 

Name: Midnight madness

Race: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: Little Dipper 

Color of Mane:Light blue and dark blue 

Color of body: Black

Back story: Midnight for short was born beyond equisteria in a strange land. He doesn't remember much of it just that the ponies their were always at war. His parent s moved him to manehatan as a colt and he went to school and soon discovered his love for stars and studying astrology. That's what he got his cutie mark for. When he got older his parents moved him again to ponyville. 

Ok, I just have 2 questions.  1) will he be a new student or having been there for awhile?  2) just to point out, the Magic Academy, isn't in Ponyville.

Just now, JCKane said:

The Magic Academy is located on one of the borders of Equistria (it's apart of Equistria thus on the inside of said border)  The academy features a dormitory in which the students and faculty sleep.  The Faculty's dorms are located in a separate building than that of the students.  I'll update the first post on here with this information.

Okay and thanks for letting me know on that. I wasn't sure if the Academy would be in Ponyville or in some location around Equestria. I'll fix my post a bit if I need to.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Okay and thanks for letting me know on that. I wasn't sure if the Academy would be in Ponyville or in some location around Equestria. I'll fix my post a bit if I need to.

D-pad new to the school I take it?

Just now, JCKane said:

You would be right, yup. How about Shadow Flare and Solar Spout? I take it they are new to the school, as well?

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

You would be right, yup. How about Shadow Flare and Solar Spout? I take it they are new to the school, as well?

Shadow Flare is new.  Solar Spout is not.

btw, I can 'fix' the issue in my next post if you like.  But those who are having seats in the gymnasium are not the new students.... The new students will be brought into the place on the stage once it was time for the 'meeting' to start.  (though Is gymnasium the wrong word?  I meant like a lecture hall type thing.)

Oh and by 'fix the issue' I was going to have one of my characters come up to him and let him know he went to the wrong place.

7 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Ah, okay and I'm okay if you 'fix the issue.' I also think the gymnasium would be the right place. I remember there was an assembly for new and returning students in my high school in the gymnasium.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Ah, okay and I'm okay if you 'fix the issue.' I also think the gymnasium would be the right place. I remember there was an assembly for new and returning students in my high school in the gymnasium.

Well, it's supposed to have like a stage type thing.  so *shrug* as it's supposed to be used for various special lecture and school wide announcements and such.

Anyways, I'll work on my fix :P

Just now, JCKane said:

Well, it's supposed to have like a stage type thing.  so *shrug* as it's supposed to be used for various special lecture and school wide announcements and such.

Anyways, I'll work on my fix :P

Oh, okay and that makes sense. Also, okay and I'm looking forward to the RP. :) 

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane Just making sure on something for my post. Does Dynamo know Solar Spout, or would he be somewhat confused since she knows his name? 

He probably wouldn't know who she was.  While her mother is known in Equistria especially to those who want to learn about magic... Solar Spout is not.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane I just remembered something. You said you would have to ask me something some time after the RP starts. I was just wondering on what you were going to ask me, if that's okay. 

Oh.. that's right I did say that.  Though, I don't remember what I was going to ask you about actually.  :D

Uh... one moment.  I'll reread what the conversation where that was brought up to see if that would jog my memory.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@JCKane 

Oh, okay and no worries. :D I have a bad habit of forgetting what I'm talking about at times. I have something on my mind that I have to say, then I instantly forget. :lol: 

Ugh... yeah.. I reread it and still don't remember speficially what I wanted to ask.  I mean I know ingeneral what it was... but not fully on what I was going to ask.

Mainly, I know that I was going to see if that if you'd want to make his 'video game magic' a bit more special.  As in like a hidden talent or something.

I want to say it was along the lines of maybe When it glows... some how he takes more control over the character in the game vs the controller.  And part of that talent would be like a 'fully body controler' or something.  Like say if he kicked his own legs, then the character in the game would kick.   Perhaps he doesn't really fully know about this talent.  And, eventually, perhaps that as the RP goes on, he finds out that this ability can work on more than just  video games characters... as in if focused, he could use this 'tallent' on another pony/creature.

It was just a thought and would go well with the overarching plot.

6 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Hey, I was wondering if I'm able to enter one or two characters for now

The RP is open for anyone to join.  But I need to approve your characters first.  So let me know who you plan on adding into it.

Also, one or two characters works fine.  As for now 3 is the max (If you're active enough and I think you can handle more, than I'll allow past the max, but 3 max at the start).

Once approved, we'll work out how to introduce your character in the RP... since we're at the start it shouldn't be too hard at all though.

Edited by JCKane

1 minute ago, JCKane said:

Ugh... yeah.. I reread it and still don't remember speficially what I wanted to ask.  I mean I know ingeneral what it was... but not fully on what I was going to ask.

Mainly, I know that I was going to see if that if you'd want to make his 'video game magic' a bit more special.  As in like a hidden talent or something.

I want to say it was along the lines of maybe When it glows... some how he takes more control over the character in the game vs the controller.  And part of that talent would be like a 'fully body controler' or something.  Like say if he kicked his own legs, then the character in the game would kick.   Perhaps he doesn't really fully know about this talent.  And, eventually, perhaps that as the RP goes on, he finds out that this ability can work on more than just  ideo games characters... as in if focused, he could use this 'tallent' on another pony/creature.

It was just a thought and would go well with the overarching plot.

@JCKane

That...is...simply...amazing! I know his talent is his passion and love for video games and being able to adapt when it came to games. I wasn't truly sure how to add onto that, or develop his talent. Reading this, I think that's an amazing idea and I'm okay with that. I've been doing another RP on here and there was an idea of predicting movements and finding a pattern in one's move set. I could see what you and the other person said working hand in hand, but I wouldn't want to make him sound overpowered. I like this idea more since it's like taking control of someone in a game, but not truly. Thank you so much and this sounds really cool. I can't wait to see how the RP will turn out and how it will all be implemented. :D